Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
Bumps and Jumps 2014-2015 Season >

Bumps and Jumps 2014-2015 Season

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 2014-2015 Season

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 04:04 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

All the standard clay tires from Proline, J Concepts and AKA work. We will be getting in the newer 2.4 sized tires as well from all of them as well. Everything is on order and will be showing up in the next couple of weeks.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am getting excited - its almost indoor season!

I do have a couple announcements for the upcoming year - all of which can be found on the web site - and its here with all the dates and specifics http://www.bumpsandjumpsrc.com/2014-...%20program.htm

1. Slash Spec will go back to slash spec and ECX Torment trucks only. Rules are found on the web site. http://www.bumpsandjumpsrc.com/rules.htm

2. We are adding a 17.5 SCT class, since the spec class got so screwed up last year.

3. One of the things I am really hoping to figure out before opening day is the Heat Race Qualify Format. This format would require you to come pull a pill out of a bag for your starting position. so if you pull a 1 you would start on the poll for the first heat, if you pull a 100 you would be last in the last heat. This format is actual racing - you race against the people in your heat - if you win you get 1 point - the next round would be a complete inversion of your previous heat - so you would now start last in the second heat. There is likely to be many ties - they are decided by whoever drew the worst pill -because they had to pass more cars than the other guy. This promotes actual racing instead of the feeling of practicing all day. This format has been successfully used in rc in the past and something I think will grow as time moves along. typically in the larger races cars time trial for the starting position and each heat is a mix of good average and beginning talent. This format will likely seem foreign to some of you at first however it will also give the average racer a chance to beat Alex Miller! The other aspect of this is that it doesn't matter how much the track changes from heat to heat or round to round, as you are only scored points based on how you finished in the heat. This is much more similar to real racing. The only real hold up using this is Doug at RC Scoring to perfect this scenario. However it cant be hard to manually keep track of this also.

4. We are introducing a new winter series - which details can be found on the web site also, and I will create a separate forum for that. I am very excited for this.

I will try and check back here as often as I can - but during the week may be difficult - so I am also asking all of you the racers to help answer questions you know the answers to.

Can't wait for the season to begin!
Old 09-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Also just an update - this summer we brought in 5 new tri-axle loads of clay to allow for jump placement anywhere.
I have spent the week painting the floors, walls, and benches. I went with oil based so hopefully it holds up a bit better. While this is a small request and mostly pertains to the oval crowd please don't stick stickers, battery tape, servo tape or anything else on the walls or benches, I am hoping to only have to paint the floors next year - paint is expensive at about $1500 per season its hard to stomach. Thanks
Old 09-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The PA nitro tour running an offroad race series? This I have to see.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thomas PA
Same clay as last year, so I assume the good tires will still be suburbs, barcodes, handlebars, ions for some people
For anyone interested, I'm trying out Duratrax Persuaders in C4 (Clay) compound this year. The tread pattern on the tires look interesting.
Attached Thumbnails Bumps and Jumps 2014-2015 Season-img_0526%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 09-28-2014, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

***PRACTICE AT DESIGNATED TIMES ONLY! LEAVE TRACK WHEN DIRECTED! GO OUT WITH THE PROPER CLASS! NO EXTRA LAP WHEN YOUR CLASS TIME EXPIRES! FAILURE TO ADHERE TO PRACTICE RULES WILL RESULT IN 5 LAP PENALTY FROM YOUR BEST ROUND OF THE DAY!!! Blue clip rule is in effect!
I'm really happy to see this rule :-D

One question about the off road series... why schedule the first race right before the opening day at Bumps? A lot of guys aren't going to like running there then having to come home and completely change up setup to run at bumps.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

The dates were chosen by what worked for each track the best -it may not work out great for everyone, but I think it will be a very successful series.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

The Series race is going to be awesome. If you want to see where the fast guys are, learn a lot, and just having a great time you will want to check this out. Teaming up with other tracks is just plain awesome and great for the hobby.

You will see lots of fast guys from these three tracks and lots of other racers from other facilities competing in this. Nothing better than getting everyone to team up and travel to help other facilities out. Where expecting big turnouts at these events.

I will be helping Chris as always try to keep up with things on this website or see me Wed and Fri at Bumps and during the winter time I'm their almost every day.

Brian
Old 09-29-2014, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chris mckinney
The dates were chosen by what worked for each track the best -it may not work out great for everyone, but I think it will be a very successful series.
ah ok, I didn't realize McCullough's had an indoor track as well. So it wont be so bad then. Just need to pre-order hall passes from the better halves to do the full weekends
Old 09-29-2014, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

The series sounds awesome. Is there going to be a roar series this year too?
Old 09-29-2014, 01:40 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Chr1s
To my knowledge we did this series instead. One nice thing is the entry fee pricing for a 2 day even is pretty cheap when compared to other events and that is what makes this series a little unique. Also 3 different race surfaces to run on as well and tire combos. One track runs slicks, one runs normally greens or super softs and our track runs normally clay compounds. Going to be changing car setups for each track is going to be fun.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Nice to see the 17.5 sct class
Old 09-29-2014, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
To my knowledge we did this series instead. One nice thing is the entry fee pricing for a 2 day even is pretty cheap when compared to other events and that is what makes this series a little unique. Also 3 different race surfaces to run on as well and tire combos. One track runs slicks, one runs normally greens or super softs and our track runs normally clay compounds. Going to be changing car setups for each track is going to be fun.
I'm ready for it :-D Just have to get permission first lol
Old 09-29-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chr1s
Racers voted at the final race last year to not do an indoor series this year but rather a single day regional championship.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Racers voted at the final race last year to not do an indoor series this year but rather a single day regional championship.
Do you have a date or location yet?

THX!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.