Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps Elite Electric Challenge March 7th & 8th

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Well it is very possible that I could cook up some pork loin if I can find a sale on them because I need to do 10 to 12lbs of it at one time. Its easier if I had my grill at Bumps. Maybe this spring once I get my vintage ones cleaned up I will bring one to Bumps and leave it their. I can cover it and keep it inside the shop somewhere. Its hard to cook away from my house as I have all my rubs, bbq sauce, and all other grill stuff I need in one place. Will see.
you had me at possible

I completely understand tho. I love to have my rubs, sauces, spices, and herbs within arms reach cuz ya never know when ya might need something to kick it up.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Its that time of year again the the Elite Electric Challenge is coming up at Bumps and Jumps. The race is March 7th and 8th. Practice from 12-9 on Friday the 7th with the kitchen open and then racing on March 8th. Doors open at 8 and racing will start at 10am.

We have special rates setup with Best Western on 702 Limekiln Rd, New Cumberland Pa 717-774-4440. Just tell them you are racing at Bumps and Jumps Hobby shop for the special rate. Also 2 or 3 other hotels at that same exit along with Mickey D's, Johns Diner, Bob Evans and Pizza hut all right their.

We will run our standard classes. We will run 3 rounds and will be having 2 car bumps ups for all mains. All Mains will be 10 cars/trucks. No stacked heats. Computer will setup all heat racing as we don't play favorites at Bumps and Jumps. We will reshuffle ever round.

Its $25.00 for the first class and $20.00 for each additional class.

17.5 buggy
Mod buggy
4wd Mod buggy
2wd Mod SC
4wd Mod SC
Spec/Novice SCT (17.5 is allowed and RTR kits)
Mod Stadium truck

Many racers been to Bumps and know how we run the races. We run 5 minute heats with about 1 minute between heats. Due to the large turnout expected we will strictly stay on that schedule so we can get everyone out at a reasonable time.

Any questions let me or Chris know and will get them answered.

Thanks
Brian
Can't wait!! Going to be a fun one fo' sho'
Old 02-20-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This race is sponsored. Things just got serious.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:17 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Race is being sponsored by Savox and Racers Edge. I will be running the Racers Edge Pro 2 for HRP at this race and their Pro 4 during the spring/summer season. Will be very challenging to take a RTR car and turn it into a race car capable of doing well but I have done it like this for 30 years taking things that are not all out racers and doing well so this is just something fun for me to do this year. Will see what I can do.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wyd
Race is being sponsored by Savox and Racers Edge. I will be running the Racers Edge Pro 2 for HRP at this race and their Pro 4 during the spring/summer season. Will be very challenging to take a RTR car and turn it into a race car capable of doing well but I have done it like this for 30 years taking things that are not all out racers and doing well so this is just something fun for me to do this year. Will see what I can do.
This will be interesting to see.

I think you'll be surprised what these Racers Edge cars can do. I've really had no complaints with them.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
I think the Pro2 is a capable truck out of the box. I think one of the drawbacks have always been lack of aftermarket support for upgrades and such.

Wait, there's a spring/summer season?
Old 02-21-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sduffy77
I think the Pro2 is a capable truck out of the box. I think one of the drawbacks have always been lack of aftermarket support for upgrades and such.

Wait, there's a spring/summer season?
Racers Edge does carry upgrade parts for their cars, so that's not a drawback. Racers Edge also carries some upgrade parts for other makes as well
Old 02-23-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well i have heard that the Racers Edge cars are very similar to Team C and Atomic's cars
Old 02-23-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

What are blue chips?

(Limit 13 cars on track at one time using blue clips)
Old 02-23-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

What are blue chips?

(Limit 13 cars on track at one time using blue clips)
If this is what I think it is, this is a system used to limit the amount of cars on the track during practice at the classic and challenge. It just a blue clothe hanger that u put on your antenna. Gotta wait in line to get one, but when you finally do, you can get some quality track time instead of mayhem.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:57 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Brian C.
Well i have heard that the Racers Edge cars are very similar to Team C and Atomic's cars
It is a stripped down Team C buggy. Very basic. Plenty of hopups out from Racers Edge but not like the Loai or Associated.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Another day closer to the Elite Race. Everyone was talking about during racing this week. Guys are amped up for this race.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:24 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Few guys called and said they have their rooms reserved already.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Will we be running the same layout as we have now or will it be changing up?
Old 02-27-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Will we be running the same layout as we have now or will it be changing up?
I believe they always put in a fresh layout for the big races...it keeps a level playing field as everyone (locals and out of towners) have all day friday to learn the new layout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.