R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   Calandra US F1 Champs Comes to Middle River (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/943885-calandra-us-f1-champs-comes-middle-river.html)

carpetpalace 05-17-2016 04:00 PM

Calandra US F1 Champs Comes to Middle River

Guys we are proud to announce that Calandra Racing is bringing the fast guys of F1 to our track.

This will be a Rubber Tire race with standard F1 rules.

We will also be racing WGT cars on Rubber Tires along with GTA cars.All standard rules will apply.

The Race Date will be July 15-16 Friday will be practice and Saturday will be a full race day.

For the racers that cant make Friday practice we will offer a locked out practice session on Saturday morning.

We will have race flyer out soon so stay tuned.

R Dodge 05-17-2016 04:35 PM

This is exciting. Always a good time when Dumper visits MRH.

hanulec 05-17-2016 04:53 PM

oh, a possible f1 rematch.
hope to make it!

The Teacher 05-17-2016 06:15 PM

What is a Dumper...?....sounds slow:D

I'm in, F1 is in the lab now getting the hot oil treatment...:sneaky:

Kevin CBR 05-17-2016 08:20 PM

Sounds like it will be a fun event. No way I can get off work at that time but would have made for another good F1 road trip. Hope you guys get a good turn out for your race.

Panda

NutDriver 05-18-2016 09:54 AM

With everyone racing outdoors "down south", I might have to see if we can return the favor as come race with MRH.

dumper 05-18-2016 01:34 PM

Oh boy.....Here we go!

Manny76 05-18-2016 03:41 PM

F1. 🤔 I'm in.

The Teacher 05-18-2016 06:24 PM

Question, will this race be on a spec tire....CRC tires? I would think this would be the case but I just want to make sure?

R Dodge 05-19-2016 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by The Teacher (Post 14535974)
Question, will this race be on a spec tire....CRC tires? I would think this would be the case but I just want to make sure?

That is the plan. CRC RT1 rubber tire for F1 and WGT-R. I'm hoping for them to be premounts on the CRC GTR wheel as well :)

carpetpalace 05-19-2016 03:27 PM

Thanks Robbie

We just had a call from Ralph Burch and Rc America is on board.

This is shaping up to be a great race.

R Dodge 05-20-2016 02:53 AM

After discussing tires further, we've decided that there will not be a spec tire for F1 and WGT-R at this event in the interest of keeping costs of racing lower for everyone. We just don't want people feeling like they need to buy new tires to compete & we know all the F1 guys already have perfectly good tires that they can use.

Looking forward to this one for sure, even if only watching!

Great news CP!

The Teacher 05-20-2016 03:34 AM

So as a new guy I now have to go out and buy 50 sets of tires to find out what works...because you know the fast guys are not going to tell you:rolleyes:. Spec tires makes it even across the board. I know what you guys are doing and I will support the race whatever the call. Just sucks always being behind the curve.

R Dodge 05-20-2016 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by The Teacher (Post 14537642)
So as a new guy I now have to go out and buy 50 sets of tires to find out what works...because you know the fast guys are not going to tell you:rolleyes:. Spec tires makes it even across the board. I know what you guys are doing and I will support the race whatever the call. Just sucks always being behind the curve.

Hey Tom,

I understand your concern, but I don't think it's anything that you really need to worry about. I'm sure Dumper will tell anyone the true tire/insert combo that he is running, and I can also check with Drew to see what he used on his car the past 2 years. No secrets here bud ;)

dumper 05-20-2016 06:32 AM

Seeing as the race is on carpet, it is easy. Just get CRC premounts. Or if you are a TCS guy, run TCS tires. I will be running the same 4 CRC tires I ran all of last year. I got my tires before the premounts came out, but I am running the stock inserts. In our testing, they were the best.

If the race was on pavement, and it was open tires, maybe more testing would be required, but since it is not, don't worry about it!