Search

M11 doesn't save settings

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default M11 doesn't save settings

Hello
I've got an used M11 but it has got a problem
I cleared the previous data and started to set trim epa to my car... I did all necessary changes and then shut off transmitter.. I turn it on and all changes made disappear.. the radio didn't save it. What is this?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

sounds like a programmin issue with the remote i say contact airtronics and ask them a bout it
Old 01-24-2008, 10:39 PM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

try changing model no. ,try the model 2.and put it on master.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

yeah sounds like an internal issue, mine saves every setting for every model,, nothing special required
Old 01-25-2008, 07:48 PM
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff1
Hello
I've got an used M11 but it has got a problem
I cleared the previous data and started to set trim epa to my car... I did all necessary changes and then shut off transmitter.. I turn it on and all changes made disappear.. the radio didn't save it. What is this?
Did you switch off & on again after you cleared it?
Old 01-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The M8 has a battery that supplies power for saving settings when you remove the battery tray. If the battery goes dead you lose all saved info. Maybe the M11 has the same setup.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

I did all you say but still doesn't work.. an friend of mine expert in eletronics said that the radio has internal battery and it should be bad
I consider send it to Airtronics for repair
Old 01-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

The M11 doesn't have an internal battery set up. The M8 was the last radio to use that set up.

Do you have a wrap on the grip? If you have the button depressed on the grip from a wrap it won't save the settings when you turn it off. Remove that section of your wrap and you should be able to save the settings no problem.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by technazi
The M11 doesn't have an internal battery set up. The M8 was the last radio to use that set up.

Do you have a wrap on the grip? If you have the button depressed on the grip from a wrap it won't save the settings when you turn it off. Remove that section of your wrap and you should be able to save the settings no problem.
Good call technazi, I had the same issue with mine,didn't even know there was a switch there until I called Airtronics. The guy there said it was a commen problem
Old 02-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Not a problem. Glad to help!
Old 02-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default m11 problem

hi guys, i need some info. i am having a 3-4 months old M11 that came with the rx431 receivers 75mhz freq( i got it new) . Recently it is behaving weird each time i turn it on, the servos throt and steer will glitchs/vibrates...and when i rev up my engine all hell's break loose wonderin if any of u has overcome similar problems and what is causing it.

just for info i still got my 3 year old M8+311receiver and it's still working good.

Last edited by rcabj; 02-05-2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: ...
Old 02-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default m11 problem

Hi guys, would appreciate so much any info or analysis regarding an issue with my M11 Tx...i did something stupid which made me to decide to ask for advise or analysis from you electronics gurus. recently, i bought a used Sanwa RD8000 for my heli and the batteries are not good anymore, so i used the m11 batts and modified the terminals on the battery plugs and mounted it with parca at the back of the RD8000, the red wire being on the side and the black on the middle. when i had to use it on the M11, i forgot to move it back to the original position and just plugged it on the M11 socket right away. i turned it on but it did not power up and so i remember that i had to move back the red wire to the middle and the black to the side, afterwards, i plugged it again and i still it did not power up...did i burn something inside? might be a power IC? I hope you can advise me on this matter...I just
want to know the most probable cause/damage so i can explain it to the hobby shop that can do the repair for me...thanks in advance...

Slammer617
Singapore
Old 02-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

Plugging in the battery backwards can trip the diode in the handle. The radio would have to be taken apart and the diode replaced. If your hobby shop can fix it, great. If not, I'd recommend sending to Airtronics service. There could be more wrong with it than just that, but it's hard to say....