R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   2016 MOTORAMA US ELECTRIC OFF ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/886774-2016-motorama-us-electric-off-road-championships-presented-scotty-ernst.html)

Scotty Ernst 07-31-2015 02:17 PM

2016 MOTORAMA US ELECTRIC OFF ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Hello everyone,

I know we are a long way away from February 19-21 2016 and the annual Motorama event. 195 days to be exact but I wanted to get the thread started early and get everyone starting to think about next years MR. For those of you who do not know exactly what Motorama is, it is one if not the largest gathering of indoor motorsports racing anywhere in the US, Held at the Farmshow complex in Harrisburg PA. There are many forms of racing and entertainment held at MR including BMX, ATV, Go carts, Battle Bots and of course a whole lot of RC.

There is a great variety of RC at MR including a drift course as well as a crawling/scaler course and 2 race tracks. The 2 tracks consist of a 1/10th Clay track Directed by the one and only Charlie Suangka and a larger dirt track for 1/8th and 4wd SC which I will be directing. These tracks are electric only and make for some great racing. Each track is located in its own area which allow for great spectator viewing and ample amount of pit space to work on your vehicles.

For those of you that joined us last year, you know exactly what MR has become over the past few years and how quickly it sold out last year. That is why I am starting this now to ensure that everyone gets in on their schedule now when registration opens.

REGISTRATION FOR MOTORAMA OPENS ON NOVEMBER 1ST.

WE ARE GOING TO SELL OUT EXTREMELY QUICK SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING US FOR NEXT YEARS MR, I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND REGISTERING ASAP WHEN IT OPENS ON NOV 1. ENTRIES WILL BE CAPPED AGAIN THIS YEAR SO MAKE SURE YOU ENTER AS SOON AS ENTRIES OPEN.

We will be posting a more detailed schedule and event info in the coming months, but I just wanted to remind everyone of the registration date and to make sure you are ready to join us for another great Motorama event.

Dates for next years Motorama are February 19-21 2016. Full event info can be found at www.motoramaevents.com

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

I look forward to seeing all our friends and making many new ones at the 2016 Motorama.

Thanks
Scotty
[email protected]

hanulec 07-31-2015 10:07 PM

Cannot wait to come back for MR

Jack Bonhomme 07-31-2015 10:54 PM

I'm always in for Motorama!

Brian C. 08-01-2015 04:10 AM

Ah man can't wait already!

mxnickj 08-01-2015 10:52 AM

Gotta get my Motorama 2016 fund started now so I'm ready to sign up on November 1st. LOL

Bob Barry 08-01-2015 01:04 PM

yes please guys, when I tell you that it's selling out, don't doubt me. At least 20 friends last year missed out because they didn't believe me.

Adrenaline 08-02-2015 05:09 PM

We will be signing up on November 1. We have gone the last 2 years. The program was ran so well that I can't image not racing this annual event

EricW 08-03-2015 09:57 AM

Good times, good times. Been to MR twice and had a great time. Will definitely be making the trip again.

tom2tone 10-14-2015 08:34 PM

Already booked my hotel room, ordered some tires and now I just gotta register :nod:

rcjunky1 10-17-2015 04:28 AM

I really hope they do something about practice so you don't need to wait 2 hours line all day :( I be going again but doing robot combat this year ;)

sduffy77 10-19-2015 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by rcjunky1 (Post 14227045)
I really hope they do something about practice so you don't need to wait 2 hours line all day :( I be going again but doing robot combat this year ;)

Agreed the wait does suck but I don't know how they can make it any better with the number of entries they get.

goehm 10-19-2015 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by sduffy77 (Post 14229662)
Agreed the wait does suck but I don't know how they can make it any better with the number of entries they get.

Create practice heats and assign 10-12 racers per heat vs. wait in line class sessions. Sort of like qualifiers / mains.

pballer2777 10-19-2015 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by goehm (Post 14230058)
Create practice heats and assign 10-12 racers per heat vs. wait in line class sessions. Sort of like qualifiers / mains.

they've done this in the past and you can actually get more track time with waiting in line. with assigned heats its like running qualifiers so you will get 2 runs for each class. last yr i went out about 4 time in each class.

sduffy77 10-20-2015 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by pballer2777 (Post 14230454)
they've done this in the past and you can actually get more track time with waiting in line. with assigned heats its like running qualifiers so you will get 2 runs for each class. last yr i went out about 4 time in each class.

yeah but it's hard to get a vehicle dialed in with only 16 minutes of practice...

I don't think there is a solution that will make everyone happy

pballer2777 10-20-2015 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by sduffy77 (Post 14230928)
yeah but it's hard to get a vehicle dialed in with only 16 minutes of practice...

I don't think there is a solution that will make everyone happy

I agree but with the amount of racers you have to make the best of it.