Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Mamba MAX 7700v PROBLEM!! I Need HELP!!! >

Mamba MAX 7700v PROBLEM!! I Need HELP!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba MAX 7700v PROBLEM!! I Need HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 05:35 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I'm not sure of your problem but we have 10 guys running the Castle setups offroad at are track and they all can pull wheelies at will and have way more power than we need. Something is not setup right, or just not working correctly for whatever reason. Your Traxxas should be ripping the tires from first hit of the throttle. With just the standard setting on the speedo it would have more power than you could hook up to the ground.

The newest firmware is as smooth as anything I used in 25 years of racing. My brushed stuff isn't any smoother than the newest brushless from Castle.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default cogging

This is a common problem. Cut the motor connectors off and solder the wires together and your problem will go away!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how do i set up my esc?

couldnt figure out the instructions and the blinks and the tone.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RC10Tim
Thanks for your help Dave.

How come they dont have the capacitor intergrated and configured into the ESC?Why is it missing and sold seperatly?

I think I might go with the a battery for the receiver instead depending upon the costs.Aslong as I have some solution.

Thanks again man.
Glad to help. The reason they don't come with them, is that the vast majority of setups simply don't need them. They have traditionally been a modified 12th scale thing, because they are starting with lower voltage, 4 cells. But with insanely fast play trucks becoming popular, systems are being stressed to the limits.

Oh, and it sounds like your problem isn't temperature related, it's current draw, which causes the battery voltage to drop due to internal (and external) resistance. And/or causes connector/wiring issues, same root cause. So it happens even when cold, not related to motor or esc temp after running for a while.

Agree that a lipo battery, due to it's lower resistance, will help. Well, assuming the wiring and connectors hold up. Going up in voltage, say to a 3 cell 11.1v lipo, will help as well, assuming you back off on the gearing some. Higher voltage systems, set up appropriately, use less current and are overall more efficient. Also true with more cells of traditional batteries. Just keep in mind the voltage limits of the esc, including the bec limit if not using a battery or out board bec. Best I can tell from their web site, it's rated for 3 cell lipo, or 12 traditional cells like you have. But be realistic, give up on some of the gearing. If not, the lipo might deliver enough juice to burn everything up.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wyd
I'm not sure of your problem but we have 10 guys running the Castle setups offroad at are track and they all can pull wheelies at will and have way more power than we need. Something is not setup right, or just not working correctly for whatever reason. Your Traxxas should be ripping the tires from first hit of the throttle. With just the standard setting on the speedo it would have more power than you could hook up to the ground.

The newest firmware is as smooth as anything I used in 25 years of racing. My brushed stuff isn't any smoother than the newest brushless from Castle.
No No I can pull wheelies at will and its very fast.It rips the tires spinning all the way down the block from a stop.And sometimes spins the tires while pulling wheelies or just flips right over when you pull the throttle on from a dead stop.and it hits 55mph easy.This is while set up with no traction mods or custom wheelie bar.

You and noone on your offroad track has Total Traction so of course noone has the problem.

Now..I have made a custom wheelie bar that has ball bearing dragracing wheels.it keeps the front wheels on the ground.With this alone,it spins the tires from a dead stop or even when rolling.
because the back of the car sinks down the rear shocks and most of the weight is on the wheelie bar wheels.
One way of correcting that is replacing the rear shocks with turnbuckles.I have done something similar and works just as good.it also has the Stampede wheels on the rear.I have the chassis adjusted all the way down so that the wheelie bar is only 1/8 of an inch off the ground.

I took it out today with my brushed 10 turn motor and 9 cells and it was a rocket off the line hit about 40mph in 1 sec. after doing it 3 times I broke one of the drive shafts that goes to the rear wheel.It has the metal and derlon gears in the tranny.

The brushless Mamba Max just stutters when the car`s wheelie bar touches down for the launch and the car wont take off from a dead stop at full throttle.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dave H
Glad to help. The reason they don't come with them, is that the vast majority of setups simply don't need them. They have traditionally been a modified 12th scale thing, because they are starting with lower voltage, 4 cells. But with insanely fast play trucks becoming popular, systems are being stressed to the limits.

Oh, and it sounds like your problem isn't temperature related, it's current draw, which causes the battery voltage to drop due to internal (and external) resistance. And/or causes connector/wiring issues, same root cause. So it happens even when cold, not related to motor or esc temp after running for a while.

Agree that a lipo battery, due to it's lower resistance, will help. Well, assuming the wiring and connectors hold up. Going up in voltage, say to a 3 cell 11.1v lipo, will help as well, assuming you back off on the gearing some. Higher voltage systems, set up appropriately, use less current and are overall more efficient. Also true with more cells of traditional batteries. Just keep in mind the voltage limits of the esc, including the bec limit if not using a battery or out board bec. Best I can tell from their web site, it's rated for 3 cell lipo, or 12 traditional cells like you have. But be realistic, give up on some of the gearing. If not, the lipo might deliver enough juice to burn everything up.
This is wrong.I have a Mamba Max 7700v you can only use 6-8 cells or 2 lypo

I was only using 6 cells NiMh.