Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Old school RC Tracks...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Glad to hear somebody remembers the old Antioch RC Raceway. Home of the 1988 ROAR Nats. 608 entries. That was before there were trucks. Just stock and mod buggies. Gil Losi ran the prototype JRX2 and just lost to Cliff Lett. I really miss that place. It was like one big family. Wednesday nights we would get 75 buggies and not get done until 1am. I have raced a lot of places since Antioch and nowhwere has it been the same. Owner was Jack Hanson. It has been gone for years. There are homes build there now. Ahh... memories!
Old 12-07-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tag
hum..like me think, anyone remember mile squarepark in westminister?, huge track perfect for 1/8 buggies back in the days..also californiarc center somewhere in orange county i forgot the name of the city, yeh those were the good ol'days
Yup, huge and great offroad track.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rto997
CalRC in Anahiem??
Massies in the San Gabriel Valley
hobby Masters in Rowland Heights

Also there was Ultimate Hobbies with the track at the park behind the shopping center, then they started racing behind the Walmart with Charlie Suanka!! That was a great program!!
Ultimate did have a nice track back there. Coincidently that is where Bending Corners Raceway is now. Not the exact location but very close. Check out the website at www.bcraceway.com .
Old 12-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wild gopher
I started racing RC at AJB in Covina, Ca. It was behind the burger king off vincent and san bernardino.
Me too...with my Kyosho Ultima Pro XL and Sanyo 1200MaH batteries. There was also a mexican restaurant next to it that had a walk-up window that i'd get burritos at inbetween heats. Good times.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
Ascot R/C Raceway in Gardena,CA
and
One Stop Raceway in Los Alamitos, CA
were where it started for me.

Ascot... hahh.. where I had a rc10 chain drive 2wd conversion running dirt oval. Heck I think I even have a BETA video my dad took of me doing dirt oval in novice... HAHAHA. I loved the "standing pits" to the right of the track.

Hmm.. my only memories were the "gold dust twins" who had JG Truck bodies on thier JRX-T's who always ran against the customwork wedges...

ahhh... the memories.

Last edited by RCMits; 12-08-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default One Stop

One Stop Hobbies in Los Alamitos California. I ran gearbox oval stock which was an RC10 gold tub with a graphite chassis on foam tires. I remember staying up all night filing down all the gears in the gearbox. The track was just like Socals bullring but we drove in circles except for the Iroc series.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gee-dub
in nocal ran at hobby haven (indoor offroad), as well as another one in milpitas (do not recall the name).
Originally Posted by AZDemille
Glad to hear somebody remembers the old Antioch RC Raceway. Home of the 1988 ROAR Nats. 608 entries. That was before there were trucks. Just stock and mod buggies. Gil Losi ran the prototype JRX2 and just lost to Cliff Lett. I really miss that place. It was like one big family. Wednesday nights we would get 75 buggies and not get done until 1am. I have raced a lot of places since Antioch and nowhwere has it been the same. Owner was Jack Hanson. It has been gone for years. There are homes build there now. Ahh... memories!
haha... I found this thread via a google search, looking for tracks near antioch LOL! I even posted in this thread about Antioch RC Raceway 5 years ago

I raced at Hobby Haven in Livermore and RC City in Milpitas too! Hobby Haven was offroad only, but the track in Milpitas was a dirt oval, then when new owners took over it switched over to offroad only. I remember seeing Jimmy Jacobson win there all the time before he ran for Associated.

I was at the 1988 ROAR Nats at Antioch! I had just started racing and came out to watch. In fact, I think that's still the biggest race I've ever seen to this day! I remember seeing this little kid race there that was as fast as the pros named JD Beckwith Mike Swauger started racing at the original Antioch RC track too
Old 10-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I never raced there but I remember seeing magazine articles 12 years ago about the Insane Speed Runs being done at the "Thunderdome." Anyone remeber that? I don't even know where it was but I remember reading about speed runs in the 80mph range with brushless motors back then.
The ORIGINAL RCThunderdromes were done at the Bicycle Velodrome in ENCINO CA. They were moved to the VELODROME at Cal-State Dominguez Hills in CARSON in 91 or 92. RCThunderdrome ended many years ago, but for several years we still ran at the Dominguez Hills track (Man was that place awesome) and we also went back to racing at the ENCINO track, and still race there. (actually had a race there last weekend)

NOW - Everyone is running BRUSHLESS motors on the 'drome. How things have changed.

The track in Dominguez Hills was torn down to build a SOCCER Field for the L.A. Galaxy.

MITS, I hope you get to get YOUR car out here SOMEDAY
Old 10-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Ultimate did have a nice track back there. Coincidently that is where Bending Corners Raceway is now. Not the exact location but very close. Check out the website at www.bcraceway.com .
I thought the BCR track WAS the old track... hmmmm
Old 10-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

WOW - my eyesight is SOOO bad, I didn't even see the dates on some of these posts...

TALK about waking up the DEAD
Old 10-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Best tracks for sure .. Ranch .. BreakAway .. M&M raceway .. Best memories and Racing in offroad ..
Old 10-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Anybody have any pictures from the Ranch Pit Shop?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

spearmint rhino in the city of industry.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pekpekmaster
spearmint rhino in the city of industry.
I like your screen name name, Ha!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EEChris
I like your screen name name, Ha!
Ng Libog Nyo!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.