Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing: CEFX Raceway!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jerrycyrul
OLD MAN !!!! You fart dust !!! Mine still stink !!! Are you calling me out? Maybe we can convince Josh to make a DUST only pit area and we"ll show em how its done.

PS. Hope he puts us where its warm and not out in the parking lot........lol
He lives on!! Jerry! Jerry! (Springer chant echoes)

Josh man........ new track sounds dialed. Makes me want to move back to Michigan since there are ZERO rug tracks down in the sunshine state. I know it will work out nice for you. Peace bro.

Jeff
Old 12-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Jeff you don't miss the cold and snow do you ? It's snowing now. 6-10 inches.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
Jeff you don't miss the cold and snow do you ? It's snowing now. 6-10 inches.
NICE! I never really minded the snow.......... I just wanted to race. It is nice though to go to work year around in shorts and t-shirts haha.

Jeff
Old 12-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey everyone!!

The back part is nearly completely painted!! Only a little bit to touch up and finish and that major part is done!! Tommorow we should be finishing things up and starting painting up front. That should leave only a small amount left for Saturday.

Saturday will be a big moving day as Angel's dad has torn down nearly everything from the old place. Just needs minor disassembly and loading up into to move it. Hopefully, that can all be done on Saturday leaving possibly Sat night/Sunday for starting to set-up the hobby shop and rolling out the carpet!!

If anyone wants to stop by tommorow we will be there pretty much all day (9am- at least 7pm). I will check with Angel on the plans for Saturday and I will post everything tommorow. Possibly, Angel will be up at CEFX in the morning so the painting can be finished and I will be down at Halo to start loading things in the truck. I'll post times tommorow so if anyone wants to give me a hand down in Toledo, you will know what time to be there!!

Now, for the questions:

For now, the tables will be the same size as will the track. Later on though, we reserve the right to increase the track and/or tables as money permits us to build new ones!!

As for the question on the first race - We are still thinking around the New Year's Eve but, if all goes well and we have enough help then maybe we can get the track open for practice next week and the week between Christmas and New Years. Right now, we are shooting for the first race to be New Year's Eve but maybe we can arrange for a week day race since between the holidays.

Now, as far as the "dust" section. That is possible. We'll make it close to the front so it's not such a long walk while bringing the gear in!

Thanks for the words everyone! I'll post some pics as soon as we get a bit more finished up!

Later!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mrodney
Hey josh. Great news about your track location. The question I have for you is this. At your new track will you allow us to run a class of rubber tire, there are a few of us who really want to run this class, and maybe other classes like mini coopers or f1. If there are enough of us to have a class on race days will you allow us to run a rubber tire class.

I would really love to run rubber over foams. I'll be racing at CEFX either way! Congrats on the new place!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Josh- Congrats and good luck with your venture!
Old 12-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Josh - Good luck with the new venture! I know it will be even better than Halo. Happy holidays to you and your family!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

I guess we'll have to have a "dust" off. LMAO
SeeYa there after Christmas, I might even hang around for a couple weeks. I'll be up this weekend for the birthday's.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:38 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Congrats on the new track Josh, wish it was somewhere near me so I could come out and race!

Enjoy all the work
Old 12-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

So, what's the latest news?
Old 12-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Josh-Congrats on the move. I just have one question??? Will there be a cutout in the back wall so that tires may find their way out to the parking lot and onto some poor unsuspecting kids head? LMAO!!!

Best of luck and happy holidays to you, Angel and the baby!!!

Butter

CEFX Raceway...Home of the 2006 Tire Toss Nationals!
Old 12-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
So, what's the latest news?
Josh is without internet access for a day or so, so give him a little bit to respond.

I saw the carpet unrolled and the drivers stand is build and the "disco booth" is put back together. A bunch of pit tables are put together also.

Still needs some tlc to do the finishing touches.

Tim
Old 12-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cool, I guess I should bring some toys with me, to come and play. If for no other reason than to aggitate the OLD man. LMAO!!
Old 12-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jerrycyrul
OLD MAN !!!! You fart dust !!! Mine still stink !!! Are you calling me out? Maybe we can convince Josh to make a DUST only pit area and we"ll show em how its done.

PS. Hope he puts us where its warm and not out in the parking lot........lol

Hey Josh, put the "DUST" area close to a door so that EMS people won't have to go far with the stretcher.

Barry Z.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
Hey Josh, put the "DUST" area close to a door so that EMS people won't have to go far with the stretcher.

Barry Z.
WOW, I thought you were.... playing with planes or boats or something????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.