R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum

Old 11-08-2015, 03:59 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default RC Scoring Pro - how to setup heats based on fast practice laps?

Hi there,

I've been race director for about a month now, got the basics down on how to run the lap counter at our local oval club.

However there's one tool that I need help with and that's how to properly set up heats with fast practice lap times.

For some reason, some driver's times didn't even save although they had been out for at least two or three practice runs (no fast laps end up being saved and you see a N/A next to the driver's name when I set up the heats). For other drivers it seems not all their practice runs were saved either, the software seems to miss the last practice laps where the driver actually turned his fastest lap of the whole practice session.

This isn't a transponder issue since we see all the practice times on the screen even for drivers whose fast lap times don't appear on the heat lineup.

I also enter and/or edit drivers and transponder as soon as they arrive at the track.

Is there a setting I need to look after in the software in order to make sure all the fast lap times are accounted for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:42 AM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I will have to check when I get home after work. There should be a button on the heat main setup on the right hand side that lets you do it if I recall correctly. I was looking for something similar and could not find so I emailed Doug and found he had to send me an update to show the button. Email doug at scoring pro and he usually responds fairly quickly.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:07 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Like jmackani stated:
On the 'Heat/Main Setup' tab, lower left of the screen, there is a box with selections for initial Heats: 'Fastest Practice Lap Today'.
I think that is the option you need to set.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:55 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The lap system is one area of the Rc world I really don't mess with... I applaud all the guys that help in this field...
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:40 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I E-mailed Doug, he sent me a link to an upgrade. However I backed off on the install when someone at the track told me about another club who has had problems with the software after they did an upgrade to it.

The button is there allright, on my screen it shows up on the bottom left. I have three options to sort heats, either ramdom, by driver ability, or by fast practice lap times.

I have a feeling that maybe it stops working once I print a heat sheet. I had printed one mid-way through practice. Next time I'll try it again and wait until the very end before printing one, just to see if that helps.