Wiki Posts
Search

Is practice feasible for you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Is practice feasible for you?

Curious how many folks practice regularly? How many have a track and the time available that they can utilize to make themselves better?

I used to race weekly or more, travel, etc. but never had a place to practice. Now that I have a place I can run every day, I see what a benefit it would have been back when I used to race a lot.

I guess I'm making this thread b/c practicing is the most often prescribed medicine here. I believe it trumps setup, and slop in the car. Just curious how many actually do it.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Practise

Lately I have been practising every chance I get, I live 5 minutes from a nice shop with a outdoor offroad, indoor offroad and on road track, I'm just getting back into the hobby so I'm always there putting down hours on the track! And we club race 2 times a week there. Some people don't have a track that close and are not able to so take advantage of it when you do.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When I used to race I would practice a couple times a week, I did benefit from it quite a bit. Now that I want to get back into it I can't find the time to get out to the track to practice.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Curious how many folks practice regularly? How many have a track and the time available that they can utilize to make themselves better?

I used to race weekly or more, travel, etc. but never had a place to practice. Now that I have a place I can run every day, I see what a benefit it would have been back when I used to race a lot.

I guess I'm making this thread b/c practicing is the most often prescribed medicine here. I believe it trumps setup, and slop in the car. Just curious how many actually do it.
Most of the time...The fastest guys at your track are those who find the time to practice, race multiple days of the week, or both.

I don't have the time, or a track close enough to do either..therefor, I suck
Old 09-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Nobody got time for that....racing is practice for me.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer1812
Most of the time...The fastest guys at your track are those who find the time to practice, race multiple days of the week, or both.

I don't have the time, or a track close enough to do either..therefor, I suck
Yup, the fastest guys usually seem to be the ones who race a couple times a week and multiple classes as well. Track time.

Originally Posted by EliMinoPy
Nobody got time for that....racing is practice for me.
I used to be the same way when I raced every week, for years. Actually if I had a place available I would have been practicing too.

These days I can practice every day, but I don't travel around to race or even race much at all. All about the fun now. I see now, what I was truly missing back then, when I wanted to be "good."
Old 09-01-2016, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Boner pills

Practice makes perfect
Old 09-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Practice can be overrated. Depends on your skill level.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Deton8er
Practice makes perfect
I agree. A step farther, is "perfect practice, makes perfect."

Originally Posted by racenut123
Practice can be overrated. Depends on your skill level.
I have a buddy who's told me it's boring to win so easily.. I'm not sure why he doesn't go find a more challenging playground though..
Old 09-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have a buddy who's told me it's boring to win so easily.. I'm not sure why he doesn't go find a more challenging playground though..

I guess it depends who you are racing with.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would imagine most of the top racers practice racing every week. Arrive, set up the car, improve just like the rest of us mortals. They might come to a club race near home and walk the rest of the field in the mains by 5 laps, but they practice racing. They also represent their sponsors.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

I prefer practice over competitive racing, sadly the closest track is a 10+ hr round trip so I get very little of either.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris moore
I prefer practice over competitive racing, sadly the closest track is a 10+ hr round trip so I get very little of either.
In Arizona ? Really? I've never been there but thought there would be one on every street corner because of how long your season would be. Surprised.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a mini track in my basement to run MiniZ's and m-chassis just for fun, but I do practice driving especially when I buy a new chassis.

I have no time to go racing in my current lifestyle, so this works out great for me, especially during the long and cold winters while my real car hobby hibernates. My kids and I go at it often, and have MiniZ's for guests they can also drive.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Practice

I have always felt the best hop up was practice and more practice!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.