Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
!!!THE HB HPI CHALLENGE IS BACK!!! >

!!!THE HB HPI CHALLENGE IS BACK!!!

!!!THE HB HPI CHALLENGE IS BACK!!!

Old 02-24-2014, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skiptomylou6
Hi everyone,

My name is Joe Macasero and I've been coordinating the six race series going down on the Left Coast. I know (back in the www.hpiracing.com Forum) days the East Coast held it down for the HPI Challenge races.

If you know of a track or shop that would like to host, please send me an e-mail. I'd like to gather some info to see if we could make this come back to the East. [email protected]

Thanks!
Joe
Well fellahs, it's time. Stand up!

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Hi Joe....Left you a message on your voice mail....Best to message me here on RCTech if I can be of assistance....
Ray once you lock in a date I want to be the 1st to know Cuzzin!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL
Well fellahs, it's time. Stand up!

Ray once you lock in a date I want to be the 1st to know Cuzzin!
this is great news guys.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:33 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Is there any interest in a Midwest Race?
Old 03-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MD
Is there any interest in a Midwest Race?
Where do you race?
Old 03-01-2014, 12:10 PM
MD
Tech Champion

I have raced at the Track in Winthrop Harbor, IL. The shop is called Harbor Hobbies. I have raced at Hobbytown in St. Charles, IL, during the summer. I have raced at Eclipse Hobbies in Bradley, IL. There is Leisure Hobbies in Joliet which has a world class asphalt track.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MD
I have raced at the Track in Winthrop Harbor, IL. The shop is called Harbor Hobbies. I have raced at Hobbytown in St. Charles, IL, during the summer. I have raced at Eclipse Hobbies in Bradley, IL. There is Leisure Hobbies in Joliet which has a world class asphalt track.
I heard Leisure Hours Raceway may be a hot spot for a 2014 HPI Challenge Race. On-Road & Off-Road racing.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:08 AM
MD
Tech Champion

I heard Leisure Hours Raceway may be a hot spot for a 2014 HPI Challenge Race. On-Road & Off-Road racing.
Sounds good. Harbor Hobbies would be good also. They hold parking lot races and have a carpet track. So, weather would not be an issue except for the guys running nitro. Hobbytown in Lake in the Hills has an indoor dirt track, an off road carpet track outside and they run some parking lot races also.

I guess the important thing would be establish dates.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Any tracks in pa penciled in yet? How about jersey?
Old 03-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MD
Sounds good. Harbor Hobbies would be good also. They hold parking lot races and have a carpet track. So, weather would not be an issue except for the guys running nitro. Hobbytown in Lake in the Hills has an indoor dirt track, an off road carpet track outside and they run some parking lot races also.

I guess the important thing would be establish dates.
In the past I've hosted a few Hpi events. If you think these track owners would like to host a 2014 Hpi Challenge Race have them contact [email protected].

Originally Posted by Rcjunk-yard
Any tracks in pa penciled in yet? How about jersey?
Hey Rcjunk-yard, where in Jersey do you live?
Old 03-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

In the past I've hosted a few Hpi events. If you think these track owners would like to host a 2014 Hpi Challenge Race have them contact [email protected].

Hey Rcjunk-yard, where in Jersey do you live?
I'm in pa west of Philly but will consider driving to jersey for an Hpi race. I tried contacting my local hobby shop Hobbyhut 610-635-1062 about the challenge but didn't hear back. They have an off-road track right now and I used to parking lot race with them for a few years until they went off-road. I heard RAY runs a really good show and he's done an hpi before. Really wish I could someone local to do the challenge, but I'll drive to jersey if I have to. I don't know how big the turnout would be, so parking might be a problem.

Trains n lanes has a dedicated track for inroad, as well as mushroom bowl. Actually Mushroom bowl would be an Excellent place to have an hpi challenge, would you like me to contact them for you? I can give them a call and see, and if there interested I'll give them your email.

Hope this helps any.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

I'm in pa west of Philly but will consider driving to jersey for an Hpi race. I tried contacting my local hobby shop Hobbyhut 610-635-1062 about the challenge but didn't hear back. They have an off-road track right now and I used to parking lot race with them for a few years until they went off-road. I heard RAY runs a really good show and he's done an hpi before. Really wish I could someone local to do the challenge, but I'll drive to jersey if I have to. I don't know how big the turnout would be, so parking might be a problem.

Trains n lanes has a dedicated track for inroad, as well as mushroom bowl. Actually Mushroom bowl would be an Excellent place to have an hpi challenge, would you like me to contact them for you? I can give them a call and see, and if there interested I'll give them your email.

Hope this helps any.
It might be a good idea to contact these tracks in order to speed things up. Years ago when I could not get any answers to the where's and when's of the Hpi Challenge races I took the bull by it's horns and had pretty good results doing so. At the end of the day this is not an undertaking for everyone but you reaching out to these tracks/hobby shops can't hurt your affords to find a closer facility wanting to host a Hpi Challenge.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

It might be a good idea to contact these tracks in order to speed things up. Years ago when I could not get any answers to the where's and when's of the Hpi Challenge races I took the bull by it's horns and had pretty good results doing so. At the end of the day this is not an undertaking for everyone but you reaching out to these tracks/hobby shops can't hurt your affords to find a closer facility wanting to host a Hpi Challenge.
Already working on it, will let you know when I find somebody.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Already working on it, will let you know when I find somebody.
Excellent, [email protected] is your point of contact.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thank you Todd!

Just so you guys get a feel for how we're promoting our series, we push out fliers for every round. I've been hitting local hobby shops getting them in there each round. Soon enough I'd like to move into other shops (skate shops, full size tuner shops, etc) to get more eyes on the brand and exactly what R/C racing is about.

Here's the Round 4 Flier... HPI HQ!
Old 03-04-2014, 12:02 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Thanks for posting the registration.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.