Search

Fastlap Hobbies SLO, racing schedule

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Must be why they are in all cell phones, digital cameras, and newer laptops

Lessons from the Luddites
By KIRKPATRICK SALE

Technologies are never neutral, and some are hurtful.
Industrialism is always a cataclysmic process, destroying the past, roiling the present, making the future uncertain.
"Only a people serving an apprenticeship to nature can be trusted with machines."
The nation-state, synergistically intertwined with industrialism, will always come to its aid and defense, making revolt futile and reform ineffectual.
But resistance to the industrial system, based on some grasp of moral principles and rooted in some sense of moral revulsion, is not only possible but necessary.
Politically, resistance to industrialism must force the viability of industrial society into public consciousness and debate.
What purpose does this machine serve?
What problem has become so great that it needs this solution?
Is this invention nothing but, as Thoreau put it, an improved means to an unimproved end?
Who are the winners?
Who are the losers?
Will this invention concentrate or disperse power, encourage or discourage self worth?
Can society at large afford it?
Can the biosphere?
Philosophically, resistance to industrialism must be embedded in an analysis--an ideology, perhaps--that is morally informed, carefully articulated and widely shared.
Anthropocentrism must be opposed by the principle of biocentrism and the spiritual identification of the human with all living species and systems.
Globalism must be opposed by the empowerment of the coherent bioregion and small community.
Industrial capitalism must be opposed by an ecological and sustainable economy built upon accommodation and commitment to the earth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tunnelhead
Mike I am still interested in the car. White with maybe a flouresent orange stripe around the bottom of the body and wing. Just like the Comptech's IMSA GTP Lights car back in the early 90's. If not that, maybe some flames, fades and ghost graffixs. Just kiddin. Keep it simple. Plain white would be just fine! Hope to see you guys again soon. At your track, that is. Any questions just give me a call at the shop. 805-544-7223

www.fastlapslo.com

I got it all painted up and together ready to race,I will see you Saturday mornin!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ducati-Rider
Must be why they are in all cell phones, digital cameras, and newer laptops

Lessons from the Luddites
By KIRKPATRICK SALE

Technologies are never neutral, and some are hurtful.
Industrialism is always a cataclysmic process, destroying the past, roiling the present, making the future uncertain.
"Only a people serving an apprenticeship to nature can be trusted with machines."
The nation-state, synergistically intertwined with industrialism, will always come to its aid and defense, making revolt futile and reform ineffectual.
But resistance to the industrial system, based on some grasp of moral principles and rooted in some sense of moral revulsion, is not only possible but necessary.
Politically, resistance to industrialism must force the viability of industrial society into public consciousness and debate.
What purpose does this machine serve?
What problem has become so great that it needs this solution?
Is this invention nothing but, as Thoreau put it, an improved means to an unimproved end?
Who are the winners?
Who are the losers?
Will this invention concentrate or disperse power, encourage or discourage self worth?
Can society at large afford it?
Can the biosphere?
Philosophically, resistance to industrialism must be embedded in an analysis--an ideology, perhaps--that is morally informed, carefully articulated and widely shared.
Anthropocentrism must be opposed by the principle of biocentrism and the spiritual identification of the human with all living species and systems.
Globalism must be opposed by the empowerment of the coherent bioregion and small community.
Industrial capitalism must be opposed by an ecological and sustainable economy built upon accommodation and commitment to the earth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im pretty sure that most OEM phone, laptop and digi cams are using lithium-ion
I maybe mistaken, but my laptop, camera and phone are all using Lithium ion a totally different battery. Regrdless the Statistics speak for themselves, and until they figure those batteries out, I dont want them in or near my house!!!!!

Last edited by mikus; 02-10-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Yes Sir, Gee-dub among some other cool new stuff !!!!!

Hope to see you this weekend.

where oh where is that B. Webster guy????
Old 02-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Is the track layout going to be the same for onroad tomorrow as it was the last race and has anything been done about those black pipes?
Old 02-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

The black pipes aren't bad if you STAY OFF of them. (The pipes are fine from where I will be Sunday ) Good luck tomorrow and wish I could have made it. Oval today was fun just not the same as turning both ways. Thanks to JOE and Crew for job well done.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shopkeeper
Is the track layout going to be the same for onroad tomorrow as it was the last race and has anything been done about those black pipes?
i asked mark last night. same layout, same pipes as last time for sunday.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think Chris was going to wrap the black pipes w/ colored duct tape to soften them up and make them a little more visible., plus the ends of the track were moved in about 5 feet.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

A long weekend of racing Sat & Sun. Thank you all for your support. We know we have a problem with the black pipe. That will be dealt with before the 26th. We've got some good ideas we will explore or we wiil just use the road rails for the transition areas. For the 26th we'll break up the outside oval for the road course. I apologize for those of you that the pipes made expensive. That isn't my goal at all as a shop owner. I hope you know that. We will fix it!!!
That being said I had a great weekend of racing. I thank Joe & Bryan for providing some oval cars for us to race. They are fun!! Thanks to all that help us set up and break down.

Chris
Old 02-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I would like to thank Joe and Bryan for letting me race their oval cars Saturday and Sunday. That was some awsome racing! Now if I can only sell my Losi AD2, so I can purchase a L4.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Bryan & Mark are on the mission of developing a much better transition peices. NO MORE BLACK PIPE, BAD PIPE!!!
Were learning.

Thanks again,

Chris
Old 02-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

just bumping to the top

www.fastlapslo.com[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Old 02-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Glad we are NOT racing THIS weekend...LOOKS like it's going to be freakin COLD~

Unlike the perfect SUMMER Like weather last weekend...
Old 02-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Default L3 Body Posts

Joe

How do you deal with the body posts on an L3 - there aren't any
holes in the posts except at the top.

I was thinking of getting some tight washers and using fuel line
as a friction stopper on the posts - or worst case drilling cross holes.

Who makes bling bling for associated pan cars? - Alum parts

thanks
bill
Old 02-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Bling for L3 - L4's.

CRC , IRS are a couple who make some Bling stuff. Both have aluminum and anodized stuff.

As for the mounts, when I use the associated mounts I just drill a hole where needed. Mostly I don't use the stock mounts. I use HPI's mounts on the rear a lot. They are really TOO soft, but they have a dozen holes so they are easy to adjust. I have a piece of lexan bent and drilled to slide over my mounts to act as a stiffener.

Beefy products makes a rigid mount, so does a company called Darkside motorsports. I think Beefy also has an adjustable Aluminum mount.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.