Wiki Posts
Search

M8 FM module in an M11?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 02:21 AM
mjw
Tech Adept

Default M8 FM module in an M11?

I currently have an M8 using the Novak Switch and 2 Novak XXtra recievers. I also run a third car with the FM Module and a 2ch Airtronics reciever. If I was to upgrade to an M11 2.4Ghz radio and only had 2 2.4Ghz recivers, could I use the M8 FM module in the M11 so I could run the third car? The Novak Switch in the M8 won't fit in an M11 due to a couple extra pins but the FM module will fit. Are the modules interchangable?

Mike W
Old 12-19-2007, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

according to tower hobbies the switch should drop into the m11 with no problem
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDDD8
Old 12-19-2007, 03:48 AM
mjw
Tech Adept

That's what I thought as well. I got mine off e-bay and figured it was an older model. It won't plug in because of two end pins on the M11. The M8 FM module has a space that the two pins fit freely in, so it will fit, I just don't know if the m11 will work with it.

Mike W
Old 12-19-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i think you should sell all the receivers and everything you have related to it and just get the airtronics 2.4 module. i have mine and i love it
Old 12-19-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mjw
That's what I thought as well. I got mine off e-bay and figured it was an older model. It won't plug in because of two end pins on the M11. The M8 FM module has a space that the two pins fit freely in, so it will fit, I just don't know if the m11 will work with it.

Mike W
I know you can CAREFULLY drill 2 holes for the 2 extra pins on the older spektrum so it will fit in the m11. The only problem with it is you'll have to turn on your m11 first and then push in the module for it to work in the M11. I'm not sure what those 2 pins do, but it must have something to do with the module turning on. I would guess you could do the same thing with the FM module.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:41 PM
mjw
Tech Adept

Thanks for the tips. I'd ultimitly like to go completely DSM but It'll have to wait until after some Xmas bills get paid off I might just have to run 2 classes. It's hard to run three in one day of club racing anyway.

Mike W