Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
TC3 Setup at SoCal Raceway >

TC3 Setup at SoCal Raceway

Old 04-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey everyone. I知 looking for suggestions on setting up my TC3 for SoCal Raceway. I知 going to be entering my first race in a couple of weeks here (maybe less) and was hoping to get a good starting point. I have the Sorex 36R tires already as well as the Associated threaded shocks and a Protoform Caddy CTS body (have the original Stratus, but haven稚 painted it yet). Everything else is bone stock as came in the standard TC3 kit. The motor is a Monster Stock currently sporting a 24t pinion (I have 26 and 27 available too). Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Jive
Old 04-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

There are some of the pros Socal set ups on the associated web page.
But remember you may not like the car set up the same as a pro.

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh...ad.htm#RC10TC3
Old 04-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

I started racing there not too long ago and have a decent setup now. I have blue front and silver rear springs with 40wt oil. Shocks mounted in the middle hole of front and rear shock towers. Standard sway bars front and rear. About 1 degree of camber all around, 0 toe in the front, 2 degrees toe in the rear. 6 degrees caster (probably too much). Using 32/100 gearing with 64 pitch gears and a Mazda 6 body to top it off. I started with a front diff and later went to a front one way. It seems this track likes a front one way. If you are just starting you should keep the front diff for a while though. Its very different driving with a one way and it eats parts if you crash.