Wiki Posts
Search

Railyard Hobbies Closing

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 04:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Railyard Hobbies Closing

It is with sorrow that I have to formally announce that Railyard Hobbies will be closing its doors for good this summer. On or about August 1, 2015 this will happen.

I would to thank all members of the RC community who have come in to race or practice on our tracks. Many of you also chose to spend some of your hard earned money in my large store. All of it was greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately for reasons that can't be discussed in this forum things did not work as planned. This despite one of the largest RC sections of any hobby shop and what in my opinion was the best indoor off road track in the region.

I thank all of you for your support and hope that you will come and check out the many discounts that abound. Unlike many stores that close we haven't raised prices we still have better than internet pricing on most items and are below MAP on RC RTR and kits.

In addition for now both the carpet track and clay track are open for practice. Both will stay open until the clay is removed and the carpet track guardrails are sold.

Thank you again for all your support,
Paul
Old 04-20-2015, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I had heard these rumors and was hoping it wasn't true. This is very sad news to me. I started racing because Railyard was fairly close to my house. There are no other tracks that are close enough for me to race every weekend. You also had a very nice shop with competitive prices.

In this day and age I don't think many hobby shops will survive on their own. You also need the help of internet sales - strong internet sales.

Sorry to see you go!
Old 04-20-2015, 06:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Very sad to hear this. The reason I got into the hobby was because of your store and track. Always had a ton of fun running that track and racing. Nice bunch of guys at the track as well. Best of luck to you Paul in your future endeavors.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was pretty excited when I heard about this place opening up, and likewise I am kinda bummed out it's closing. Looks like my indoor schedule has opened up for next year! Might just go around hitting big races.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the good times Paul. Sorry things didnt work out for you and the store. My son and i had a great time at your track and store. And thanks for the good deals! Many blessings to you and your family
Old 02-02-2017, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just saw this now. So sorry to hear. My Son and I had a lot of fun there. We have been out of RC racing for a few years and miss it
Old 02-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

never been there but I hate hearing about stuff like this