Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
UTAH on road indoor/outdoor nitro racing? >

UTAH on road indoor/outdoor nitro racing?

UTAH on road indoor/outdoor nitro racing?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default UTAH on road indoor/outdoor nitro racing?

I am going to be moving out to Utah, Salt Lake area. Does anyone know of any racing and or clubs that race onroad, outdoor or indoor?
Old 09-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shawn01
I am going to be moving out to Utah, Salt Lake area. Does anyone know of any racing and or clubs that race onroad, outdoor or indoor?
Utahrc.com is the site that most of us use for R/C information in the state. There has been racing most of the summer. There is a track in Magna (just west of Salt Lake City) and a parking lot track in American Fork (say 'Fark' to sound like a local) that is about 35 miles south of Salt Lake. For most of the summer we have alternated weekends for racing. Currently the only truly active nitro class is the GT class. There are a few of us with 1/10th sedans, but, rarely make a class (atleast 3)... though there is pleanty of talk about racing. I think I have the only 1/8th pan car in the state that has raced this year. Several of us go to Vegas two to three times a year. There is also a new track in Ogden (north 40 miles). We've run there a couple of times this year. Bring what you got and watch out for the guy that goes by the tag 'Spooky'... (he is actually a great racer and friend.. I just had to get a dig in while he is out of town camping).

There are also several places for nitro offroad....err... or so I've heard... they are soo..... well... dirty...
Old 09-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Zoot, You should have planed a trip over to Denver and run your nitro touring and 1/8 scale car with us. Still have the Hobby Town Classic in two weeks, everything but 1/8 scale. Bring your IGT and we could do some laps as I have an OFNA DM-One Spec to play with when I go to Omaha.

Mark
Old 09-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah... I thought I would have time for a road trip or two this Summer... I will go to the next Vegas race... late October or early November... But that will be the only road trip for the remaining year. Still... I would like to get to the eastern slope next year... keep me/us informed.

Bill (Zoot)
Old 09-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Will do, and it looks like I'm going to try and make the Vegas race as well.

Mark
Old 06-12-2017, 06:44 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm going to move to Utah in the near future, someone could give me the address of the track (on road) Thank you.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by durbinachico1
I'm going to move to Utah in the near future, someone could give me the address of the track (on road) Thank you.
This was quite an old thread but since it looks like you havent had a response I thought I would let you know. I dont know if anybody is racing Nitro here but there is an awesome indoor carpet track in Ogden that races both Onroad and Offroad electric. They set up a dual layout track that can run both the same day without moving the jumps off. Its really quite clever how they do it. Super fun racing there and the guys are great. Its called Addiction RC / Redline Raceway. Find it on FB for more info. There is also an indoor Offroad track in Salt Lake that has a clay dirt track and its awesome also. They just started racing Onroad asphalt in the parking lot. I havent tried it out yet but it looks really fun. I'm going this Sunday. Its called Murfs IRCR / Intermountain RC Raceway. Also look them up on FB. The other "Onroad" place to race is Salt Lake Mini-Z. We race 1/28 scale Kyosho Min-Z's. All sorts of classes from road racer, pan car, buggies, F1's, etc. Its a small track in the owners house but super fun. Again check it out on FB and also under Salt Lake Mini-Z.com. I hope to see you out racing!