Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
SJCCR at Wagner Park 2014 "Counter Clockwise Edition" >

SJCCR at Wagner Park 2014 "Counter Clockwise Edition"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SJCCR at Wagner Park 2014 "Counter Clockwise Edition"

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkviper
Marcos/Robert,

What are the legal engine types/sizes for the class we run for both F1 and 2WD Touring?
F1: g260rc or g270rc
2wd: g23rc
Old 08-26-2014, 02:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by marcosmecha
ROAR rules state 23cc for both
Old 08-26-2014, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

thanks Robert,

how about tuned pipes? we can only use box mufflers on the qtr scale so don't know much about the different models
samba pipes are popular
Old 08-26-2014, 03:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Viper mine is for sale, I should be there on sunday. It depends how my GF is feeling. She gets Chemo this Wednesday.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jones Auto
Viper mine is for sale, I should be there on sunday. It depends how my GF is feeling. She gets Chemo this Wednesday.
I appreciate the post, not sure if I will be down to watch the 1/5th scales or Race 1/8 at BD on Sunday. More than likely I will build a kit since I enjoy that stuff and would make a nice winter project.

For what it is worth, we don't know each other. My wife went through the same thing(although every case is unique) surgery and chemo etc. etc last year. If your gf wanted someone to talk to who has gone through the whole treatment process my wife would be glad to share her experience. As of now, a year later things are very good. All the best to your gf and I am sure we will meet up at some point at the track.

Joel
Old 08-26-2014, 11:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by marcosmecha
For F1, which engines are you guys running?
Old 08-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

For F1, which engines are you guys running?
Mine is a 23cc that Victor at fg supply built,he is the guy you should talk to for you 1/5 scale needs, very knowledgable and a nice guy,can get you most anything
Old 08-29-2014, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default HPI full set of tires

How long does a full set of HPI tires last at wagner track. Sorry to change the subject.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Will the track be clean for pratice on saturday
Old 09-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by robale
How long does a full set of HPI tires last at wagner track. Sorry to change the subject.
I'm guessing that you are talking about the spec tires on USVTA cars? If so I will tell you that the more setup you get in the car (more traction) the longer the tire wear. When last run my car could use the same tires for 3-4 outings (or weeks), before my putting them away for carpet in the winter. Everyone is different in what they are looking for out of the car.. I myself like a lot of steering, yet run a spool in the front diff, so I run a very soft sprung car with a lot of roll giving me very good steering going in, and a lot of rear bite coming out of the turn. A stiff VTA car isn't going to hold the track, and scuff the tires out the first day at the track (just MHO). I'll be out when the temps come down a bit.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by passMeNdie
I'm guessing that you are talking about the spec tires on USVTA cars? If so I will tell you that the more setup you get in the car (more traction) the longer the tire wear. When last run my car could use the same tires for 3-4 outings (or weeks), before my putting them away for carpet in the winter. Everyone is different in what they are looking for out of the car.. I myself like a lot of steering, yet run a spool in the front diff, so I run a very soft sprung car with a lot of roll giving me very good steering going in, and a lot of rear bite coming out of the turn. A stiff VTA car isn't going to hold the track, and scuff the tires out the first day at the track (just MHO). I'll be out when the temps come down a bit.
Thanks for the info passMeNdie, another guy said he gets 3 months out of a set of HPI tires.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info passMeNdie, another guy said he gets 3 months out of a set of HPI tires.
Of course it would depend on how much you actually run/race the car. When I used to race more, I would rarely practice much.....just make sure the car was good and I knew the layout....I used to get a whole season out of mine....
Old 09-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Of course it would depend on how much you actually run/race the car. When I used to race more, I would rarely practice much.....just make sure the car was good and I knew the layout....I used to get a whole season out of mine....
last time I was out (an actually raced ) - I killed a set of fronts... they weren't brand spankin' new, but wore the tread off the fronts...

rears were still good - but fronts took the biggest beating
Old 09-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Wow, that is great. Well I got the car-xray t2, radio-spektrum DX3-c, protek servo ss100 dig. mg. they will arrive soon.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Wow, that is great. Well I got the car-xray t2, radio-spektrum DX3-c, protek servo ss100 dig. mg. they will arrive soon.
I run a TC3 and a half in both USVTA AND in 17.5 touring, that I just converted to a USGT car, and although I never won an a main with either, I had fun, and was somewhat "in the hunt". I have different goals in RC than some folks.

Really? a whole season on one set of VTA tires.LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.