Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Critters March Cabin Fever - Trophy Race - March 15th 2015 >

Critters March Cabin Fever - Trophy Race - March 15th 2015

Critters March Cabin Fever - Trophy Race - March 15th 2015

Old 03-16-2015, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Great day of racing yesterday. You guys run a smooth and quick program. Track layout was awesome, and traction was perfect all day. Thanks again to Aldo, Ritchie, Rich Ford and everyone else who made it all happen. It felt good being back on the track after a few years away. Looks like I'm making a comeback...lol. Thanks again everyone. I had a blast.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:38 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

Great day of Racing.....whomever stayed home missed a classic....Everyone had a great time...no complaints , no controversy in tech, no rough driving ( i missed that part, so i made up for it with Toby in 4wd sc main, video highlights im sure will arrive with slo-mo action).

Thanks to Rich Ford and Toby for rockin the mic all day and keeping the program moving along, and to of course Aldo and Richie for providing a top notch track and well stocked hobby shop.

now onto the racing action:

Sportsman A main action- pressure for the boys as Emma Barbara showed the rest of the pack how its done with a solid victory...great job by all the sportsman drivers.

in qualifying the ever so consistant Steve Maizer was confident that 2wd buggy would be a walk in the park. But TJ Eller would have no part of it and claimed the lion's share of tq certificates in both 2 and 4 wd mod buggy. qualifying was fast and furious as local heroes Ken Lee and Toby Hamson would push that extra bit just to keep up with the top two runners. in 2wd mod buggy a main action it was the TJ and Steve show. In the end Steve Maizer edged out the victory over the hard charging TJ Eller with Toby and , what? yours truly taking in the fourth spot beating Ken Lee? wow things can happen in an a main.....great run by everyone.

4wd mod buggy would prove to be another thriller as TJ Eller showed everyone why he was tq and ran a fantastic main with Steve Maizer and Frank De pasquale taking in the top spots over the real quick Toby Hamson and that unstoppable durango dex 410v4 (lack of parts will never keep that buggy out of the A main). Exciting main for sure.

2wd stock buggy, very large class, hosted a top level of competition for all. in A main action Steve Maizer was hunting down another victory for the schumacher camp, but Brad Ludwig would have none of that, redeeming himself for not being tq for the event and pulling out the victory in a close battle with Jake Eby and Jimmy Furfaro (fastest 2wd buggy i've ever seen) bringing in the pack.

2wd sc mod action was spectacular as Ian Kiss showed Rich Ford and Uncle Tony how its done in sc, even with someone else's truck.... Tony's truck looked much better in the main with some slight suspension adjustment recommendations from a famliy member......great run guys...

4wd mod sc....well, i have to say...Toby's Durango is on rails-Vin Manchanda was very quick too- and Rich Ford earned a well deserved third place finish,,,we wont discuss who lead the first two laps of the main...........still was a classic.

2wd mod truck action , full field of excitement, excellent start by Frank DePasquale, and well, the rest the main was anyone's race for survival...fun to watch though. .in the end, it was Jagdiel Vega bringing home the prize with rubin caban and erik salgado(aka Steve Charles) in third place...fun main to watch....great action.

looking forward to more racing at Critters Raceway, so bring em out.......

Last edited by dominick i.; 03-16-2015 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dominick i.
Great day of Racing.....whomever stayed home missed a classic....Everyone had a great time...no complaints , no controversy in tech, no rough driving ( i missed that part, so i made up for it with Toby in 4wd sc main, video highlights im sure will arrive with slo-mo action).

Thanks to Rich Ford and Toby for rockin the mic all day and keeping the program moving along, and to of course Aldo and Richie for providing a top notch track and well stocked hobby shop.

now onto the racing action:

Sportsman A main action- pressure for the boys as Emma Barbara showed the rest of the pack how its done with a solid victory...great job by all the sportsman drivers.

in qualifying the ever so consistant Steve Maizer was confident that 2wd buggy would be a walk in the park. But TJ Eller would have no part of it and claimed the lion's share of tq certificates in both 2 and 4 wd mod buggy. qualifying was fast and furious as local heroes Ken Lee and Toby Hamson would push that extra bit just to keep up with the top two runners. in 2wd mod buggy a main action it was the TJ and Steve show. In the end Steve Maizer edged out the victory over the hard charging TJ Eller with Toby and , what? yours truly taking in the fourth spot beating Ken Lee? wow things can happen in an a main.....great run by everyone.

4wd mod buggy would prove to be another thriller as TJ Eller showed everyone why he was tq and ran a fantastic main with Steve Maizer and Frank De pasquale taking in the top spots over the real quick Toby Hamson and that unstoppable durango dex 410v4 (lack of parts will never keep that buggy out of the A main). Exciting main for sure.

2wd stock buggy, very large class, hosted a top level of competition for all. in A main action Steve Maizer was hunting down another victory for the schumacher camp, but Brad Ludwig would have none of that, redeeming himself for not being tq for the event and pulling out the victory in a close battle with Jake Eby and Jimmy Furfaro (fastest 2wd buggy i've ever seen) bringing in the pack.

2wd sc mod action was spectacular as Ian Kiss showed Rich Ford and Uncle Tony how its done in sc, even with someone else's truck.... Tony's truck looked much better in the main with some slight suspension adjustment recommendations from a famliy member......great run guys...

4wd mod sc....well, i have to say...Toby's Durango is on rails-Vin Manchanda was very quick too- and Rich Ford earned a well deserved third place finish,,,we wont discuss who lead the first two laps of the main...........still was a classic.

2wd mod truck action , full field of excitement, excellent start by Frank DePasquale, and well, the rest the main was anyone's race for survival...fun to watch though. .in the end, it was Jagdiel Vega bringing home the prize with rubin caban and erik salgado(aka Steve Charles) in third place...fun main to watch....great action.

looking forward to more racing at Critters Raceway, so bring em out.......
Great write up Dom. Had a blast. I struggled a little in the qualifiers in 4WD SCT but made up for it in the main. Been really happy with the Durango. 2WD SCT was a last minute decision, I actually put the truck together Sat. night at the shop with a leftover motor that I hate and stole the ESC our of my touring car, but the truck felt pretty dialed right where it was.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great recap Uncle Dom ,it was nice to see a seasoned veteran such as yourself racing with us yesterday. it was a great turn out, lots of fun racing , some of us have seen better days but in the end a great time was had buy all. uncle Dom your , 4X4 was scary fast down that straight away. thanks for the little tip on my 2wd SC . Aldo , Rich and the Critter crew , great job as always.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default fun day sunday

I had a blast, competition was great, clean driving by almost everyone in my races. Great job on the new layout guys.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:32 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

pizza was great at lunch...i used my trusty italian loan calculation formula for the $9.00 Ken Lee owes me:

CALCULATION RESULTS

The calculation results for the loan calculator appear below. Please note that interest is calculated on a monthly basis.
Initial deposit:$0.00
Loan payments:$36.00
Balloon payment at end:$9.00
Total payable:$45.00

12 monthly payments of:$3.00
Total interest:$36.00
Start date: March 16, 2015
End date: March 16, 2016Loan amount: $9.00
Extra fees: $0.00
Interest Rate: 400%
Effective Annual Rate: 3056.93%
Old 03-16-2015, 01:38 PM