Search

SpeedPassion Wireless Power?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default SpeedPassion Wireless Power?

http://www.redrc.net/2008/02/speed-p...wer/#more-7986
Does anyone have any more Information on this?
Seems pretty interesting....

Brushless system is one of the best ways to help new user easier to enjoy R/C, more affordable, and help to protect our world. For pass year our team “Alex, Michael, Jack and Mr. Pan” had been working very hard day by day and putting more resource on R&D to delivery you the one of the best brushless system. King Golden company had focus main product strategy, “Reduce cost and item, more easier for new join R/C user and be respond to protect the world”. Speed Passion and King Golden “ASIC Design team” after day and night continue development and thousand, million resources we ready to bring you to next R/C revolution.

Our latest R/C technology and development solution will revolution 2009 which will change the R/C EP and GP racing, We are proud to bring the Power of freedom “The wireless power”. “Reduction” one of the ways to help to protect the Earth. Imagine playing with an R/C car, boat, or soft air gun without chargers, power supplies, and extra battery packs. No more worries about battery pack quality, and chasing constant small advances in battery capability and size. Saving you time and money and developing new ideas to improve your skills in order to enjoy the pure fun of R/C.

Speed Passion will soon begin this revolution…………
Old 02-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Now that fan on top could be fed power by induction which would make it wireless.

But it is pretty funny that something called "wireless" would have both +/- connectors on its top.

I am not holding my breath...
Old 02-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

To me it looks like it takes the Electricity from the battery and converts it to RF and transmits the Signal/Electricity to some type of Receiver/Converter to power your R/C Items "Wirelessly".
I remember a year or 2 ago on a forum I was reading a member was leaving for a while to work on a project along the lines of this. (Due to his NDA its all he couldnt say much.)
Just my .02
Old 02-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My guess is that "aerial" is nothing more than a crank of some sort. Probably like a emergency radio/ flashlight where one cranks it to charge it. Hence "wireless" power... This is just my speculation.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:57 AM
Tech Initiate

and how much did they say this was going to weigh?
Old 02-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's funny that the Schumacher boys are not saying anything about this.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:43 PM
TeQ
Tech Apprentice

They should work on their english skills a bit before attempting to save the world by eliminating RC batteries.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

hmm, cant be good for people as its a fact that extreme exposure to RF signals from devices such as mobile fones can cause cancer. i'm thinking glitching with lots of different strands of RF waves going through the air while there are others with the same system and also other device such as mobile, wireless fone, pacemaker, etc interference.

neva know, some1 to give hard facts please?
Old 02-18-2008, 01:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Supposedly using magnetic fields. Not RF, EM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiTricity

Whatever the case less efficiency in the transfer of power.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

saw this on mythbusters as 1 myth.

apparently u could harness power by having a large coil of copper or something near power lines and the emissions given off by the power lines apparently powered a guys whole house, lol, bullshit and proven bullshit.

hmm, unless i see this in full action in person, i wont believe this.

my issue is how do you WIRELESSLY power a brushless motor capable of pulling over 60A just using the electricity transfered in the air?

like that write up above says, 60w light at 40% efficiency, really looking bad........
Old 02-18-2008, 02:36 AM
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I would have to say its a combined receiver/ESC. nothing else would fit as far as use.

the antenna & fan on the top of the unit.....hmm has to be.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

I was reading something about how it is a 'Super Capacitor' I think that is what this is. If someone could explain exactly what this is, because I am not too sure if that is what it is talking about. But it is saying something on how it takes only a couple seconds to charge, can put out 100 amps, and only weighs a couple grams. If this is what this is, it would be one of the most innovative and revoluntionary inventions of all time in RC.

http://www.kinggolden-rc.com/doc/Spe..._June82006.htm
Old 02-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Super Cap, I could believe. That is the future of rc racing. It still would be better charged via cord versus wireless. That has been discussed elsewhere. The only issue is catastrophic failure. You ever hear/see a cap go off? Now think of that exponentially.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

any update about wireless power from speedpassion?