Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak XXtra wont run electronics

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Default Novak XXtra wont run electronics

i have a few of these recievers and they all work fine. i run one in a revo, one in a 4wd buggy, and one in a tc. the one in my tc randomly stopped working though. its running on 6cells through an LRP Sphere with a reedy neo-one motor. its worked for a long time and randomly stopped. whats wrong? the esc turns on, but there is no function in anything...
Old 12-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

If it doesn't work, it's probably because the speed control isn't powering it up. You can try using a receiver pack to see if it will work a servo.

Just plug a charged up pack into one of the other open slots and plug the steering servo into the correct slot. If it works when you do that, then it's the power supply in the speedo, not the receiver.

The speedo supplies power for the receiver and the servos...

Originally Posted by streetracer745
i have a few of these recievers and they all work fine. i run one in a revo, one in a 4wd buggy, and one in a tc. the one in my tc randomly stopped working though. its running on 6cells through an LRP Sphere with a reedy neo-one motor. its worked for a long time and randomly stopped. whats wrong? the esc turns on, but there is no function in anything...
Old 12-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

well the esc has been powering up for a while. and the esc works fine on normal recievers...
Old 12-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by streetracer745
well the esc has been powering up for a while. and the esc works fine on normal recievers...
Just because it turns on...that doesn't mean the BEC (power supply) is working.

I'm trying to give you a way to test the receiver separately from the ESC, so you can know which one is the problem. If you think you know what the problem is already, then why ask here? Just send it in and cross your fingers that you guessed right.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I have an XXtra that does the same thing. I have tried it with both an ESC and in my nitro buggy with a charged 6.0V receiver pack. When the system is turned on the servo(s) move initially as usual but that is it.

Occasionally it will work fine but more often than not it doesn't. I am guessing that both mine and the OP's need to be replaced.

And for the record - you can buy 1-2 used for what a replacement from Novak will cost you.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

turbo - i also said that the esc worked fine on other recievers. idk my others work. i might get the new hitec synthesized reciever. i dont need the 5 channels anyways. it was just the most inexpensive one out when i got it...