Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree125Likes

CTS - California Touring Series

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

This will be the 3rd Season for the USVTA F1 Rules.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The premier on-road races in the US use 25.5 (ROAR spec) for F1 so it makes some sense that others would take this as the standard. Does anyone use USVTA F1 rules?

Snowbirds
US Indoor
IIC
ROAR Carpet
ROAR Asphalt
MHIC
This will be the third season for USVTA F1 Rules/Guidelines for CTS.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

OK so the USVTA rules are only for F1? The USGT class will use ROAR rules (motor rules in particular)?
Old 01-31-2018, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
OK so the USVTA rules are only for F1? The USGT class will use ROAR rules (motor rules in particular)?
The same motor rules go for USGT at 21.5 with a 1380g minimum weight limit.
Also found on USVTA. We will run 5 minutes quals and mains do to schedule.

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rule...s7-20-2017.pdf
Rick Hohwart likes this.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow -- where's the updates, photos and video from race 1 at the BRAND NEW RISE UP HOBBYTOWN track?
Old 02-10-2018, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

USVTA ran F-1 with 25.5 motors last year at their major events
Old 02-10-2018, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SWTour
Wow -- where's the updates, photos and video from race 1 at the BRAND NEW RISE UP HOBBYTOWN track?
Rise Up HobbyTown :: CTS3 Series Opener :: LiveRC
Old 02-10-2018, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I found RUGSPIN's videos -- will watch to see if he has LIVESTREAM tomorrow
Old 02-11-2018, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
I found RUGSPIN's videos -- will watch to see if he has LIVESTREAM tomorrow
Here's the link to watch live: Rise Up HobbyTown :: Live Scoring and Video :: LiveRC
Old 02-11-2018, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

I'm involved in organising races here in the UK, and I like to keep an eye on what others are doing.

Am I right I saying that this is a 2-day event, but in that time you get just 4 races? Would it not appeal to more racers if they got more racing? Or do you guys prefer an early finish due to the distances people have to drive?

Over here we get 6 races and 8 practices in a 2 day national, with a 110 entry limit.
RoyB likes this.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Last edited by HawaiiBob; 11-03-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by daleburr
I'm involved in organising races here in the UK, and I like to keep an eye on what others are doing.

Am I right I saying that this is a 2-day event, but in that time you get just 4 races? Would it not appeal to more racers if they got more racing? Or do you guys prefer an early finish due to the distances people have to drive?

Over here we get 6 races and 8 practices in a 2 day national, with a 110 entry limit.
I can promise you track time isn’t an issue. Friday was open practice until 8pm. Saturday was open practice until noon. Then one round of qualifying. Then open practice until 6pm. Sunday was open practice from 7-9am. Then 2 qualifiers and mains. I’m sure everyone had more track time than most races offer.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
I can promise you track time isn’t an issue. Friday was open practice until 8pm. Saturday was open practice until noon. Then one round of qualifying. Then open practice until 6pm. Sunday was open practice from 7-9am. Then 2 qualifiers and mains. I’m sure everyone had more track time than most races offer.
I guess my question is more about the split of racing VS practice. Certainly in the past we got this wrong with our UK nationals; we used to only have 3 practice runs, which meant to be competitive you had to attend the track a week or two before to learn the track and get a setup. That made it expensive, so numbers were low. We now have a whole day of practice and the races are full 7 months in advance. People definitely like plenty of practice runs!

Looking in at CTS from the outside I wouldn't want to spend 2-3 days at a track for only 4 actual races (3 quali one main), but CTS have presumably done this for a reason, so that's what I'm trying to understand. Is it a geography thing, or has it just evolved to give people what they want?
Old 02-12-2018, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by daleburr
I guess my question is more about the split of racing VS practice. Certainly in the past we got this wrong with our UK nationals; we used to only have 3 practice runs, which meant to be competitive you had to attend the track a week or two before to learn the track and get a setup. That made it expensive, so numbers were low. We now have a whole day of practice and the races are full 7 months in advance. People definitely like plenty of practice runs!

Looking in at CTS from the outside I wouldn't want to spend 2-3 days at a track for only 4 actual races (3 quali one main), but CTS have presumably done this for a reason, so that's what I'm trying to understand. Is it a geography thing, or has it just evolved to give people what they want?
Sorry I can’t answer your question. Lex is best to answer your question. But the first 2 years of the CTS. Saturday was all day practice. And Sunday was the actual qualifier and mains day. I noticed races were ending pretty late Sunday. So maybe Lex is trying a different format to help racers get home at a decent time. I drove nearly 7 hours each way. Others drove as much as 10 that I know of.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

place looked really nice but those corners on that layout need some help . ouch!
Track-Lyons
KE4PJO, Maxxican and Jack Kloeber like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.