Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I-Lap Timing system

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello , Ive just bought I-lap and tried running using laps free. Im having problems with viewing/printing the race results after the race. Also i couldnt open the HTML directory. anyone have the same problems?
Old 06-15-2014, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Set the printer you want to use as the default Windows printer before starting the program. It automatically uses the default.

Newer versions of Windows move the results folder. It can be found here:
C:\Users\<USERACCOUNT>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ Program Files (x86)\rctimingDOTcom\Laps Free\event files

Replace <USERACCOUNT> with your user account name. You may need to show hidden files to see AppData.

Once you navigate to it, drag the "Event Files" folder with the right mouse button to the desktop and create a shortcut to get to it quickly next time.

In the future, it is best to email or call for tech support, you'll get your answer much quicker.

-Craig
Old 06-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by CraiglC
Set the printer you want to use as the default Windows printer before starting the program. It automatically uses the default.

Newer versions of Windows move the results folder. It can be found here:
C:\Users\<USERACCOUNT>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ Program Files (x86)\rctimingDOTcom\Laps Free\event files

Replace <USERACCOUNT> with your user account name. You may need to show hidden files to see AppData.

Once you navigate to it, drag the "Event Files" folder with the right mouse button to the desktop and create a shortcut to get to it quickly next time.

In the future, it is best to email or call for tech support, you'll get your answer much quicker.

-Craig

Thanx Craig
Old 08-15-2017, 10:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is this system still available in the market?
Old 08-16-2017, 11:59 AM
sac
Tech Regular

Yes,the I-Lap system is still available .Here is the link for the website RC Lap Counter / R/C Lap Timer Transponder System (like AMB AMBrc) Craig the owner has the best customer support there is .
Old 05-18-2019, 02:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

sorry for digging up such a old thread however I have just picked up a un used I lap system for next to nothing on the good old ebay and I have a few question and as this thread is so old I though perhaps things have advanced a little with the software?

I would like to try and make it a fairly portable setup and have the computer in a case with a nice large battery to last the day if possible.

First question being whats the best free software to be using now, is laps free still the one to use?

then as far as a pc to run it from I was originally thinking of trying to just find a old laptop however I then thought maybe there is more compact way to do it now? I have no experience with the hole raspberry pie thing but I was wondering if it would be possible to run the programs from there as its a lot smaller and I gather you can put windows on them and then just have a separate screen.

and lastly for the moment I have 5 Bridge Sensor and have a track about 2m wide but not sure how high I need to build the bridge to run them along needs to be? do the have a maximum distance/viewing angle they work within?

many thanks
Old 09-08-2019, 07:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Did you ever get it going Charlie ? on LapsFree program, ? going to try to get my old system back up and running next month,,,