Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March muscle car madness March 22nd - 23rd

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 06:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Again to just say, it was a fun weekend. It has been some years since I raced and its been great to find a new track, reconnect with everyone I once raced with and to meet new racers. As said before, the track does have some growing pains as do other new tracks. There is a great group of racers there new and experienced and it will grow. Thanks agin to Darryl, Mike and his family for hosting the event. Also choosing my daughter Amber to select the concourse winner. She is a little partial to purple Jeff. HaHa.

With that being said, I have been doing this long enough with you Darryl and I'd like to step up and direct the VTA class for any future events the Tri-State Club hosts. We will stay strict to the USVTA Rules for any future events and I will handle all inspections. This should levy some of the work you have at these events.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D. Lee 25
once again I take full responsibility for us VTA screw up as many you may know I was the organizer for this race and try to do it all I designed and ordered the shirts I designed in order the trophies I also designed and built the layout the night before the race I set up all qualifiers in Mains but the one thing I did not set up was a tech table and that's where I dropped the ball by allowing just one driver to run a 3.5 now keep in mind no one tech a car in front of me or Jeff until y'all ambush me at the main and that's why I allow the race to be finalized that night the reason why I reverse my decision to disqualify the drivers an award the trophies to the drivers that were legit again I apologize for the mess so which only right I clean it up thank you D. Lee tri-state RC club
I didn't mean to ambush you - I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to throw together a race (done it a few times at PottBelly's)..

Was just voicing my opinion about what I felt was uncool. granted my driving was horrible and my car took forever to find a good setup - so I probably wouldn't have been in the "A" anyways, so I can't speak for what happened after the main

Darryl, you know my background running a VTA program - so if you needed help (or want help the next time), give me a shout. I have no problem being a bad guy ( ) and enforcing rules. Hell, I do it all day at work, so why not 'branch out' so to speak

it was a good time and nothing should tarnish that and Mike's effort getting that track up. I will be back at some point.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default the show must go on

believe me I am NOT taking this personally what happens I'm taking the blame for what happened