Search

Rosewood NC 2005 Asphalt

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Rosewood NC 2005 Asphalt

Hello!

Been awhile since I posted up about Rosewood (The Wood) RC Raceway, North Carolina. We've been racing asphalt this season for the past few months with a new layout this year.

Just some info on the track...

Racing every Saturday Rain or Shine. Track has both an indoor and outdoor Touring car track.

Track/pits usually opens doors around 10am every Saturday. Registration ends at 2pm. 1st qualifier starts at 3pm. 2nd qualifier about 4pm. 3rd qualifier about 5pm. And mains sometime just after 6pm. They try to get each round done with and enough time to charge up another pack in an hours time.

Race fee is $15. Classes are mainly Stock Touring. Sometimes they will have a Spec, 19t, Mod, or Nitro class depending on how many show up. Rules are basic Roar rules.

Track location is:

ROSEWOOD RC RACEWAY
651 Community Drive
Goldsboro, NC 27530
Phone (919)734-7754

Track is owned by Glenn. That is his shop number above. Any questions just call him or post up on here and I will try and answer them the best that I can. Thank You!
Attached Thumbnails Rosewood NC 2005 Asphalt-2005rosewood.jpg  
Old 07-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Oh yeah, his website is
http://www.glennshobbycorner.com/index.html

I think this weekend we will have a Stock and Mod Touring class. Not sure on Spec yet. Stock is very competitive right now with a good handful of people within just a second between TQ and say 5th or so.

The track also has a few parts as well. But best to bring stuff you may need if you break. They only carry basic items as it is small. But eventually he will move his store out to the track location.

Also they have indoor pits for up to maybe 80 drivers. They only have a few stools around to sit on. But plenty of table space and power.

Also... the indoor track is run counter~clockwise. The outdoor track is run clockwise... Just thought some of ya might want to know..

Catch yall this weekend!
Old 07-17-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Mike, sorry about not running mod. I would have, but I broke a few parts that just failed under normal cornering conditions, not even wrecks. I didn't have spares, so if something failed, I would be done for the day. I'll try out some mod at Easley next time your there.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Chad and Mike for coming out. Sorry about the bad luck Chad. Perhaps the BD might be a better car for ya after all (I remember you asking me). The BD is alot smoother driving. And the diffs last tons longer too. Jairo and I haven't even rebuilt our diffs since we got the car and raced it for the first time down there in SC. Plus the BD arms are priced pretty good and made of a new hard plastic. I should have let you test drive my car to let you feel it out and see if ya liked it.

Good to see Reggie and Marv out there too. Hope you guys can make it out there sometime soon again.

Good run between Brandon and Mike. Wish I could have watched it. Alot of good passes I heard.

Anyways, catch yall next time. I'll be gone for the next 2 weekends. But don't let that stop yall from goin out to Rosewood every Saturday for some good racing!

L8Rz
Old 07-17-2005, 06:22 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I know a bunch of us plan to race again at the big race near the end of the season. We all had a good time their last year at that race. The new drivers stand is also going to be nice.

Brian
Old 07-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I'll keep ya posted Brian. Right now there's too much goin on to hold a trophy race. But I'm sure we'll have one before asphalt season is over.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by KilRuf
Thanks Chad and Mike for coming out. Sorry about the bad luck Chad. Perhaps the BD might be a better car for ya after all (I remember you asking me). The BD is alot smoother driving. And the diffs last tons longer too. Jairo and I haven't even rebuilt our diffs since we got the car and raced it for the first time down there in SC. Plus the BD arms are priced pretty good and made of a new hard plastic. I should have let you test drive my car to let you feel it out and see if ya liked it.

Good to see Reggie and Marv out there too. Hope you guys can make it out there sometime soon again.

Good run between Brandon and Mike. Wish I could have watched it. Alot of good passes I heard.

Anyways, catch yall next time. I'll be gone for the next 2 weekends. But don't let that stop yall from goin out to Rosewood every Saturday for some good racing!

L8Rz
ur welcome jmac good to run out at ur track like the course just need to block out the dark lines , nice driverstand gleen still going to put hobbystore out front i saw the construction, mr.flapper will put a damper on ur turns and good luck with the race nxt week who all going
Old 07-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default track size

How big is your outdoor track? I may want to come down and run nitro some day.
Attached Thumbnails Rosewood NC 2005 Asphalt-dsc_3392.jpg   Rosewood NC 2005 Asphalt-dsc_3395.jpg  
Old 07-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe so, or atleast in modified. Thing is, I only broke stuff in the axles and they are the same with both cars. Same arms on both cars The LCG came with the super stiff/durable arms. I'll practice driving in mod with it at Easley, maybe shake it down and see if I can make it work at those crazy speeds. Diffs do need a rebuild everyweek and the diff gears get shreaded up QUICK. I haven't stripped or broken a tooth, but those tiny pebble get in the teeth and make them look terrible.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:39 AM
ml
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
How big is your outdoor track? I may want to come down and run nitro some day.
I'm not sure of the exact size, but it looks like it would be suited to run a nitro car. Touring modified lap times were around 19 seconds. The lanes were wide. I was surprised there wasn't a nitro class.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:07 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Yeah, I'll keep ya posted Brian. Right now there's too much goin on to hold a trophy race. But I'm sure we'll have one before asphalt season is over.
I know all of us that came down last year wanted to make it down again at around the same time as last years big race. We are all making plans to be their.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:13 AM
jt6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ml
I'm not sure of the exact size, but it looks like it would be suited to run a nitro car. Touring modified lap times were around 19 seconds. The lanes were wide. I was surprised there wasn't a nitro class.
We can't ever seem to get enought to show at Rosewood to run Nitro. So most of the Nitro guys stopped coming and only run at Durham now.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Looks like I will be back in 2 weeks, I just got another chassie to play with so I will need all the laps I can. See ya'll then.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

PLEASE DO NOT PUT THE TROPHY RACE ON THE SAME WEEKEND AS NASCAR IS IN CHARLOTTE AGAIN THIS YEAR, or I won't be able to come, and I would like to be there, sucked missing the one last year.

I think it would be best to do the trophy race about mid september and make it a nats warm up race for the guys going to FL. Guys wallets will be busted if it's in mid october again, just AFTER the nats.

WYD- any of the guys from up that way going to do some mod racing, we've been having alot of fun with it.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:32 AM
jt6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We actually are talking about planning one in mid-sept at Durham......but we do not want to conflict with Rosewood's. Hopefully, we can work out a date this week and let everyone know at this week's race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.