Wiki Posts
Search

Why move all of these threads

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
I know this for a fact. Admins aren't going to split regions that small. The "Northeast" section is gonna include everyone from VA/WV up and to the east. Ya, I know there's a lot of you guys in there with little guy syndrome screaming "what about me" (little humor, relax) but geographically it doesn't make sense to break it down any further.

Whatever we name it all you guys are going to be together just like you were in the racing forum. All but 2 of the threads I moved were from that region. One got moved to Ohio and the other was a Las Vegas track I had to move to the Arizona/New Mexico region because for some odd reason Nevada doesn't have or isn't listed in a region

It's not like I'm busting up the family, you're all moving together
Seriously?!!? Split regions that small??? MANY single states have their own forum?!? We're asking that almost a dozen states be split into two sections?!?

Last edited by hackersmovie; 08-27-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamison R
I 100% agree. You have missed so many tracks in the mid Atlantic region. So now I have to check both areas. Bad move imho
Send me a link to a track that I missed...that's been posted in within the last 6 months.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I never understand a business that does not listen to their customer/user base.

I have some questions about this move.

1. What prompted this move? Were users complaining?
2. Was this discussed with other admins or was this a decision made by a single admin?
3. Why ignore what the user base wants. Or why not take a poll and do what the people who make this website great agree upon?
Old 08-27-2015, 10:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Send me a link to a track that I missed...that's been posted in within the last 6 months.
Quite a few. Not my job to find them for you.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hackersmovie
Seriously?!!? Split regions that small??? MANY single states have their own forum?!? We're asking that that almost a dozen states be split into two sections?!?

Like I said, you were ALL using ONE forum. Now that I've moved you ALL into another forum with a different (not yet determined) name you want it split up. Sorry, that's simply not going to happen. You're all geographically close enough to have one regional forum.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I liked looking at races I possibly could attend out of state or region. The popular ones would always be at the top. Now I have different regions to look through. Bad move rctech admin.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Like I said, you were ALL using ONE forum. Now that I've moved you ALL into another forum with a different (not yet determined) name you want it split up. Sorry, that's simply not going to happen. You're all geographically close enough to have one regional forum.
We were using ONE forum because the proper ones weren't there/available. Had there been a Mid-Atlantic and North East forum to begin with none of this would be an issue.

and you are obviously not from or been to this area. Using your logic, then, Florida, Georgia and Louisiana should all be in the same forum as well. They are all Geographically close enough to each other.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I never understand a business that does not listen to their customer/user base.

I have some questions about this move.

1. What prompted this move? Were users complaining?
2. Was this discussed with other admins or was this a decision made by a single admin?
3. Why ignore what the user base wants. Or why not take a poll and do what the people who make this website great agree upon?
1) A removal of long standing dedicated track threads polluting what is suppose to be a specific, single race forum.

2) Yes it was discussed

3) You never allow the inmates to run the prison, as they say.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thank you for calling your loyal user base Inmates.

Never heard the old adage "customer is always right"

Notice how you dont have one customer saying this was the right move? You know the people that support use and keep this site in business?
Old 08-27-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Hi,

I'm just a little guy from the most posted-in and most-read thread in the "old" 'Racing Forum'.

I am curious as to what happened/changed? Who, Why, and Who and Why?

Many of our guys race nation-wide...

Thanks!

EDIT - ya, I didn't spend any time reading this thread... I stand by my previous questions
Old 08-27-2015, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

As long as I've been using this site, this area has always had long standing track threads. Its not like this is some recent development. And in these threads they always talked about the racing that happens every week. Not like the tracks are talking about underwater basket weaving. It makes it easy to see what the other tracks are up to.

Here's a question. Why does the TCS thread get to stay? Shouldn't they be removed and then have to make new threads for each single specific race? If they get to stay because its a series, then why do they get to stay and the points series we had at my track and our thread gets removed?
Old 08-27-2015, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
As long as I've been using this site, this area has always had long standing track threads. Its not like this is some recent development. And in these threads they always talked about the racing that happens every week. Not like the tracks are talking about underwater basket weaving. It makes it easy to see what the other tracks are up to.

Here's a question. Why does the TCS thread get to stay? Shouldn't they be removed and then have to make new threads for each single specific race? If they get to stay because its a series, then why do they get to stay and the points series we had at my track and our thread gets removed?
I simply haven't moved it yet. And I'm sure there are others that people will point out screaming "what about this one!"
Old 08-27-2015, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Thank you for calling your loyal user base Inmates.

Never heard the old adage "customer is always right"

Notice how you dont have one customer saying this was the right move? You know the people that support use and keep this site in business?
sir,

you call your self a customer, what have you bought from this site, you are a community member. and the term "inmates" is a figure of speach, not a slam....lighten up...

notice how for example in the on road forum there are some races that are allowed, Cleveland, snowbirds, iic etc... this is because big races should have been put in the racing forum...however, Shane, and myself after him allowed marque races to be there....large regional races can be in either the racing forum, or the region the race is held in....

track forums, should be in the regional forums....PERIOD.....this has been something on or radar for a while, it just was looked at today.

you will get used to it, and things will be fine...sorry but its true..

now, as to mid atlantic vs north east forums, i want everyone to have a home....a few years ago, i created a new york forum, i was nearly killed, i mean, those fellas lost it...so, removed it....and vowed to never look at the area again....

i will however create a Northeast Racing forum, along with the leaving the current Mid Atlantic forum...

i will however need a regional moderator.....and takers?

trash away....

Matt
Old 08-27-2015, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I simply haven't moved it yet. And I'm sure there are others that people will point out screaming "what about this one!"
Cool.

TCS should go to California Racers. This can be confirmed by the followers and posters, I'm sure.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2015, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

racer1812 - love the customer service you are providing to your users.. I would get canned at my job if I responded to users with "you'll get used to it" or "you're all moving....."

I haven't been on here in a while, and came back yesterday and now today i find this...

glad to see you are diplomatically dealing with your users - hope you don't work in the customer service industry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.