Jackson RC - 2014 outdoor season >

Jackson RC - 2014 outdoor season

Jackson RC - 2014 outdoor season

Old 03-05-2014, 05:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Followed by "oh no, not again"
i don't think i'll ever out live that one...
Old 03-06-2014, 06:18 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

i have a curious question as i start to invest in some on road stuff for the spring:

Would it be in the best interest of attendance not to allow expensive chassis (ie:awesomatix) to participate in the vta class? Kinda defeats the purpose of that class.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dominick i.
i have a curious question as i start to invest in some on road stuff for the spring:

Would it be in the best interest of attendance not to allow expensive chassis (ie:awesomatix) to participate in the vta class? Kinda defeats the purpose of that class.
Well that's a matter of perspective, imo even a new Xray T4 '14 is expensive for that class, but to each his own, I will tell you that VTA has struggled to be a class that gets a weekly turnout, usually only at special events or trophy races, you may want to considered setting up a 17.5 TC. Unless something changes, the D3.5 should be back on the banned list, so that debacle will be over.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

We've been using the USVTA rules to govern that class, and the rules don't restrict any chassis from being used. Some racers are building brand new Xray T4 '14s as VTA cars, while used A700Ls can be found for less than the cost of a new T4.

The intent of the class is left to one's interpretation - I don't think one of the class's goals is to control overall cost, but to control the number of disparities that arise from the ungoverned use of newer technology. Considering 10 year old cars can compete with the latest and greatest, I think the USVTA rules have proven to be both fair and effective without the need to implement a rule excluding certain cars from participating.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Damn Dom you need to single out a car? Any ways it would knock a lot of cars out. Any of the last 3 xrays, Most TRF cars and who knows what other car. VTA is not a TT01 tamiya class. Most large onroad races have VTA with many high dollar cars.

As someone else suggested pick up a touring car for 17.5 TC and call it a day. This is the largest class hands down. If you can, get it together and shake it down at critters.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

Thanks Jerry,I rely on your expertise in this dept..(and i like to rile up the sponsored folk)

Anyway i am planning on running 17.5 tc and will shake down my new aquistion at critters and plan on racing at jackson this spring/summer.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

U know you've gone big time when folks start hatin'
J/k
Old 03-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

.....or at least leave room for the argument of it cannot be the manufacturers current chassis platform. (Ie. t3 good...t4 no good)
Old 03-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ok...after I am done sobbing to myself after Horsham ends... I would like to run some f1 at Jackson. . Especially now that more than a few of us own current cars. I can't/wont do every Saturday . .and would assume the cars will work better once the track rubbers in a bit.
I will keep an eye on the thread for weekends you all want to make this happen. Maybe a special event for f1 when we get closer to tcs would be fun?
Old 03-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
Ok...after I am done sobbing to myself after Horsham ends... I would like to run some f1 at Jackson. . Especially now that more than a few of us own current cars. I can't/wont do every Saturday . .and would assume the cars will work better once the track rubbers in a bit.
I will keep an eye on the thread for weekends you all want to make this happen. Maybe a special event for f1 when we get closer to tcs would be fun?
Did they run F1 @ tcs last summer? how did the tires work?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
maybe we could do a UF1 style'd event. i think this wouldn't take that 'long' to run. maybe a sunday morning..

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Did they run F1 @ tcs last summer? how did the tires work?
great! the hickman brothers could easily show the difference. cars where hooked up..
Old 03-06-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
maybe we could do a UF1 style'd event. i think this wouldn't take that 'long' to run. maybe a sunday morning....
Yes...would like to try this it out.
With a "real" pit lane it could be a blast.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

This is hilarious.

All you need is 1000$ and a dream.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

==
Old 03-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

first post update -- schedule and other info..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.