Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Offroad CASH RACE | Trains and Lanes Hobbies | Easton, PA | Saturday, AUG 23rd, 2014 >

Offroad CASH RACE | Trains and Lanes Hobbies | Easton, PA | Saturday, AUG 23rd, 2014

Offroad CASH RACE | Trains and Lanes Hobbies | Easton, PA | Saturday, AUG 23rd, 2014

Old 08-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink Offroad CASH RACE | Trains and Lanes Hobbies | Easton, PA | Saturday, AUG 23rd, 2014

!!UPDATE!!

Ok fellas... I really hate to do this, but we need to make a change to the program format for this race.

Although it was a great idea, the bump-up option for electric classes with double mains is going to be a problem without a doubt, from a racer standpoint as well as software limitations....

So there will be NO bump option for the electric classes at this race. Everything else stays the same, still double mains, just no bumps for electric... the winner's just put the cash strait into their pocket.... sorry!

Last edited by DAK MACH; 08-21-2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: NO electric bump-ups
Old 08-12-2014, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Other Information

The EQUALIZER Idea:
The main idea for this race to give our "middle of the pack" club racers a chance to run the same long mains and race for the same amount of cash as the fast guys do, at about a club race price. Most of us club racers never stand a chance to win any performance based awards, or run the longer mains as soon as "CASH" or "TROPHY" is put into a race name.... 'cuz that's when the big guns typically show up Sooo..... here's the chance for all levels of racers, BIG guns AND small guns, to take home some cash! Let's bring 'em out guys!

Main Lengths:
All SCT and Novice Mains: Double 8 minute
All Ebuggy Mains: Double 10 minute
All Nitro Mains: 25 Minute
*Make sure to have your extra batteries with you, especially if you take a bump because we will not be able to wait on anyone to get charged up*
**Main and Qualifier lengths may need to be adjusted based on turnout or weather**

The Payouts:
$10 per entry goes to each main payout purse so.....
All full mains of 12 cars will have $120.00 in the purse for that race. The purse will be split $60 / $40 / $20. For nitro, first and second place will have the option to bump to the next higher main. If the bump is chosen, the cash will be put into the purse of the next main and will be split for the top three in that main, etc. A driver may only bump ONE time.... and let's not try and play the game here either fellas... no intentional sandbagging for the double dip. Crappy qualifiers can and will happen, but I really want to try and keep this honest for the guys that constantly "pay their dues" week in and week out and really have no shot at the overall win.... kind of a "give back" to those guys...

NO BUMPS FOR ELECTRIC CLASSES

For additional track information, please check out:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...easton-pa.html

Last edited by DAK MACH; 08-19-2014 at 10:21 AM. Reason: NO electric bump-ups
Old 08-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Oh yes!!
Old 08-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

that is a great idea but what about if !!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha inside joke
Old 08-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Cool idea for the bump up payout or double down and move on.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ill be there for 4x4 sct and 2wd sct.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

yep
Old 08-13-2014, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

This is awesome! Great idea!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation Track Closed for Maintenance

The Offroad Track is CLOSED for practice until the NEW LAYOUT is finished being put in...
Old 08-13-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Great idea, see you fellas at the track!
Old 08-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

I will be there fo sho!!!! Another new layout??? You guys are awesome.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DAK MACH
The Offroad Track is CLOSED for practice until the NEW LAYOUT is finished being put in...
Old 08-13-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DAK MACH
The EQUALIZER Idea:
The main idea for this race to give our "middle of the pack" club racers a chance to run the same long mains and race for the same amount of cash as the fast guys do, at about a club race price. Most of us club racers never stand a chance to win any performance based awards, or run the longer mains as soon as "CASH" or "TROPHY" is put into a race name.... 'cuz that's when the big guns typically show up Sooo..... here's the chance for all levels of racers, BIG guns AND small guns, to take home some cash! Let's bring 'em out guys!

Main Lengths:
All SCT and Novice Mains: Double 8 minute
All Ebuggy Mains: Double 10 minute
All Nitro Mains: 25 Minute
*Make sure to have your extra batteries with you, especially if you take a bump because we will not be able to wait on anyone to get charged up*
**Main and Qualifier lengths may need to be adjusted based on turnout or weather**

The Payouts:
$10 per entry goes to each main payout purse so.....
All full mains of 12 cars will have $120.00 in the purse for that race. The purse will be split $60 / $40 / $20. First and second place will have the option to bump to the next higher main. If the bump is chosen, the cash will be put into the purse of the next main and will be split for the top three in that main, etc. A driver may only bump ONE time.... and let's not try and play the game here either fellas... no intentional sandbagging for the double dip. Crappy qualifiers can and will happen, but I really want to try and keep this honest for the guys that constantly "pay their dues" week in and week out and really have no shot at the overall win.... kind of a "give back" to those guys...

For additional track information, please check out:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...easton-pa.html
your idea? ? i love that sh.t man
Old 08-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mv91pony
your idea? ? i love that sh.t man
Thanks!

If it all works out and guys like it.... Yes, it was my idea.

If it sucks.... it'll have to be someone else's
Old 08-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

By the way guys.... although this race has been on the calendar since March, the actual race format is kind of a daydream I had while I was working just the other day. If anyone sees some obvious "that ain't gonna work" kind of stuff.... bring it up now so I can try and come up with a solution.

The bump-up scenario with double electric mains is the only sketchy part I see because both C1 and C2 have to be run before B1 can be run etc... I think it'll work out, but guys will need to have batteries ready as there won't be a whole lot of time between the double mains like there usually is, and there is not going to be time to wait for those that aren't done charging/fixing, etc.

Or do we just do away bump-ups for electric classes? I'd like to keep them, but what does everyone else think?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.