Wiki Posts
Search

Nomadio React 3rd Chnl Setup Instructions for Light Switches

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Nomadio React 3rd Chnl Setup Instructions for Light Switches

Ok, for those of you having some problems setting up your React ( and suspectively the Sensor) to use the 3rd channel to control your lights on/off function, this instructional sheet should help get you working without much issue.

I just received one of the Beta Light Controllers from Eagle View Aerials L.L.C. Forum Member name is paul.barsamian. I will also be doing a review of this light controller in another thread shortly. This thread will be how to set up your Nomadio React to functionally use the 3rd channel to operate with the EVA light controller board. I figure, this setup will also work with other controllers, but i have not verified it. Same goes with the Nomaido Sensor. I suspect this will work with this and other light controller, but I can not verify this as I dont own any other light controllers or a Sensor. Attempt at your own Discretion/Risk.

without further ado: one with the show

Nomadio React Setup Sheet for 3rd/4th channel control of Eagle View Aerial L.L.C
RC Light Board Controller

By: Timmahh

So you want to set up your Nomadio React to operate the front and rear brake lights on your RC.

This is a fairly quick guide to help you achieve this as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Before I get started, i must submit the following disclaimer:

note: you will need to be Registered thru Nomadio to download the updated software for your Nomadio React Radio. Please refer to Nomadio.net/support for proper software update. Failure to update the software correctly may/can result in an nonfunctional React system, and any such issues will result in the need for Support from Nomadio, possibly at YOUR OWN EXPENSE!. I do/will not warranty, in any circumstance, your Nomadio system or your light controller, regardless of manufacture/brand, should you encounter any issues along the way!!! This is simply a manual on how to set up the 3rd (or 4th) channel of your React to use this light controller. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY for any problems you encounter. I, Timothy Locke, WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE should you have any problems! I will however try to help you solve any setup problems or questions you may have, by offering suggestions as to a possible fix or setting adjustment change as needed, ONLY!

now that that is out of the way, we ll now continue with the regular programming: Already in progress.

Items Needed:

1. Eagle View Aerial L.L.C
RC Light Board Controller

2. Nomadio React controller and receiver.

3. 2 or more "Y" splitters depending on how you connect your
setup and how many lights you run.

4. possibly a 2nd battery pack, or a lipo/regulater should you
go with this wiring setup.

5. One set of Front and one set of Rear lights.

6. Soldering Iron and solder, depending on how you setup
your lighting system

I wont go thru all the possible wiring hookups and possible light combinations. lets just say there is more than one way to skin a Cat! (for all you PETA folks, no Cats where skinned in the setup, testing, or use and operation or installation of this light kit into my HPI Baja 5B. Though I can not comment on anyone Else's involvement with the use of a Cat in their process, I assure you my process was and is Cat free, unless you count my white cat that was Supervising the process).

What I will be going thru is what you will need to do to your React to get it properly setup to operate the headlights and brake lights. Again, there are a few ways to skin this Cat (P.E.T.A. folks see above disclaimer). But this is how I have found the best working setup. Should I stumble across another option, I will add to this, and forward to the appropriate party's for inclusion on future products instruction sheets, should it be needed.

OK, you got your React. you got your Computer on, you Got your internet connection up n flying. You have your lighting system setup and all PROPERLY installed, and now your ready to make it work.

First thing you need to do with the React is to Register it with Nomadio if you have not already done so, and then update to the latest software.
The latest React software version is:
Nomadio React Desktop 3.2-BETA6.

1. Download this update thru your current Nomadio Desktop software and install it on your React if you do not already have it installed. If you do not have it installed, note that you will need to also update the RX via Nomadio Desktop.

( I did not need to rebind my RX to the TX after either update)

2. once updated. install your light board as instructed per EVAL.L.C.'s diagram using your chosen setup option.
I chose to use the 2nd battery pack option with a on/off switch wired between the battery pack and the controller battery lead.

3. Plug your React into your computer via the USB cable. DO NOT POWER YOUR REACT UP, leave it turned off.

4. Open your React Desktop Software.

5. If you have not already done so, create a Model for the RC you will be installing the system on.

(mine is called MEAN GREEN)

6. Navigate to your model and open it up by clicking the Plus sign next to it.

7. Now, Navigate to the channel you wish to use. I am using channel 3, but you could also use channel 4 if you wanted. ( PS. I have not checked this on channel 4, but it should work the same).

8. Open the channel you wish to use by clicking the Plus sign.
Adjust your 3rd/4th channel settings to the following specs

Trim 0
Dual Rate 100
Low End Point: 110
High End Point : 200
DR Mode: BOTH
Reverse: OFF
Type : Analog
Mode: Toggle
Steps: 2

9. Now, navigate to the SoftKeys area of your Nomadio Desktop Software, being sure to stay in the SAME MODEL, should you have more than one.

10. Choose what button you want to use to control the headlight On/Off Function. I found the shift button a bit trickier to setup, so opted to use the first thumb rocker switch by the left side of the steering wheel, as it is handy, and i wont be accidentally hitting it. Move to the button you wish to Activate and make the following adjustments to it.

I chose to use Nomadio labeled- T1 switch,

Action: Channel 3 toggle/hold (channel 4 toggle/hold if you are setting the lights to work on this channel)

Change by: Adjusting Value

Adjust by: 1

11. Now you will want to save this Reacts NSF file to your
computer in case you need to reload it at a later date.

Click File, in your Nomadio Desktop Software and chose Save as. Create a name for the NSF file, then save it.
once its saved, you need to transfer these new settings to your React TX. Look to the top bar on your Nomadio Desktop Software and look for the ? mark at the top right side.
One Icon left is the button you need to use to transfer the new info to your React. Click that button and follow the on screen instructions.

12. once you have uploaded this new configuration to your radio, your all set to start the programming mode of your Eagle View Aerials Light controller.

13. Follow the programming instructions for your controller via the Eva's instruction sheet. Once you have went thru the programming process, and switched to the Run mode, all you should have to do is move the button you chose to turn the headlights on/off, and move the trigger to the preset position needed to activate the brake lights.

14. There are allot of options as far as light configurations
and how to power them ect.....

I chose to add an on/off switch between my secondary light battery, and the light controller, so I can have the lights totally off and turn them on at my discretion.

I will try to find a suitable site to host the React's NSF file as I have it outlined here. If I can find one, should I make changes or add to it, i will upload the newest NSF files to the same site.

I hope this gets you React users Up and Running with the Eagle View Aerial L.L.C. new Smart Light Controller. This is a very cool unit, and depending on creativity and wiring abilities, can do more than just one set of headlights and one set of brake lights.

I would like to take a minute to say Thanx to Paul, owner of EVA, for making this cool item. I am Sure Many of you can really get into the realism this item offers where lighting setups go. I can't wait to see what Paul will come up with next as he is already talking about more capable units!!

If you have any problems where the React settings and setup, don't be afraid to send me an email at [email protected]

be sure to put REACT SETUP in the subject line so I do not delete you email as SPAM!

Timmahh

P.S. for this initial setup, i did the full setup on my desk my puter sets on. once i have it installed onto the baja, i will be able to add more setup info on the lighting system i used ect.... i will add Pics and Video to the proper threads once done and ready to post.