Search
Like Tree233Likes

Radiomaster MT12

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 07:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
Yes and no - a curve can be expo, or it can some other custom defined set of point, and I think you can select special types of functions, too.

When you select a curve you have to select the type of curve, then you have to modify the curve itself. For expo, you simply select expo for the curve type, then there's a field for the weight of the expo curve. Sounds like you didn't see or adjust this field.
What your talking about is in the input page right? I was doing this somewhere else.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RetroThutmose
What your talking about is in the input page right? I was doing this somewhere else.
Correct. I haven't played with curves anywhere else because I haven't had a need to do so yet.
Old 04-11-2024, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

was talking about this a little bit with some people and we all kind of were on the same page about liking the hard ware but the software being too much and that there should be an option for like a set up wizard for the people that have no desire to get into the back end junk

set up wizard where i can add a car and go down the line with trim and endpoints and what not just the basic stuff and be able to do the same thing with a second car ect
NutDriver and RetroThutmose like this.
Old 04-11-2024, 10:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hippo_408
was talking about this a little bit with some people and we all kind of were on the same page about liking the hard ware but the software being too much and that there should be an option for like a set up wizard for the people that have no desire to get into the back end junk

set up wizard where i can add a car and go down the line with trim and endpoints and what not just the basic stuff and be able to do the same thing with a second car ect
For the basic setup you only have to go through the headache once and then you can copy the profile to create every car afterwards. On my transmitter the default MT12 profile was pretty much all setup and I could have copied it and then just had to bind the receiver and I would have been good to go.
RetroThutmose likes this.
Old 04-11-2024, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hippo_408

have any of you guys actually tried the radio, though? you don't need "to get into the back end junk" if you just want a basic two channel radio with dual rates, end points, and expos. All of the basics are there and don't need to be specially programmed in, you just need to know where they are like you would with any other radio.

Marcos.J, Furadi and RetroThutmose like this.
Old 04-11-2024, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
have any of you guys actually tried the radio, though? you don't need "to get into the back end junk" if you just want a basic two channel radio with dual rates, end points, and expos. All of the basics are there and don't need to be specially programmed in, you just need to know where they are like you would with any other radio.
I think the majority of the problems are over thinking the capabilities of the radio lol
RetroThutmose likes this.
Old 04-11-2024, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by requiem33
For the basic setup you only have to go through the headache once and then you can copy the profile to create every car afterwards. On my transmitter the default MT12 profile was pretty much all setup and I could have copied it and then just had to bind the receiver and I would have been good to go.
I'm at my first event so of course I need to make a few adjustments to my radio and it's really not that hard. It has way more options but you can ignore the stuff you are unsure about.

My initial impressions driving mudboss and few minutes of off-road is that this is a huge improvement over my flysky 3ch and 5ch radios. Not that it should be surprising but it feels great, I really like the long trigger pull for modulating throttle on the oval.
Old 04-11-2024, 05:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RetroThutmose
I really like the long trigger pull for modulating throttle on the oval.
I'm still getting used to that! Compared to my Futaba 4PM the long throw of the trigger feels like it's forever and I think I'm almost full throttle but I'm only half way
Old 04-12-2024, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I think the majority of the problems are over thinking the capabilities of the radio lol
Right. After the initial programming I don't really go into the menus again unless it's to adjust my brake or steering expo.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Furadi
Updated all of my receivers with a nightly build with the PWM reboot fix so I could try the MT12 in my race cars. Having the throttle timer and voltage telemetry is something I've been missing from drone racing for years. Ergonomics are going to take some getting used to cause it starts to feel a little weird after a solid 10 minutes of doing laps. I'll have to play with the trigger spacing and maybe get a wheel adapter.

Responsiveness wise it feels amazing. Much better than my M17. I noticed this with my crawlers too but the biggest difference is in the throttle. It has a really long throw and it just feels like there's a ton of resolution so you can really play with the traction without losing control.

Can also confirm that the reboot fix is working. Haven't had a reset since updating and I ran about 4 full packs through my EB410.2 wednesday night.

May I ask what this reboot fix is all about? I don't have any issues with my elrs mt12 so I'm curious
Old 04-21-2024, 05:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

I modified my MT12 to a vertical axis throttle trigger.
Since the finger movements and trigger movements match, more natural operation is possible.
It still doesn't fit well on my fingers, so I need to modify the shape of the trigger.

nino. likes this.
Old 04-21-2024, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Very interesting, so the trigger follows the same arc your finger would during movement, assuming you have it adjusted accordingly? Super cool.
Old 04-22-2024, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Finally got around to recording a review of this radio. I thought it would be helpful to have more videos about this radio that aren't from FPV/Quad guys getting sent free radios. I give my thoughts on it as a racer and compare it to my NB4.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-22-2024, 05:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

The trigger has been improved to a practical level.
​​​​​​​

nino. likes this.
Old 04-26-2024, 11:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Chof
OK, let's check them in order.

The wiring is the same as mine and seems to be correct, but I'm a little worried about the part circled in red in the attached image. Check to see if there is a short circuit with the adjacent pattern, and resolder if possible.

Next, turn on the power to EP2 alone. At first, the green LED blinks at approximately 1Hz, and after 60 seconds it switches to high-speed blinking. The fast blinking indicates that the EP2 is in wifi mode. Please make sure that you can access EP2 using the web UI. You can also check the firmware version of EP2 on the web UI.

If you can confirm up to this point, EP2 is set up correctly. Next is a check of MT12.

Set as follows in SYS>HARDWARE.
Internal RF
 Type CRSF
 Baurate 1.87m(or above)

Set as follows in MDL>SETUP.
Internal RF
 Mode CRSF 1.87m
Just to be sure, set to "External RF OFF".

Connect EP2, turn on MT12, and start SYS>TOOLS>ExpressLRS. Normally, the ExpressLRS LUA screen will be displayed here. If it says "Loading...", EP2 is not recognized.
Thank you for all the help! I got this to work with your info!

One issue I'm having though, is enabling WiFi on the ep2. I can enable wifi through the LUA however after about 10 seconds it shuts off. As such, it makes it hard to make binding phrase changes.
Do you experience the same issue?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.