Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree198Likes

Digital Servos from China

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you for the update on the AGF! It looks good. My main concern is warranty... Anything less than 1 year is unacceptable to me. It's crazy that Highest only does 6 months.

As for those new JX ones they look nice but they're too slow. I need 0.08s or less for a 1/8 steering servo or it feels sluggish to me.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by frewster
Thank you for the update on the AGF! It looks good. My main concern is warranty... Anything less than 1 year is unacceptable to me. It's crazy that Highest only does 6 months.

As for those new JX ones they look nice but they're too slow. I need 0.08s or less for a 1/8 steering servo or it feels sluggish to me.
Lucky for u they do offers 1year warranty. But if warranty is ur main concern, PowerHD do offers 2 years warranty, if I refer to their statement in their website.

Also for faster servo, AGF also have a faster but similar servo as mine... Its 36kg servo if Im not mistaken.

​​​​​
​​​​​
Old 07-27-2019, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Ah, I forgot to post about the AGF A80BHSW that I got about a month ago. Build quality and the accessory quality is great. I haven't opened mine up but it looks just like skaar's on the outside. There are no endstops for the travel - with the power off you can rotate it all the way around which must be possible due to the magnetic encoder that is used. There's no slop after 3 weekends of racing so far and it is quiet and smooth. The speed and strength are both good. I was worried about it being a little slow but that isn't the case. Since I run a fan plugged into my motor I run the servo at 7.2V, just to be on the safe side, and it is plenty fast.

So far it has been a great servo! I'll post an update if anything goes wrong but so far so good!
Old 07-29-2019, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

Ah, I forgot to post about the AGF A80BHSW that I got about a month ago. Build quality and the accessory quality is great. I haven't opened mine up but it looks just like skaar's on the outside. There are no endstops for the travel - with the power off you can rotate it all the way around which must be possible due to the magnetic encoder that is used. There's no slop after 3 weekends of racing so far and it is quiet and smooth. The speed and strength are both good. I was worried about it being a little slow but that isn't the case. Since I run a fan plugged into my motor I run the servo at 7.2V, just to be on the safe side, and it is plenty fast.

So far it has been a great servo! I'll post an update if anything goes wrong but so far so good!
I prefer a slower servo. So i set my bec to 6v only. On loose track, fast servo seems too twitchy for me
​​​​​
Old 07-31-2019, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skaar_rc
I prefer a slower servo. So i set my bec to 6v only. On loose track, fast servo seems too twitchy for me
​​​​​
That's a good point. If a servo is too quick for me I will adjust the steering expo on the radio which helps make it feel less twitchy.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Ah I forgot about this thread.

Avoid the Evo P2 servos from AlturnUSA at all costs. I had two DOA this year and was unable to get a refund as Alturn wanted me to ship them back to Taiwan which would have cost more than it was worth.

Had two Blue Bird BLS-29A servos fail, both almost immediately, in my MBX6 Eco. Returned the first one, the replacement failed, returned the replacement for a refund. Great service from Flight Comp. I just got a BLS-30A which is a new design and I'll be racing it this week so here's hoping they fixed whatever was wrong with the old ones!

I've been using an AGF A80BHSW for steering in my MBX6 Eco for a few months and it's great. Build quality is good, it's quick, quiet, and smooth. I got another one as a spare. So far I have been very impressed. They're going for around $50 on Banggood these days which is a steal.
billdelong likes this.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

Ah I forgot about this thread.

Avoid the Evo P2 servos from AlturnUSA at all costs. I had two DOA this year and was unable to get a refund as Alturn wanted me to ship them back to Taiwan which would have cost more than it was worth.

Had two Blue Bird BLS-29A servos fail, both almost immediately, in my MBX6 Eco. Returned the first one, the replacement failed, returned the replacement for a refund. Great service from Flight Comp. I just got a BLS-30A which is a new design and I'll be racing it this week so here's hoping they fixed whatever was wrong with the old ones!

I've been using an AGF A80BHSW for steering in my MBX6 Eco for a few months and it's great. Build quality is good, it's quick, quiet, and smooth. I got another one as a spare. So far I have been very impressed. They're going for around $50 on Banggood these days which is a steal.
+1 on that AGF Servo... Using that as well on my EB48.4... Its still going strong... I'm only using 6v bec on it since i felt it is too fast for me on 7.4v
Old 11-13-2019, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

I tried the AGF shortly after they came out and it failed on me prematurely. Every cheap servo has in one way or another let me down. I think over time I spend more on looking to save money then quality from the start
slick2500 likes this.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Losiracer12
I tried the AGF shortly after they came out and it failed on me prematurely. Every cheap servo has in one way or another let me down. I think over time I spend more on looking to save money then quality from the start
Did you get it replaced under warranty? Interested to hear how their CS is.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Losiracer12
I have this same problem, I've killed so many of these cheap servos, I think I'm just going to buy Savox or Hitec or something from now on.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just ordered one of those AGF magnetic brushless servos you had luck with.
going to compare it with my tekins.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:17 AM
Tech Adept

I use PowerHD servos since years, i never had a failure or a broken piece. the oldest one i have is 3 years old and still run perfectly (its the old R20, cheap and decent speed).
I've read somewhere they are made by the same company who makes servos for Savox.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Guyon
I use PowerHD servos since years, i never had a failure or a broken piece. the oldest one i have is 3 years old and still run perfectly (its the old R20, cheap and decent speed).
I've read somewhere they are made by the same company who makes servos for Savox.
Savox and budget servos are one in the same, I think I would rather run the power hd than any saxox
Old 11-15-2019, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

It would still be nice to know if AGF replaced the servo etc. Everyone has lemons. What makes a difference is the CS.
morvlorv likes this.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guyon
Same! I've had a PowerHD servo for well over 5 years now and no problems whatsoever - which is more than I can say about my other servos (mostly acquired in used RTR bundles though).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.