Wiki Posts
Search

MaxAmps or CBP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default MaxAmps or CBP?

I was about to purchase some 5000HV 7.4v lipo packs from Max when someone mentioned Cheap battery packs was having a sale on the Elite brand of lipos. However, unlike MaxAmps that tailor the wire ends to your desired needs it seems I'd have to setup the cheaper battery packs. Are they the same as soldering a pair of loose NIMH cells together? Would it just be better to buy a pair of 5k 2s2p from MaxAmps?
Old 08-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thats odd of them - they let you pick balance tap, but make you do your own power conn. Deans would be my 1st choice and they're not that hard, it takes only a few minutes, but if you've never done them, I'm not sure I'd want to start on these as my very first attempt.

If your soldering skills are lacking in that regard (these will push a lot of amps, good connection is a must), go for maxamps pacs and get them delivered ready to plug and go.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I haven't soldered anything for the longest. Guess I'll take the MaxAmps.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Thumbs up Elite

I have bought several lipo batteries from cbp and have had great products at a good price. I have 3 elite 4800's and a couple of the poly rc batteries. They test what they sell and are not overating them. All you need to do is add your connector of choice(i use deans) and your good to go. Don't forget when you get them it's a good idea to break them in . A couple cycles at a low discharge rate.

Last edited by latemodel13; 08-03-2008 at 08:29 AM. Reason: added
Old 08-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Are they the same as soldering a pair of loose NIMH cells together? Would it just be better to buy a pair of 5k 2s2p from MaxAmps?
NO it is not the same!!!!!!! One slip and you are in for something you would not like and will not forget !!!!!!!! Get your lipo with the plug already on it.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default wow

i would listen to that lazer guy, he's been around this sport along time and does alot of research. not to mention we all at the track call him the legend ,so i would listen to him not to mention he happins to own the best asphalt track ive ever raced on
Old 08-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Oh for sure I don't plan to do ANY fixing...especially after reading the warning lables. I dunno what it worse...forgot I had a gallon of nitro next to the water heater or lipo batts! Going for MaxAmps once I sell a few things. It lists that you receive a discount for a large purchase. Is that after the first purchase or with the first and next? Anyone know?
Old 08-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Now I hear from people MaxAmps false advertises the spec ratings for their batteries? Is this true? If they are ok then what is a better brand of lipo packs to buy? Of some people have mentioned to me Polyquest, Elite or Flight power/ Trackpower.