Search
Like Tree13Likes

Futaba 7PX or Spektrum DX6R ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
The 6R of today... is not what it was a year ago, or 8 months ago. Raceware 2.0 fixed the bugs... its like a whole different radio.
That's nice but in the RC industry, ship first, patch later can unfortunately wreck what's left of a companies' reputation pretty quickly, IMO.
STLNLST likes this.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
The 6R of today... is not what it was a year ago, or 8 months ago. Raceware 2.0 fixed the bugs... its like a whole different radio.
I'm very glad to hear that! I've used Spektrum in the past and liked them. The new one was just too pricey for me to gamble on. But who knows what the future will bring!?
Old 10-31-2017, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Banzai Hobbies is having an insane sale on the M12S. This is a no brainer.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
Just realize that if you buy from an overseas company you'll either have NO warranty at all or be required to send it back overseas for warranty work.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
That is a good price. Out my league, but still a nice deal for someone!
Old 11-01-2017, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I had the 6r for about an hr before i sold it. If you need to fire up radio, change models, start nitro, race multiple classes, turn marshall, etc.. waiting around for 30 seconds or more is painful. You lose track time and that is not acceptable.

Doesn't sound like much, but my radio booting up is last thing i need to deal with. As I'm often racing, marshalling, racing back to back.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

just replaced 2 dx4's with 2 7px's had so many glitch/interference issues at champs last year i pulled out. only people having issues were spektrum radios. spend way to much time and money going and getting geared up for these big events to have radio issues...
Old 11-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

I had the same problem with my DX4R, always glitching. Now when I race with the M12S it is another world, complete control.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Not a lot of Spektrum fans here, but I picked up the 6R at launch and agree there were some issues initially that might have soured some. I stuck with it though and once the google play store updates were released things became simpler for updates and the system was stable again. I haven't experienced any crashing or glitching since then and I'm racing almost every weekend with the radio working flawlessly.
I don't really use the android based apps, but the hotwire feature is pretty slick .
The ergonomics and adjustment possibilities are outstanding on the 6r and it isn't very heavy either, although it seems some people like something a bit heavier?
I'd recommend anyone in the market check out the 6R or 5R if the android system isn't your thing.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Have a 4px for about 2 years now and haven't had any issues but I do clean the radio about once or twice a month. Just taking the pods put and cleaning them. Just has a friend of mine finishing one of his heats (few months ago), came to his table and set this 6r on the charging cradle and that was it. Radio died and didn't come back on. Luckily for him that had a spare radio. Do you have a spare radio to carry around? Only solid and reliable radios are futaba and sanwa. No need to look elsewhere.
dan_vector likes this.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRSlash
Have a 4px for about 2 years now and haven't had any issues but I do clean the radio about once or twice a month. Just taking the pods put and cleaning them. Just has a friend of mine finishing one of his heats (few months ago), came to his table and set this 6r on the charging cradle and that was it. Radio died and didn't come back on. Luckily for him that had a spare radio. Do you have a spare radio to carry around? Only solid and reliable radios are futaba and sanwa. No need to look elsewhere.
+1. I just wouldn't even consider trusting a 6R. Your radio is the one most important pieces of kit you buy. You need to have 100% faith in it at all times.

Futaba, KO or Sanwa are the kings of Surface radios. Sanwa have won more world championships in more classes than anyone else.
stanleyw808 and JRSlash like this.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

People change cars all the time, every year, every 6 months, etc. Get the best radio you can afford and one that fits you best. I use my radios for about 5 years or more before upgrading.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

I don't get the weight issue with the M12S. I have never had that problem. The only issue I had was the slippery handle, so I put some wrap on the grip, and all good. I do use a lipo in it, so maybe that helps the "weight" issue. I have never raced as well with any other radio, it is very fast.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Both are a nice step forward

Ok I currently own a dx6r and I have looked heavily at what Futaba is doing. What I'd like to say first and foremost is a HUGE "Thank You" to both manufacturers. Why? Because they are finally taking risks and trying to make significant and meaningful steps forward in our hobby. Ive always felt that the tech in the radios available to us were generations behind the rest of the computer industry. The dx6r isn't perfect but the notion of a touch screen using an actual decent piece of hardware that they didn't build themselves, the comfort of it in my hand, and things like being able to listen to lap times called off through a speaker or a Bluetooth device are just a few things that are a significant step up. I haven't had a chance to interact in person with the 7px yet, but I am excited about it.

So I suggest we all buy what we think is worth a shot and financially reward these companies with our business so they continue to innovate and support our passion in this hobby. Ford and Chevy get better every year because the other one exists and push each other (and then of course Dodge drops an even bigger motor in their cars to get us in to trouble even quicker!&#129315