Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Laurel TCS Regional July 31st

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Good luck in Memphis to all going this weekend, one of these days I will make it to some of these venues. Doc, PM me when you get a chance.
Brad
Old 07-09-2005, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Brad, I don't do the PM thing but you can e-mail me at [email protected]. I'll be in Memphis this weekend but back on Monday. Hope to see you & the wife at the Nats again this year!
Later
Doc
Old 07-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sign-up for the July 31st TCS race at Laurel is up on the Tamiya website...

And yes, I have signed up already..... Mini and F1 or course....
Old 07-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

I'm signed in for Mini!
Old 07-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Casey, are you going to set up the TCS track on the 24th so people can come out and practice?

Also, REALLY need to tell you and Mike about what the club in Memphis did for their track surface. They sealed it with heavy duty industrial sealer mixed with fine sand called Black Magic. Incredible traction, and they did it for the same reason you guys should talk to the County about: it fills in the depressions between the stones in the asphalt and makes the surface good again without fully repaving. Amazing...most people ran without tire sauce, they had so much traction.

Later
Doc
Old 07-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by rccardr
Casey, are you going to set up the TCS track on the 24th so people can come out and practice?

Also, REALLY need to tell you and Mike about what the club in Memphis did for their track surface. They sealed it with heavy duty industrial sealer mixed with fine sand called Black Magic. Incredible traction, and they did it for the same reason you guys should talk to the County about: it fills in the depressions between the stones in the asphalt and makes the surface good again without fully repaving. Amazing...most people ran without tire sauce, they had so much traction.

Later
Doc

Doc I think Tamiya should put you on their payroll lol. BTW, I'm looking for a sponsor for the 2006 TCS race here in Memphis............
Old 07-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I will look into the track surface stuff,

I will do the layout for TCS the week before the race, any requests, ( tight twisty, wide flowing )

A's in the morn, B3's in the afternoon .........
Old 07-13-2005, 04:11 AM
RD
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casey

I will do the layout for TCS the week before the race, any requests, ( tight twisty, wide flowing )

If given a choice, I prefer "wide flowing".
Old 07-13-2005, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

I'll leave that up to you, Casey- you always do a nice job on the layouts.

Just keep in mind that there will be a broad range of driving skills and traction (think TL01 spec class vs. GT1) because of tires and motors. Super-tight turns in the middle of the track inevitably lead to frustration and difficult marshalling (think RCO in March), whereas a wide-entrance decreasing radius turn works well in one of the corners where the cars can be reached without someone pouncing on passing traffic (think Cincy in April).

It would also be really great if you could figure out a way to avoid that BIG, STINKIN' ARROW painted on the lower right hand corner of the track. Remember, you don't have to use a layout that incorporates every inch of the rectangle formed by the gutters.

Later
Doc
Old 07-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casey

4 foot lanes with a ton of 180's
Old 07-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr

Later
Doc
That's true, we had enough grip that we didn't need anything else to keep our cars planted. All I used all day was some stuff called Orange Blast, which is a lot like Simple Green, just cleans the tire without drying it out, & the B3's held up pretty well throughout the day(though they did get quite a bit of graining to them, but it was expected from the texture of that surface)....
Old 07-13-2005, 09:40 PM
NCC
Tech Adept

Gotta get the dust out of my TAO3 and be there.

I liked last year's layout.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Nigel, is that you?
Haven't heard from Todd Marshall in a long time...are you going to be there?
How about the Hickman Bros?
Chef88, have you got your Mini game on? This could (finally) be your year!
TWO WEEKS FROM TOMORROW!!!

Later
Doc
Old 07-16-2005, 09:34 AM
NCC
Tech Adept

Uh huh! Waaaaz up!

Todd said he will be there. You know spec racing is his thing.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default TCS laurel, md

Hi Doc,

Bruce and I will be @ the Laurel Race on 7/31/05, I will be @ the next Sunday's Race on 7/24/05 to get tuned up for the TCS Race. I am really bumed that the F1 Class got "axed" for the World Championships in Japan.
I think I will have something for GtypeCanare for the Nationals, I was on a TQ pace in my 2nd qualifier when my LRP ESC failed after the 2min mark.
I have feeling that heat will be the key @ Laurel and the TCS, the motor gets pretty hot in the F201, I do use the 2 fan set-up which helps a lot. Bruce will be coming to Tamiya in Aug to be my crew chief, we are thinking about getting TA05's for competition next year? Bruce and I have been working flat out since the June Tamiya race on Batteries and Tires. I think we have stumbled onto a few surprises in those area's
Hope to see you on the 7/24 for the TCS Practice Race @ Laurel.

Steve.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.