Wiki Posts
Search

Club racing entry fees $

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Club racing entry fees $

Just curious on what tracks charge for racing club races 1st entry? 2nd entry? Kids? Does your track give anything back trophies ribbons etc. thanks
Old 08-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

$15 first, $10 second and no prizes.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

My club charges $12 per entry for non-members and $8 per entry for members if pre-registered. Membership is only $20/year so it really pays to join if you are going to race regularly. It is $2 more for raceday registrations (not preregistered).

We have online pre-registration and you don't pay until you get to the track, so it doesn't cost you anything if you pre-register and can't make it for some reason.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

$15 first class $10 everyother class. Winners and TQ get nice stickers.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

St Charles hobbytown only charges 10.00 first class and 5.00 for additional classes. Mylap scoring and drivers stand.

We also have club racing at the church it's only 5.00 as many classes you want
To run. Mylap scoring.
Attached Thumbnails Club racing entry fees $-image.jpeg  
Old 08-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

$10-20 depends on if you are a member or not.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dun4sho
Just curious on what tracks charge for racing club races 1st entry? 2nd entry? Kids? Does your track give anything back trophies ribbons etc. thanks
Are you asking as a track owner to see what's a reasonable rate to charge? Or are you asking as a racer wondering what others are paying?

Tracks in my state, not just my area, charge between $10 and $20 for the first class. Regardless if it's 1/8 outdoor or 1/10 indoor. Second class, between $7 and $15. Family rate..If you bring your kid and you each run 1 class, some tracks will discount and charge you for your kid as a second class for you. But some money hungry tracks won't do that.

For me. I honestly don't worry about the cost on a club night, assuming it's not something crazy like $30 for 2 5 min. heats and a 5 minute main. That, to me, is a bit much.

Even the average club racer has a good amount of money invested in equipment. Assuming your track is fairly decent..decent pit area, maintained track, fairly clean facility, nice staff, fairly well run program, etc......I don't see the point in complaining about a $20 vs. $10 entry fee. If I like a track that charges $20 vs. another track that charges $10, I'm gonna pay the $20 and go somewhere I like.

Last edited by racer1812; 08-08-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Im a racer just curious im paying 20 for the first class and 10 for second my son also races with me he was paying $5 to race now hes being charged 20 so its now pretty expensive for both of us to race 2 classes each every weekend . just trying to see what others are being charged hard to pay $60 a weekend to race and get nothing in return not even a sticker or a candy bar....
Old 08-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Im a racer just curious im paying 20 for the first class and 10 for second my son also races with me he was paying $5 to race now hes being charged 20 so its now pretty expensive for both of us to race 2 classes each every weekend . just trying to see what others are being charged hard to pay $60 a weekend to race and get nothing in return not even a sticker or a candy bar....
I always question that. You have a facility and track to race at, I assume you have an organized race program with computer scoring, etc..

Do you really see that much value in a sticker or a candy bar that you have an issue in what it cost you to race? I'm just asking.

I've raced a TON of "things" over the last 30 years..R/C, Slot Cars, 1:1 cars..and I have tons of trophies and ribbons. Most of which really have little meaning after all these years, Ya I have a few trophies that really mean something. BUT for the most part, the races that were the most fun, most remembered, best memories, are the great battles for non-trophy lower main wins, great heat race battles, and just plain fun races with people I consider friends. No trophy, no sticker, no candy bar. The race itself was reward enough. Priceless IMO.

I will agree, it's nice for tracks to offer stickers (maybe a candy bar) for main/feature wins. It's a little sign of accomplishment for some people who may not have the racing history under their belt that people like myself do. I'm certainly not saying I'm great, I'm saying that over time you'll get your share of wins and you'll learn to value the moment more than the sticker or candy bar.

IMO
Old 08-08-2016, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

As a dad. $60 to spend the day with my son doing something we both enjoy, together. Which likely involves time away from the track working on the cars together, meaning more father/son time. That's priceless IMO.

But everyone's situation is different and everybody values things differently, I understand and respect that obviously.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Your were paying $5 for your son to race and it's now jumped to $20? Did he move from the novice class to the regular classes? Otherwise, how could that happen? I think $20 for a club race entry is pretty high. I bring two kids with me, and that starts adding up quickly. I do not like it when tracks give out plaques or trophies then jack up the entry fee. I know some guys think they've won a national title when they pick up some hardware at a backyard race, I just figure it's the same race with the same people.. who cares? To jack the price up for no reason, I'd not be happy about that.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

i race on and outdoor track in medina ohio. 25 min. south of cleveland.
club racing and series racing is $15.00 1st class $5.00 every class after that.
you win trophies if it's a series or big race only.

we have a couple of big races and a 6 race series with another local indoor track each summer only the big race cost more $25-$15-$10.

remember the good old days (back in the mid 80's) big roar races $25 1st class
and you got a motor and a full color t-shirt plus 3 days of great racing.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

[QUOTE=dun4sho;14628523]Im a racer just curious im paying 20 for the first class and 10 for second my son also races with me he was paying $5 to race now hes being charged 20 so its now pretty expensive for both of us to race 2 classes each every weekend . just trying to see what others are being charged hard to pay $60 a weekend to race and get nothing in return not even a sticker or a candy bar....[/QUOTE. For the amount of time we spend at the track to do what we love the $60 is well worth it. I've spent 8-9 hours in the past when I used to race religiously at the track. Back then we paid $15. Now we pay $20 for first class ,$10 for second . If u ask me it's well worth it.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

I will say that $60 a week could get a little "rich" for a lot of people if they race every week, myself included. But then again there are other hobbies that cost just as much and people do those on a weekly basis. And there is the bar crowd who can easily dump a hundred bucks down the drain, literally each weekend. It all depends what you can afford I guess.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
As a dad. $60 to spend the day with my son doing something we both enjoy, together. Which likely involveser time away from the track working on the cars together, meaning more father/son time. That's priceless IMO.

But everyone's situation is different and everybody values things differently, I understand and respect that obviously.
Let's get the real numbers of what a day cost. Entry fees, food, fuel, parts, tires, etc. The economic scenario in the part of the country you would think would drive cost in comparison to the real estate for that area. Hence in in CA it would not surprise me that cost may be higher. But, I see a lot of the opposite occurring here in the North East. The number of racers on the west coast greatly outnumber most other parts of the country. They also have a lot more tracks. It just never adds up in my mind for the rates charged in the east.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.