Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
ROAR Region 2 2014 Mid-Atlantic Outdoor Offroad Series >

ROAR Region 2 2014 Mid-Atlantic Outdoor Offroad Series

ROAR Region 2 2014 Mid-Atlantic Outdoor Offroad Series

Old 09-02-2014, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Final round this weekend for the ROAR Region 2 Mid Atlantic Off Road Series at Trains and Lanes..
Old 09-03-2014, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As I am looking at the weather forecast, it says 60% of rain

I saw that there is a rain date scheduled in the series. When will it be decided if that will be used?
**This is a 7 hour trip for us, so we need to make plans accordingly
Old 09-03-2014, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLYIN HIGH
As I am looking at the weather forecast, it says 60% of rain

I saw that there is a rain date scheduled in the series. When will it be decided if that will be used?
**This is a 7 hour trip for us, so we need to make plans accordingly
Working on that issue. Will keep everyone updated. See this post also: http://www.rctech.net/forum/13510654-post1068.html We have very little room for that rain date, so our plans are to try and get this one in.

Last edited by jmackani; 09-03-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Curtis - I hear you... It's 4.5 hours for me. I plan to leave by 10am on Friday so please let us know so we can cancel hotel if need be.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmackani
Working on that issue. Will keep everyone updated. See this post also: http://www.rctech.net/forum/13510654-post1068.html We have very little room for that rain date, so our plans are to try and get this one in.
I completely understand trying to get it in...but with the forecast at 80%...I think we need to be fair to all parties involved. That is a LONG way for some of us to travel to get rained out.

Do you know when you will decide if the forecast stays as gloom as it is now?
We plan to leave around 4 am on Friday.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Actually 60% from following accuweather with a total of .22" of rain which is not much. This number has not changed since this morning.

So here it is so everyone can see how easy this decision is. If you have never had the honor of scheduling a race over someone else's event whether close or miles away, then probably any track owner will tell you the great pi$$ing contest it will create.

Sept 13. Cancer race at mcculloughs
Sept 20. Roar va state champs at Tiltyard
Sept 27. Savox race at LCRC (I have to race direct)
Oct 4 2nd annual Northeast worlds at trains and lanes
Oct 11. Awards banquet in Washington, D.C.

Oct 11 was the rain date.

So what is everyone's thoughts on Sunday or any other thoughts or suggestions or who wants to be the next region director? My therapist couch has an open spot. I can say the track and crew are capable of working with wet conditions. They cleaned the track up twice two weekends ago while we were there to get one round of racing in before it rained a third time and it was a lot more than .22"

Follow any other form of motorsports and the events are not cancelled based on the weatherman until Mother Nature speaks herself. I understand the hotel, travel, etc scenarios too.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

The track has lights. Say,we were to get in qualifying. Would we run some of the mains on Sat. Night? Then finish up the other mains on Sunday? Would that be the plan? Worse case cenario run the race on Sunday?
Old 09-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow!!!
Sorry I read the first page and it says that the rain date was October the 4th. Had no idea we really did NOT have a rain date worked in the schedule other than the banquet weekend.

No problem here. We will make the drive and the best of it.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NITRO 540
The track has lights. Say,we were to get in qualifying. Would we run some of the mains on Sat. Night? Then finish up the other mains on Sunday? Would that be the plan? Worse case cenario run the race on Sunday?
I was thinking worst case run it all on Sunday. Definitely no plans of running both Saturday and Sunday. Hint, everyone better run their qualifiers like it were a main because they may be all we get in. Weather is calling for the .22" total in morning and afternoon and clearing for the night. Let's wait until tomorrow evening to get a better picture.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SherriW
Wow!!!
Sorry I read the first page and it says that the rain date was October the 4th. Had no idea we really did NOT have a rain date worked in the schedule other than the banquet weekend.

No problem here. We will make the drive and the best of it.
Glad you found the 4th thing on the first post. I checked the website and I did not have it there. Mruk also thought we had it for the 11th. Either way trains already had a race scheduled for the 4th that I do not want to encroach on their date. This would be like taking money away from the track. They lose a day to rain and would then possibly lose some funds to our series if we asked to use their other date.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Hang on guys. They are humidity showers. Rare if they even happen and short lived if they do. Racing will be fine. I've never gone to a race and been rained out in forever and I'm going to trains on Saturday. We will be fine
Old 09-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmackani
Glad you found the 4th thing on the first post. I checked the website and I did not have it there. Mruk also thought we had it for the 11th. Either way trains already had a race scheduled for the 4th that I do not want to encroach on their date. This would be like taking money away from the track. They lose a day to rain and would then possibly lose some funds to our series if we asked to use their other date.
Completely Understand. I did not realize that there were overlaps in the dates...

As you stated... just make every run count :-) Hopefully we can get it all in...
Old 09-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mo Denton
Hang on guys. They are humidity showers. Rare if they even happen and short lived if they do. Racing will be fine. I've never gone to a race and been rained out in forever and I'm going to trains on Saturday. We will be fine
+1
Old 09-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guys, keep in mind that our track takes water VERY well.

It's been super dry since middle of last week. Even if we were to completely drench the track with water, it would soak it up and laugh at us.

Now as for a complete and utter down pour, throwing down wood chips and 30 minutes to an hour later, the track is runnable. We've done that in the past a couple times. Heck, one of our cash races a couple weeks ago, it rained Friday and Saturday morning. We got practice in, then it rained again and we got the track runnable a couple hours later. It was awesome until it rained AGAIN and we lost the track again. Since Friday is going to be clear and tomorrow as well, it has to be some sort of monsoon to stop us from racing.

We'll be fine. We might have some delays if it does downpour, but we'll get the show in.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

weather report from National Weather Service for sat Saturday Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 85. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

And that's even if its in the area by 2

So that's at least 1 round and almost part of second in by 2pm I think we can do it. I also have a hotel and 4 hour drive so I understand everyones concerns I think schreff summed it up pretty good of what they can do at the track. so lets go racing and crown a Champion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.