Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum DX3R Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi All,
I've had my DX3R for a year now, and I really dislike the wheel (small foam keeps coming lose/off). So I'm looking for a replacement, which is hard to find here in Australia it seems. What I would like to know is has anyone been able to fit the DX4R (Pro) wheel on the DX3R? The wheels are half the price and I like the larger wheel design - better for my large hands
Thanks
Old 07-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Put a few dabs of CA on the wheel and slide the foam back on so it stays put.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Hotwire
Hi All,
I've had my DX3R for a year now, and I really dislike the wheel (small foam keeps coming lose/off). So I'm looking for a replacement, which is hard to find here in Australia it seems. What I would like to know is has anyone been able to fit the DX4R (Pro) wheel on the DX3R? The wheels are half the price and I like the larger wheel design - better for my large hands
Thanks
I have a dirt oval rear wheel (with bsr red foam on it) slid over the stock wheel with the foam off. I had to sand down the transmitter wheel a little but the feel of the foam tire is awesome once on.

Greg#32
Old 07-15-2016, 09:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Can someone point me to a post that kind of explains the effects on all the adjustments? Expo, travel etc. I understand what the adjustments do but have not figured out the effects (throttle at $125% etc.) Mostly foam dirt oval racing and SCMod medium bite oval racing. Dx3r pro.

thanks
Greg#32
Old 07-15-2016, 09:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Throttle EPA is for nitro racing to adjust servo throw. Not used typically for electric where ESC's are calibrated to the radio.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Questions?? DX3R Spectrum Radio disassemble?

I'm afraid to take it apart to fix the scrolling wheel!
Lately,it takes a VERY light touch to scroll through the menus.
It usually skips a few choices,then I can't go back to MODEL.
Maybe it needs to be just cleaned.

Afraid in Seattle.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Edit, fixed! looks like the last owner did a full perimeter reset and it never calibrated the steering wheel and throttle adjustments. Awesome, made this deal on these two cars even better. Got a VXL 4x4 stampede, a losi SETE 1.0(I think 1.0) 5 lipos, 3 nimh, a 4 channel charger, this radio, a dx3c, 2 wire mylaps transponder, a spare 1415 castle motor, and a bunch of other random accessories. All for 340 and a half tank of gas! Best find ever! think one or both of these cars is going to be for the girl!

I just acquired a DX3R radio and a sale with some used cars. The owner claimed they were having issues with it but he doesn't recall the issues. Upon binding it to a sr2100 the steering on my car went full left and the smallest twitch of the steering wheel call to go full right and so on. Is this a common issue with the radio and what have the repairs been?
Old 08-27-2019, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

My remote was working great all race day. Put new batteries in and it kind of froze. Steering went all the way right and nothing responds on the screen except steering rate. When i press any other trim button it beeps but no response on the screen. Now the scrolling wheel wont respond at all either. This thing was a great remote to me. Really dont want to scrap it 😢😢😢
Old 08-27-2019, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You COULD send it back to them with an explanation of your issues. Mine has been wonky for a year or so.The scroll wheel is stupid!
I'm actually afraid to take it apart.
It will be 2 weeks B-4 you hear from them. They will offer up some choices for repairs.
Please try to BIND it again,in the interim.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deadmancourt
My remote was working great all race day. Put new batteries in and it kind of froze. Steering went all the way right and nothing responds on the screen except steering rate. When i press any other trim button it beeps but no response on the screen. Now the scrolling wheel wont respond at all either. This thing was a great remote to me. Really dont want to scrap it 😢😢😢
Have you tried a different set of batteries (just to rule out a wonkie battery)?
Old 08-29-2019, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mahjik
Have you tried a different set of batteries (just to rule out a wonkie battery)?
yeah. Tried all sorts of different batteries. Even brand new duracell. Nothing changes the way it acts
Old 08-29-2019, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ddd228
You COULD send it back to them with an explanation of your issues. Mine has been wonky for a year or so.The scroll wheel is stupid!
I'm actually afraid to take it apart.
It will be 2 weeks B-4 you hear from them. They will offer up some choices for repairs.
Please try to BIND it again,in the interim.
well i already had to take it apart to fix the throttle spring last year. So they probably wont take touch it. I cant bind it or anything. Nothing reaponds except the stearing rate and the voltage meter. Only those 2 show change on the screen. Nothing else will move or change
Old 04-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Geppetto
Gary provided me with this list per my request. Others may find it useful.

="3"%DX3R Compatible Receivers

SR300
SR3000
SR3001
SR3500
SR3520
SR3100
SR3300T
Losi MRX-3000
WHo is this " Gary" ?
Replies like this are stupid, wast of time and space. Stick to facts or atleast provide where the data came from.
Provide the Facts
You have listed copy cons Fake, maylasia , amazon Crap Receivers.

Directly From Spektrum Tech support here are supporting Real Spektrum Receivers
DX3R is DSM2 , supportes
SR300
SR301
SR200
DSMR, DSM2 receivers like R415 4 channel Spektrum Receiver
Old 12-17-2020, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I scored a near new DX3R last week. All original in its box. Everything works well except the backlight, it doesn't turn off even after 10m of non-use. I've tried a few different settings but nothing worked. Any ideas?
Old 12-20-2020, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Hi, I have both the DX3R and the DX3R Pro - the older DX3R doesn't have backlight unfortunately (not in original form at least)?. But it's an awesome radio - it's the first radio I bought and I still use it weekly. On the DX3R Pro there should be a "Display" menu that allows you to set different preferences

Last edited by UrabusDenis; 12-20-2020 at 12:39 PM.