Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
lipo compared to nimh? >

lipo compared to nimh?

lipo compared to nimh?

Old 09-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mwry13
Dont be retarded with your expensive batteries?
I think the moral is don't be retarded with any batteries, or you might get burned!

What is the balancer for? Aren't LiPo chargers capable of "balancer" functions?
Old 09-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
...What is the balancer for? Aren't LiPo chargers capable of "balancer" functions?
No, not all lipo capable chargers have a built in balancer. Duratrax Ice has no balancer, several lipo capable chargers in the Hyperion line do have built in balancers. Separate balancer is for balancing voltage across cells for chargers that do not provide a built in balancer.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

As bulldawg said, I love the consistant power of the lipo. It makes me more consistant and being more consistant is faster in the end.

I love just filling my battery's like a fuel tank i just top them off. No discharge equalize and charge and repeak BS

I use 2 battery's to run 2 classes for the last 8 months with 2 chargers. I used to use 10 packs and buy a couple new ones every 3 months. I was a slave to those batterys. If i couldn't use my lipo's i would quit this hobby lol.

I like the orion 3600/3800 25c lipo's they are awesome. I run practice laps to burn off some juice to get to that sweet spot. great battery for stock and 19t.