Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobbywing v3.1 120amp esc and trinity 13.5

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 06:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hobbywing v3.1 120amp esc and trinity 13.5

Hello, I have a b44.3 and i recently got a new Hobbywing v3.1 120a. I wired my esc up to my fairly new motor Trinity 13.5 Monster Horsepower Maxilla. When I power up the esc with mu controller(Futaba 4px), the motor spins without touching the throttle. I have adjusted the throttle trim and cant get it too stop. But when I turn the controller off, the motor stops turning. Yes, my wires are properly connected. Could it be a sensor board in the motor? Wouldnt think so since its about a 3month old motor. I also tried a different sensor cable and still did it? Does the ESC just need calibrated or is it something else?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-16-2017, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Austinaj3
Hello, I have a b44.3 and i recently got a new Hobbywing v3.1 120a. I wired my esc up to my fairly new motor Trinity 13.5 Monster Horsepower Maxilla. When I power up the esc with mu controller(Futaba 4px), the motor spins without touching the throttle. I have adjusted the throttle trim and cant get it too stop. But when I turn the controller off, the motor stops turning. Yes, my wires are properly connected. Could it be a sensor board in the motor? Wouldnt think so since its about a 3month old motor. I also tried a different sensor cable and still did it? Does the ESC just need calibrated or is it something else?

Thanks in advance
ESC has to be calibrated to the radio. Make sure throttle trim is at zero before calibrating.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
ESC has to be calibrated to the radio. Make sure throttle trim is at zero before calibrating.
ok thanks Ill try and come back if I have any other issues!