Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Race Talk

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

EA order just arrived
atlas,19tc2,monster, IB3600 & 3800 on board

Br00d will be here early next week (monday;;;i`m guessing)

also need to shift some 3300 batts

1.179 + £35.00 pk (no discount on these either )

just like to say thanks to Mark Payne who is going to represent c-sracing in the 1/12th nats this winter with Ian shepard

be badgering eddie0 for 1.12hth horse power

just getting started on the new `SHOCK` modified motor woth P94 brush setup
octagon brush need to be tested to make sure it works
Old 09-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

wheres every body at this sunday then,
Geoff
Old 09-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

i`m down barham
west london back on again
Old 09-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
just like to say thanks to Mark Payne who is going to represent c-sracing in the 1/12th nats this winter with Ian shepard
Great news - I spent today practising with my new car at the Racing Drome in Milton Keynes. Looking forward to the new season - more and more clubs doing 1/12 racing
Old 09-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Just don`t take each other out
think mark is after one of them `speedmerchant` thingy cars
Old 09-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Geoff, working this weekend...

I do have some news for you though... Colin, I'll PM you on monday about it...
Sufice to say, carpet wars now doesn't seem to be a possibilty...

Later
Ed
Old 09-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

colin you have a pm!

Last edited by agower; 09-04-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Just don`t take each other out
think mark is after one of them `speedmerchant` thingy cars
Hi Colin and Ian

Well... I really wanted to run the Speedmerchant Rev4. I had lined it up with Bruce at Speedmerchant but I think he is just SO busy that the promised car is not going to make it over the water in time. I think there is a big meeting for his team in Vegas and the UK scene is maybe not high on the priority list!

So ... I am rebuilding the CRC 3.2R for the new season. I now have it down to 825g so I am a lot happier. She was almost 900g last year!

I may change if Bruce gets into gear for me but I had to get on with it.

My first run will be at the Tamworth nationals.. no time for practice for me!

Peace

Mark
Old 09-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Me, Al and Robfo were at Bedworth today and yesturday for TORC. Me and Al in stock, Al Q 2nd and i was 14th. Rob was 7th in mod i think.
The track was roasting, i swapped to CS27s for the 3rd leg of qualifying as i had a new set of those and no 22s, car felt more planted and easier to drive, seemed to bite a bit much before, but Al stayed on new 22s and did fine
In the finals i won the first leg after a great race, got taken out on lap 1 and drove back from 8th to second then fought with Roger for what seemed a year, chasing him down and trying a pass on the flat out first corner, he made a little mistake on the last corner which popped me infront but had him on my bumper for 3 laps, big grin on my face after that race
Al won leg 1 of the A after keeping it clean unlike just about everyone else.

Leg two i should have won but took a tiny bit too much kerb on the corner coming onto the straight after leading for 4 minutes despite some pressure from second, my roll cost me 6 seconds as sods law it landed on its lid, would have got away with it if it had landed chassis side down too. So i picked up second and the overall win. Used a br00d monster with 767s and promatch 3300s.

Al had a bit of a battle in the second final, but rolled it the same place i did i think and settled for 2nd, im not 100% or not but the leader may have failed on weight, i remember someones car missing 30g at scruitineering and wasnt sure which car.
Al got the overall win in the A final with a br00d monster with 767s and br00d 3700s i think.

I just need a proper car now and i might do ok
Old 09-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TryHard
Geoff, working this weekend...

I do have some news for you though... Colin, I'll PM you on monday about it...
Sufice to say, carpet wars now doesn't seem to be a possibilty...

Later
Ed

Back up north?
Old 09-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by berger
Me, Al and Robfo were at Bedworth today and yesturday for TORC. Me and Al in stock, Al Q 2nd and i was 14th. Rob was 7th in mod i think.
The track was roasting, i swapped to CS27s for the 3rd leg of qualifying as i had a new set of those and no 22s, car felt more planted and easier to drive, seemed to bite a bit much before, but Al stayed on new 22s and did fine
In the finals i won the first leg after a great race, got taken out on lap 1 and drove back from 8th to second then fought with Roger for what seemed a year, chasing him down and trying a pass on the flat out first corner, he made a little mistake on the last corner which popped me infront but had him on my bumper for 3 laps, big grin on my face after that race
Al won leg 1 of the A after keeping it clean unlike just about everyone else.

Leg two i should have won but took a tiny bit too much kerb on the corner coming onto the straight after leading for 4 minutes despite some pressure from second, my roll cost me 6 seconds as sods law it landed on its lid, would have got away with it if it had landed chassis side down too. So i picked up second and the overall win. Used a br00d monster with 767s and promatch 3300s.

Al had a bit of a battle in the second final, but rolled it the same place i did i think and settled for 2nd, im not 100% or not but the leader may have failed on weight, i remember someones car missing 30g at scruitineering and wasnt sure which car.
Al got the overall win in the A final with a br00d monster with 767s and br00d 3700s i think.

I just need a proper car now and i might do ok
What can i say i had it ''my way''

Have it your way Bedworth is a nice track

About time too
Old 09-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Oh and BTW, Dad said he's not sure about if he will take me to Wrexham

Usally means yes , Dont tell him i said that
Old 09-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ah well i was so close to making the A final as well, only a second in it, the time i lost i would have been 0.1 off the A. And having a giant wing isnt an advantage in stock, it just slows you down, yet i lost my time for it!
Pm me your msn too please so i can bother you about lfs.
Anyone else got mega sunburn, i have despite putting cream on my neck
Old 09-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by berger
Ah well i was so close to making the A final as well, only a second in it, the time i lost i would have been 0.1 off the A. And having a giant wing isnt an advantage in stock, it just slows you down, yet i lost my time for it!
Pm me your msn too please so i can bother you about lfs.
Anyone else got mega sunburn, i have despite putting cream on my neck
[email protected] - MSN
Old 09-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

helo mr jolly (i think is who i need lol)
right i am looking at geting a 19t br00d motor.i am on a medium sized ashfelt track but also race carpet in the winter. what would u say i want?, i was thinking not the quad mag but i am unsure i want alot of punch anyway and some speed lol. do all these moter have berings? at the moment i am runing a peak v2 19t.so i would want advice on gearing.

i would like to have one of these by 2weeks. can some one advise me what to get and also a number to order it from i am in the UK and what is the prise in £s for these motors and i would like some spear brushes. thanks alot bob.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.