Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Snowbirds Warm-up Hamilton Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 05:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow Snowbirds Warm-up Hamilton Ohio

Ultra Racing will be hosting a Winter Challenge oval race November 21st thru 24th. Six Classes:
10th Scale 4 Cell Stock
10th Scale 4 Cell 19 turn
10th Scale 4 Cell Mod
12th Scale 4 cell 19 turn
Bolink Ledgends
Sedan 6 Cell Stock

Thursday - Open Practice
Friday- Controled Practice
Saturday - Qualifing
Sunday - Last Chance Qualifer and Mains

The track streches over 100 feet from corner to corner and we will be using the latest AMB system so personal transponders are allowed.

Visit our website http://www.ultraracing.com to down load a PDF version of the Flyer and sign up sheet. Cost is $40 a class after November 14th but you can preregister to save big bucks now.

Prizes from Associated, Kimbrough , BSR, MSA, Hyperdrive, Bullet Motor Sports and many more.
Old 11-04-2002, 06:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Post More Info

After some deliberation we have decided that the 19 turn class will not be limited to ARCOR specs but will also include C1 and C2 motors. The reason for the change is that these motors will be legal at the Snowbirds so we need to use them at the warm ups.

Also it will be nice to see how these two types of motors stack up once and for all. I know John Foister has some really really fast ARCOR 19 turns...not sure those C2s can keep up!

Ed

Last edited by UltraEd; 11-04-2002 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up Places to Stay

I am still working on some special rates but here is what I have so far. All Room Rates are for Doubles and do not include tax.

Less than 5 Minutes from the Track:

Econo Lodge
4670 Dixie Hwy
Fairfield Ohio 45014
513-829-7000
www.econolodge.com
$49.00 a night.
An older motel under new management. Might not be the best but is the cheapest.

About 10 minutes from the track:

Lee's Inn
11967 Chase Plaza
Forest Park Ohio 45240
513-825-9600
1-800-SEE-LEES
www.leesinn.com/cincinnati.htm
$79.00 a night.
Discounts for AAA and AARP (For those Old Racers)

Holiday Inn Express
6755 Fairfield Business Park Dr.
Fairfield Ohio 45014
1-800-HOLIDAY
www.sixcontinentshotels.com
$89.00 a night
Old 11-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Post More Info

Just wanted to thank all the out of town folks that made the trip over this weekend. We had a blast! The results from the weekend are posted on our site now.

After talking to some of the racers I thought I would give you a little outline for how the week of the race will go. Monday and Tuesday we plan to tear down the two tracks, move the driver stand and set up the larger oval. Hopefully we will have the new track functioning by Wednesday mid-day. Wednesday night I am going to run a club race, Including our local Spec Class, Trucks and Legends. Anyone wanting to race is welcome. Thursday will be open practice all day till 9PM closing time. Friday morning more open practice and mid-day I will start controlled practice and run till about 10 or 11PM depending on the crowd. Saturday and Sunday we race.

If anyone has questions please just call the shop.

Ed
Old 11-14-2002, 09:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Post Class Rules

3300's legal in all classes. All commercially made tire traction legal.

LEGENDS RULES: Arcor

All current Legends Rules as supplied with the Legend kits shall apply with the exception of: Wire tie rods may be replaced with ball caps and turn buckles. Axle bearings may be used to replace the axle bushings. NO other changes to the rules will be allowed. All Legend Classes will run 4 Cell Legend Spec Packs and the Legend/Street Spec Motor.

1/10 Scale Rules: Arcor Amended by Me

1. RACE LENGTH: All electric races will be 4 minute Qualifiers and 4 minute Mains.

2. CHASSIS: Chassis will be of pan car configuration. Limited slip differential with a solid rear axle. No independent rear suspension. T-Bar or pivot design not to exceed 3 shock system. Dynamic style front end. No front shocks. Right rear drive only. Wheel Base: Minimum 9", maximum 11" Width: Minimum 7 ¼", maximum width 9 ½" Chassis length: Maximum of 15" including bumper.

3. WEIGHT: 38 ozs Including Transponders (Personal or House).

4. BODY: Only NASCAR Stock car bodies may be used. All bodies must be 1998 or newer. Windows must be clear with the exception of the upper portion of the windshield. This may be tinted (sun shield). All bodies must be easily removed for tech, but must be securely mounted for competition. No body may be reformed from its original configuration. (example: flaring fender openings). Rear of the body may be cut out. Length: Minimum 16", maximum 18" Width: Maximum 10"

5. HEIGHT: Carpet: Minimum height 4 ¼" from the highest point of the roof panel to the racing surface. Chassis Clearance: 1/8th Inch.

6. WHEEL DIAMETER: Minimum 1.625 inches. Maximum 2"

7. WING: Wings may be mounted to the body or the chassis. No wing may touch any portion of the body. Wings must remain clear. Wings may be mounted with any material, but this material must not assist the wing in aerodynamics. Maximum dimensions: Width 9", length 3 ¼". Side dams on wings: Maximum 3 ¼" X 2"

8. SPOILER: Maximum height of 2" including the molded in body spoiler. Not to exceed the width of the molded in spoiler. If a wing is used in conjunction with the spoiler, maximum height is ¾" including molded in body spoiler. Measurement is from the highest portion of the rear deck. Spoilers are not allowed on the front. Cutting out the rear of the body is allowed leaving a minimum border if .125" (1/8th inch) left and right rear. Rear of body may only be trimmed to the lowest part of the molded in spoiler.

1/12th Scale Rules: Arcor amended by me

RACE LENGTH: All 1/12th Scale classes will run 5 minute Qualifiers and Mains.

1. CHASSIS: Chassis will be of a pan car configuration. Limited slip differential with a solid rear axle. No independent rear suspension. T-Bar or pivot design, not to exceed a three shock system. Dynamic style front end. No front shocks. Right rear drive only. Wheel Base: Minimum 7 ¼", Maximum 9 ¼" Width: Minimum 5 ¼". Maximum 6 ¾"

2. WEIGHT: 28 ozs including transponders

3. BODY: Only NASCAR Stock car bodies may be used . All bodies must be 1998 or newer. Windows must be clear with the exception of the upper portion of the windshield. This may be tinted (sun shield). All bodies must be easily removed for tech, but must be securely mounted for competition. No body may be reformed from its original configuration. (example: flaring fender openings). Rear of the body may be cut out. Length: Minimum 14". Maximum 15" Width: 7"

4. RIDE HEIGHT: 1/8th Inch.

5. WHEEL DIAMETER: Minimum 1.3" Maximum 1 ½"

6. WING: Wings may be mounted to the body or the chassis. No wing may touch any portion of the body. Wings must remain clear. Wings may be mounted with any material, but this material may not assist the wing aerodynamics. Maximum dimensions: Width 6 ¾", length 2". Side dams on wings: Maximum 2 ½" X 2"

7. SPOILER: Maximum height of ½" including the molded in body spoiler. Measurement from the highest portion of the rear deck. Cutting out the rear of the body is allowed leaving a minimum border if .125" (1/8th inch) left and right rear. Rear of body may only be trimmed to the lowest part of the molded in spoiler.

4WD SEDAN 6 CELL STOCK OVAL RULES: House Rules

RACE LENGTH: All electric races will be 4 minute Qualifiers and 4 minute Mains.

1. CHASSIS: Any 4wd belt or shaft driven chassis . 4wd must be engaged at all times. Width: Maximum 190mm

2. WEIGHT: 50 ozs including transponders.

3. BODY: Only Stock car bodies may be used . All bodies must be 1998 or newer. Windows must be clear with the exception of the upper portion of the windshield. This may be tinted (sun shield). All bodies must be easily removed for tech, but must be securely mounted for competition. No body may be reformed from its original configuration. (example: flaring fender openings). Rear of the body may be cut out.

4. RIDE HEIGHT: 1/8th Inch.

5. WHEEL DIAMETER: Any Wheel and Tire (Foam or Rubber).

6. WING: NO WINGS ALLOWED.

7. SPOILER: Maximum height of 1" including the molded in body spoiler. Measurement from the highest portion of the rear deck.

I reserve the right to change the rules at any time if I believe it will benifit the fun and fairness of the event...and just because I can!
Old 11-14-2002, 09:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool 19 Turn Issues

When I originally set this race up I wanted to support ARCOR in its efforts as a new oval body. While the race will not be an official ARCOR race I wanted to introduce the bulk of the rules to my racers and those that might race with us. As it turned out we where having some problems getting the ARCOR motors and it was pointed out C2s where the motor this year for the Snowbirds. I decided to include this motor in the class as well to give the racers more options (incase arcor motors where still hard to find at race time) and also let the racers tune on the motor they would be using down south.

Some of the racers have expressed concern because the Arcor motors (especially the swiss cheese drilled versions which are legal till Jan 1st I beleive) seem to have more get up and go than the C2s. Everyone has a view point on what we should allow and should not. What motor we should use for the class. All of them are valid. The catch is we just happen to be in a state of transition as far as motor choice and the whole drilling issue has added to the stress.

Let me say regardless of what motor you want to run the most important thing is to have fun and race. I think we can solve this issue to the satisfaction of most everyone. All you need to do is show up ready with the motor you want to run.

I will be talking to all the 19 turn racers in a drivers meeting before the race begins. I will get a handle on how many people want to run ARCORs and how many C2s, and also if they would rather have two classes or one. Depending on Numbers and what the bulk of the drivers want we will run it as one or two classes.

See you in a week or so...

Ed
Old 11-14-2002, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

If only I raced oval!
Old 11-23-2002, 09:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Post Day 1 Qualifing!

With 4 rounds of qualifing down and two and the mains to go in the morning here are top ten in each class:

Legends:
Chuck Pfahler
Tom Friesz
Larry Brown
Joe Schablein

1/10th 4cell Stock:
Bill Malicoat
Tim Dilg
Bob Hendry
Brent Lane
John Landers
Andy Stotts
Doug Brock
Dusty Kemp
Joel Biro
Gary Thomas

1/10th 4Cell 19T:
Rick Talbot
John Foister
John Zubak
Brent Lane
Dusty Dean
Mike Ulbrik
Cory Heft
Chris Rhinehart
Bill Malicoat
Bill Sullivan

1/10th 4cell Mod:
Steve Miller
Danny Bartholowmew
Chris Dosek
Mario Marsilio
Richie King
Dominic Reese
Frank Ulbrik
Steve Wallace
Danny D
Eli Ezrow

1/12th Mod:
Kevin Koback
Sonny Brown
David Whitesel
John Foister
Jim Alexander
Eli Ezrow
Ed Lyon

I will post complete results and pictures tomorrow night.

Ed