Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
LRP Sphere Competition TC PROBLEMS!!! >

LRP Sphere Competition TC PROBLEMS!!!

LRP Sphere Competition TC PROBLEMS!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default LRP Sphere Competition TC PROBLEMS!!!

I don't know and I can't figure out what is going wrong! My car was running fine 1 minute then the next thing you know it, it stopped running. So i picked it up and it smelt funny. and then car started glitching. The receiver light and the ESC light started blinking and the fan on the ESC kept going off and on.

So I took it to one of the guys who knows more then me and we both stated looking at it. the transmitter and the car were both on but I got no response from the car but the motor would turn out of nowhere with an ugly grinding sound. So we took apart the motor (NOVAK 13.5 Brushless) and the magnets that surround the rotor was all melted. So we figured out one problem.

So I bought a motor (LRP 3.5) and took it home. Now I install with a freshly new motor charged battery and still I get glitching. both lights a blinking and then the blinking stops one the receiver and shuts off and then the blue light on the ESC stays on. once again I get no response from the transmitter.

I need some help bad. has anybody had the same problem? How do I know if my ESC is bad? I already sent it my motor to NOVAK. this sucks cuz I have only had the motor for less then 3 months and the ESC for less then that. Any suggestions anyone?
Old 12-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You can contact LRP and tell them the LED blink sequence the esc does but probably you're gonna have to send the esc to LRP for repairs...
Old 12-14-2007, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I don't know if this is related but you may want to check it out. I had installed a brand new Sphere(TC) and novak 10.5 motor. In the motor I had too long motor screws and within a 30 seconds the motor had fried. I took that car back to the pits and put a borrowed motor in the car(again with the too long screws) and it was glitching. I took the motor screws out and the glitching went away. Thats how I found out that the motor screws were too long. Does your motor/speed control glitch even when the youhold the motor in your hand?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

So has anybody else had this problem in the past?

How is LRP customer service and repair department?

I just sent mine in today and hopefully I get a new one or at least a working one. I haven't gone past the 120 day warranty yet.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes I had the same problem this past Thursday! I was about to put my car on the track and I gave it a bit of throttle and my motor was glitching. So I took it back to the pits and my car smelled funny. I tried to give it more throttle and poof a big stream of smoke came out. I have the same blinking lights that you have. I am going to send it in for repair because I assume it's toast . I put my GTB back in. This was only my second weekend with it!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

has anybody sent theirs in? do they give you a new one since its under 120 days or do they just fix it?

what do they?
Old 12-22-2007, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

that funny smell is the mother board cooking its self so that means it screwed that is what often happens to the gtb spread spektrum
Old 12-27-2007, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

Another reason to stick with brushed motors
Old 12-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

if you stick with lrp you are 99.9% percent safe becuase you know that "blue is better"
Old 12-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

But what is it better than Orange? pink? black? lol
Old 12-27-2007, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

blue and nothing else