Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TCS #1 customer service

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 03:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Tamiya TCS #1 customer service

Just to let you guys know a recent problem came up with spec rules at the TCS at Radio controlled outfitters in Hanover, PA.

Gary Demory of Tamiya listened to my problem and seriously viewed my concerns. The problem was taken back to tamiya and today a rule change is pending for the TT01 vehicle. Just to say any company like this should be supported because your name does not have to be surikarn or rhienard to have a small voice to be heard.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Tamiya TCS #1 customer service

Originally posted by fire929
Just to let you guys know a recent problem came up with spec rules at the TCS at Radio controlled outfitters in Hanover, PA.

Gary Demory of Tamiya listened to my problem and seriously viewed my concerns. The problem was taken back to tamiya and today a rule change is pending for the TT01 vehicle. Just to say any company like this should be supported because your name does not have to be surikarn or rhienard to have a small voice to be heard.
Actually a couple of people left before the quals started because of the rules....
Old 03-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ??????????????

Did not know that
Old 03-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default What happened?

what happened that caused ppl to leave? and what's the controversy with the TT-01 car? probably gearing and the spec class i bet?
Old 03-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default TT01

Gearing and the adjustable arms. Arms one the vote but gearing was thrown out.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Did Turbo Joe move to a different state? Jas kidding...

Also interested to know what happenned...
Old 03-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

But some people also left because it was getting too late. 10-11pm on a Sunday was when all was said and done. I had a 6 hour drive home. But I stayed til the end!!

I also asked Gary a question. But he didn't really know the answer because he said it has never been done before to his knowledge. But I asked if I could JB weld a oneway to form a spool or superglue a diff together. It's not hard to do. And it's all using Tamiya parts. So I dunno. I saw in a Japanese mag where Tamiya guys showed you how to superglue a diff together without the diff balls in place and replacing the bearing with bushing and spring with spacers. The oneway deal would be easy. Just lube the oneway with JB Weld instead of grease or oil..... hehe..
Old 03-23-2005, 03:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
But some people also left because it was getting too late. 10-11pm on a Sunday was when all was said and done. I had a 6 hour drive home. But I stayed til the end!!

I also asked Gary a question. But he didn't really know the answer because he said it has never been done before to his knowledge. But I asked if I could JB weld a oneway to form a spool or superglue a diff together. It's not hard to do. And it's all using Tamiya parts. So I dunno. I saw in a Japanese mag where Tamiya guys showed you how to superglue a diff together without the diff balls in place and replacing the bearing with bushing and spring with spacers. The oneway deal would be easy. Just lube the oneway with JB Weld instead of grease or oil..... hehe..
awww man.. you're gonna get Gary Katzer in here now. (hi gary! )

but i think the Tamiya crew would be 50/50 on that superglued one way question.... here's why:

they will approve it because: everyone has the opportunity to take their one way and glue it solid if they want to....

they will NOT approve it because: you are using the hopup in a different manner. the rules clearly state that you have to use the hop up the way it was intended. no modifications. and the rules also state any loopholes will be deemed illegal.

now.. lets see how it long it takes mr. Katzer to chime in.... tick tock.. tick tock..
Old 03-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

I hope he does chime in because I emailed Tamiya that question before. All they did was redirect me to the TCS Rules.. hehe... I wanted to do it for the TCS at the RCO. But just ran a diff instead on my EvoIV. If I can do it... well... I know what I'll do for my next TCS race.... If not... back to the diff. Oneways are just too tricky here with the lack of traction in a parking lot....
Old 03-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

43 minutes Chris...

I'm not the Gary from Tamiya, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express...

I don't have a huge problem allowing the adjustable upper arms on a TT-01; after all they allow people to add the adjustable links on a TL-01 because the LA comes with them. Gearing is a different issue, it's fixed on all chassis in the spec class.

The way the rule are, making a front diff or one way into a spool is not legal. You are essentially re-engineering the car, or at least that one part. You are also using a part in a manner other than the way it was intended.

BUT that was my same arguement on why the SS arms shouldn't have been allowed on anything but the 04 and I got turned down on that one...
Old 03-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

LoL.. I'd rather stay at the Hilton... or with a Hilton..... hehe..

I would like to see that legal for GT1 class though (spools). But I only brought this up because I saw the Japanese article on making a spool. Which was also the same article that showed the Tamiya Asia Cup race in Hong Kong for 2004. So naturally it got me curious if building a spool in this manner was legal for TCS in the USA... I have no problems if it's not though....

~Jimmy Mac
Old 03-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
43 minutes Chris...

I'm not the Gary from Tamiya, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express...
Old 03-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

There are people who would like to see the front diff mod for the 415 legal...it isn't nor should it be...
Old 03-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Here's the rule that shut's it down.
17. If a driver finds a loophole within the rules, that exploitation will be deemed illegal
Old 03-23-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Gearing is a different issue, it's fixed on all chassis in the spec class.
Yeah, but with the TT, it's fixed quite a bit lower than on the TL (~.5 lower) with 19T on both chassis. A 20T makes it within .03

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.