Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree198Likes

Digital Servos from China

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's a little USB powered light. If I had to guess I'd say those are RGB LEDs and the dip switches control them somehow.
Bry195 and themountain like this.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by frewster
That's a little USB powered light. If I had to guess I'd say those are RGB LEDs and the dip switches control them somehow.

That's it thanks!

I had to remove the yellow film covering the dip switches with the following controls:

1-3: all 3 must be on and causes LED #1 to rotate between RED - GREEN - BLUE

4: controls LED #2 to RED static

5: controls LED #3 and #4 to RED static

6: controls LED #3 and #4 to GREEN static

7: controls LED #3 and #4 to BLUE static

8: controls LED #3 and #4 to WHITE static (opposite half)

You can enable any combination of dip switches to mix/blend colors together to get custom colors like 5(RED) + 7(BLUE) = PURPLE

Pretty cool little gadget, no idea what I will use it for, but can definitely be used as a night light when plugged into a USB wall outlet, ha!

frewster likes this.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

I have officially put the following servo to the test tonight:
  • AGF - A80BHMW 31kg.cm(430oz-in) @6.0V - 0.120sec/60°@6.0V
I have been running the optional locked servo saver with this servo and I botched a landing with my nose into the face of the jump and I originally thought I stripped the servo gears, but turned out that I stripped the teeth inside the TEKNO Aluminum servo arm instead, wow! And yes, I had it fully clamped down with thread lock... if I keep stripping these aluminum servo arms, then I might have to go back and install the spring style servo saver, doh!

Surprisingly, the teeth on the servo spline didn't strip, I bought a replacement servo arm and it ran flawlessly the rest of the night of racing without issue, though I drove a lot more clean
frewster and themountain like this.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tekno aluminum isn’t known to be the strongest. Also running a servo saver is not recommended because there will be deflection feedback noticed,especially on high bite
Old 09-24-2020, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

In the 8+ years I've been running these aluminum servo arms from TEKNO, I've never stripped one before, though I have always used the spring loaded servo saver as well. Some of the faster pros are running the locked servo saver option for better response so I decided to give it a try. This may be one of those "risk/reward" things to consider going forward. So long as I drive clean it shouldn't be an issue. Traction last night was comparable to many indoor clay tracks, in fact a local pro shattered the track record because grip was up fairly high. So much moisture was built into the dirt from recent rains that they didn't even have to water once when they normally water between every round.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
In the 8+ years I've been running these aluminum servo arms from TEKNO, I've never stripped one before, though I have always used the spring loaded servo saver as well. Some of the faster pros are running the locked servo saver option for better response so I decided to give it a try. This may be one of those "risk/reward" things to consider going forward. So long as I drive clean it shouldn't be an issue. Traction last night was comparable to many indoor clay tracks, in fact a local pro shattered the track record because grip was up fairly high. So much moisture was built into the dirt from recent rains that they didn't even have to water once when they normally water between every round.
finally ordered an AGF servo. looking forward to giving it a try.
billdelong and themountain like this.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

2 months in with the AGF and 0 problems. no backlash in the gear train (i run a saver) and no centering or drift problems.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Found this on Holmes Hobbies FB page :
"We do not recommend using balance taps to power your 14v servo! We have seen a string of failures due to this practice, will not warranty the practice, and will not sell the adapter. What is the issue?
1. The servo can be getting voltage from the signal wire but not mains, which can cause a shoot through when mains is connected! This is the typical failure seen, booting servo after the radio.
2. Balance taps are only rated for 1 amp! You lose power!
3. Balance taps are only rated for 30 unplug cycles, you are prematurely wearing out your battery plug!
4. You can forget to unplug the servo and kill the battery.
Its not a good practice, please use a direct JST tap on the esc power wire as the original designer of the 14v servo intended (thats us ). This ensures your servo boots with everything else, or before your radio if you use an on/off switch."
Old 10-21-2020, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

I've been running AGF servos for a while now, 6+ months with the A80BHM in my SCT410.3 and about 3+ months with the A62BLS in my mini truggy (PR Racing 401R-T).

Just this past week I stripped the servo gears in my mini truggy, and I knew exactly the moment it happened was when I quickly turned the wheel on a botched landing from trying to get the truck to level out. That said, the servo was only rated for 167oz-in of torque @6V, I will be swapping it with the A65BHL which is rated for 348oz-in @6V. The A65BHL is in between a shorty and standard servo which makes it a very interesting servo to try.

Anyway here's a closeup of the stripped gears on the A62BLS which ironically use the same replacement gear set as the A65BHL, so check back in another 3+ months to see if the A65BHL holds up!:

Height comparison from left to right
JX-7032MG --> AGF-A65BHL --> AGF-A62BLS

Follow-up

After 8+ race days with the A65 in my Mini-Truggy I'm happy to report no more stripped servo gears yet.

After 6 race days with the A62 moved into 1/10 4WD Buggy (13.5T) I just stripped that servo again this past weekend on a tight indoor clay track after tagging a concrete wall coming off the straight.

I plan to replace the A62 with an A80 going forward and do not recommend the A62 for off-road use. If you must have a low profile servo, then consider the A65, it's holding up well for me so far
Bry195 likes this.

Last edited by billdelong; 10-22-2020 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

but turned out that I stripped the teeth inside the TEKNO Aluminum servo arm instead, wow! And yes, I had it fully clamped down with thread lock... if I keep stripping these aluminum servo arms, then I might have to go back and install the spring style servo saver, doh!
Try a Hudy, all Hudy horns are 7075-T6. Expensive but that's why.
Most if not all other brands use 6061 and it's a significant strength difference, not sure about the Tekno one though.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Follow-up

After 8+ race days with the A65 in my Mini-Truggy I'm happy to report no more stripped servo gears yet.

After 6 race days with eh A62 moved into 1/10 4WD Buggy (13.5T) I just stripped that servo again this past weekend on a tight indoor clay track after tagging a concrete wall coming off the straight.

I plan to replace the A62 with an A80 going forward and do not recommend the A62 for off-road use. If you must have a low profile servo, then consider the A65, it's holding up well for me so far
so far so good with my A62 in my 2wd dirt car. It’s 17.5 loose dirt car so I doubt I’ll have issues with the servo. Just did first race day on it and it was fine.

i did just pick up an A80 for e-buggy. You think that servo is up to the task?
Old 10-22-2020, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

I just checked my race log and I have 29 race days with the A80 in my SCT410.3 and 8 race days with the A80 in my EB48 2.0, no stripped gears in either car yet, also running the locked bell cranks with no servo saver in any of my cars.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

I just checked my race log and I have 29 race days with the A80 in my SCT410.3 and 8 race days with the A80 in my EB48 2.0, no stripped gears in either car yet, also running the locked bell cranks with no servo saver in any of my cars.
perfect. thanks buddy. picked up an EB48 2.0 myself.
billdelong likes this.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by uDi_MP7.5
Try a Hudy, all Hudy horns are 7075-T6. Expensive but that's why.
Most if not all other brands use 6061 and it's a significant strength difference, not sure about the Tekno one though.
Thanks for the suggestion! Fortunately TEKNO has a 50% lifetime warranty, but if I continue to strip their servo arms then I will seriously consider upgrading to HUDY for sure!
Old 10-22-2020, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
perfect. thanks buddy. picked up an EB48 2.0 myself.
I'm sure you know way more about the car than me, but I have been posting some of my notes here in case you're interested:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/...eb48-2-0.1864/

Last edited by billdelong; 10-22-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.