Community
Wiki Posts
Search

socal racway,,, mod truck class

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Default socal racway,,, mod truck class

is there enough ppl interested in getting a mod truck class started at socal.. seems that the buggies are the only thing that share this class and i for one would like to participate in a mod class for trucks or like an open class,, i have a brushless motor set up and would like to put my money to work,,

what do you guys think,, i guess all we need is 4 guys..
Old 09-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

after a while, i may get a mod motor for my t4, but for right now, i just want to get fast with stock...
Old 09-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

well i will keep bumpning this,, hopefully enough ppl will see it and take note..
Old 09-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

jae-

There is definitely in interest in some mod truck down there. I'm willing to run mod truck with you...its a lot of fun. Unfortunately I won't be racing down there until after stock nats. Keep asking though, as Reedy Truck race is coming up and you should be able to get a good group of people together.

BTW- to anyone concerned about running mod truck because of the "mod factor" keep in mind that mod truck is incredibly stable compared to mod buggy. Its almost the equivalent of running stock buggy at socal.

I hope this works out for you...mod truck is dialed.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

cool.. i will keep asking around,, and maybe hopefully we can get enough ppl to have fun with,,, and i have seen the stock buggies and they are extremely fast,, not like the trucks,, i thought the buggy was a mod until i asked... and then seeing the mod buggies,, oh my gawd,, those things are insane... i doubt if i can do the lap times that they are doing,, but it will still be fun to race my brushless finally
Old 10-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

still trying to keep this alive,, if anyone is interested..
Old 10-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

Eventually I would like to run mod truck, I have been trying to run stock truck on Sundays. I am just coming back to offroad, and it has been years. So give me some time to get acclimated to offroad once again!!
Old 10-04-2005, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rto997
Eventually I would like to run mod truck, I have been trying to run stock truck on Sundays. I am just coming back to offroad, and it has been years. So give me some time to get acclimated to offroad once again!!
well i know this guy who has the same story... raced his first race about a month ago and was immediately bumped to intermediate class.. and he told me it had been years since he raced... so anything is possible,,,

im trying to race myself,, only raced once,, but the stock class even though you need a ton of finese with the stock motor,, it is still slow.. but also fun to drive as far as finding the fastest line..
Old 10-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

I know what you are saying, I stopped going to socal because they never had a mod truck class. I race at Family Hobbies in San diego, the largest class here is mod truck followed by mod buggy. We hardly ever run stock. If your ever in the area come check out the track. It's small, but always technical. Good people and fast racers.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

[QUOTE=jaejw1 but also fun to drive as far as finding the fastest line..[/QUOTE]

Offroad isn't about the line as much as it is in offroad. You must also learn the timing of when to compress the suspension at the base of the jump then adjust your cars attitude in the air so you can downside the jump and accelerate just at the right time to set-up for the next turn. This is much easier to learn with a stock motor because it's key to making those "go fast." I guarantee I will go faster in my stock struck than with your mod. Not on the straight, but in time and laps completed. If you're a racer you will realize this and get off the mod thing. If you want to go fast just for all out speed sake, then just bash. You're learning curve in mod will be much longer when it comes to racing.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

fluff is absolutely right about the learning curve...and it is important to be a solid stock racer before jumping to mod if you want to improve...but if a mod truck class is what you want, then sign up and go for it. Maybe it will bring the class back from the dead.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
fluff is absolutely right about the learning curve...and it is important to be a solid stock racer before jumping to mod if you want to improve...but if a mod truck class is what you want, then sign up and go for it. Maybe it will bring the class back from the dead.
that is all i want for it,, to bring it back,, i know there are a few guys that run motors other than stock at socal but all they can race is stock,,,

but for sure i have to learn how to drive with more accuracy with the stock motor... never said i didnt,, im stilllearning

but to me stock driving is like school ,,,,learning
while mod driving is just striaght fun balls to the wall excitement..

to me it is more exciting to race stock than watch it---
but it is a blast to watch mod driving,, this is where you see all kinds of midair action..

just my opinion
Old 10-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Sounds to me you should bash instead of race if all you want is "mid air action" .Racers tend to not want to get to high, just high enough to clear the jump.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

well since i dont know how to do it,,, like i have seen others,, it wouldnt hurt to know how to do it incase you need to prevent a tragedy of some sort...

i really dont like bashing,, been there done that,, i just like to see the buggies go fast and would love to see the trucks do the same,, ,, do i think im good enough to race mod,,, hells no,, i would love to try though...

but just for the record,, im all for the stock racing,, now that i just tuned my motors,, and payed ore attention to their details... i cant wait to go back out again and race.. i wonder how much improvement the lil things i have done made
Old 10-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Not too hard.Hit it, When your whole car it level with the landing jump nose down relese gas then adjust as needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.