Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2012-13 Carpet racing at the "Coliseum" >

2012-13 Carpet racing at the "Coliseum"

2012-13 Carpet racing at the "Coliseum"

Old 09-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ugh. Wish I could make it this weekend but I just can't.

Dave: Will the track be open on Sunday afternoon for practice? I can't be there Saturday but I'd love to bring up my VTA and 12.5 TC to see if I can get them working on the carpet.

Thanks!
-C
Old 09-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cshelton
Ugh. Wish I could make it this weekend but I just can't.

Dave: Will the track be open on Sunday afternoon for practice? I can't be there Saturday but I'd love to bring up my VTA and 12.5 TC to see if I can get them working on the carpet.

Thanks!
-C
The track will be open for practice on Friday (10am-8pm) and Sunday (12pm-5pm).
Old 09-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Roll call for the September 8th race at the 'Coliseum'

17.5 Stock TC
1. John C
2. Randy B
3. Dave B
4. Joe
5. Jamie (tentative)
6. Mason
7. Will
8. Jeff
9. TJames
10. BJames
11. June
12. Poochy (tentative)
13. Mike M.

21.5 Sportsman TC
1. Rod
2. Devon
3. John S.
4. John C
5. Will
6. Vance
7. Mike S.

VTA 'Roar Spec'
1. Vance
2. Jack
3. Mike M.

17.5 Stock 1/12
1. Joe

WGT

Last edited by John.C; 09-06-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Location: 2.5 Miles South of Pentagon, Light years from reality
Questions?? Directions please

- I understand the streets in Frederick may be farkled up this weekend due to a street festival.

- Does anyone have advice on routing to best to avoid the jam-up, for those of us coming up from the south on I-270/15?

Thanks,

Rod
Old 09-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default In the Streets

In The Streets takes up Market Street up to 7th Street which is the normal exit off of 15. An easier way all around to avoid traffic is to go to exit 54 on IH70. there is an East bound exit from either 270 going north or southbound on 15. If you are 70 anyway, it is easy. Exit 54 is East Street/MD 85. Go north from the intersection with IH70 and you are on East Street. go north about 13 blocks and you are there, free from the worst of the traffic.

The other choice is to go north on 15 to Motter Avenue, Go south to 13th Street and turn left. The second stop sign is East Street. turn right and we are two blocks on the right.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default First Car on the Carpet!

The crew did a bang up job getting the track layout down and the Coliseum cleaned up. The layout is the Vegas layout that has been used over the past few years. I need a faster camera than my cell phone but you should get the idea of this 100' x 48' layout. The last two give a pretty good overall view West and East (Driver's stand faces North).
www.htufrederickmd.com/images/IMAG0221.jpg
www.htufrederickmd.com/images/IMAG0224.jpg
www.htufrederickmd.com/images/IMAG0227.jpg
www.htufrederickmd.com/images/IMAG0229.jpg
www.htufrederickmd.com/images/IMAG0230.jpg
www.htufrederickmd.com/images/IMAG0231.jpg
www.htufrederickmd.com/images/IMAG0232.jpg

Final cleanup is Friday including putting up the American Flag and then it is time to race!

Last edited by rbenjamin; 09-06-2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Image links did not appear.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well after about a month of work almost non-stop by quite a few guys, the track has been carpeted, painted, organized, cleaned, boards polished, and maybe touched in inappropriate ways by a few of us during the carpeting process Anyways, joking aside, the track looks simply amazing, all shined up and ready to go. We have the vegas layout down as close as we can get it so it should allow quite a few guys to prep for the 2012 IIC in Las Vegas. The boards will be much more forgiving with the way we are doing things now so that should be great for all of out pockets. Also I have to give props to Richard for allowing us to do all of this work, without him we'd have no funding and this would not have happend, he also just put in a very large spare parts order for XRAY and TAMIYA, we are still putting together a list for Associated and TOP so he can stock them as well. We have lots of sweep 32 spec tires in stock, i believe some 50 sets, and plenty of SXT sauce to go around. I know there alot of people who have put in a lot of work helping out the past couple weeks and i personally would like to thanks them all and they should know who they are, most of them put in more work in a couple weeks then some (myself) put in throughout the course of a year and without them as well, this track would be what is now. The carpet is smooth, the seems look great! not ripples, plenty of tires, clean boards and new border for the track outline (more forgiving) and the track is ready for action for the 2012-2013 carpet season, so lets all get together and show some support for all the men (and women) that took alot of time out of their own life to drop what they normally do to come and make our great racing facility even better. Gentlemen, get ready to rock because its carpet season in Frederick, MD at "The Coliseum".
Old 09-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's right! Your Mom worked as hard as the guys and put up a lot with your Dad being at the Coliseum the last few weeks instead of at home. My hat is off to her.

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Well after about a month of work almost non-stop by quite a few guys, the track has been carpeted, painted, organized, cleaned, boards polished, and maybe touched in inappropriate ways by a few of us during the carpeting process Anyways, joking aside, the track looks simply amazing, all shined up and ready to go. We have the vegas layout down as close as we can get it so it should allow quite a few guys to prep for the 2012 IIC in Las Vegas. The boards will be much more forgiving with the way we are doing things now so that should be great for all of out pockets. Also I have to give props to Richard for allowing us to do all of this work, without him we'd have no funding and this would not have happend, he also just put in a very large spare parts order for XRAY and TAMIYA, we are still putting together a list for Associated and TOP so he can stock them as well. We have lots of sweep 32 spec tires in stock, i believe some 50 sets, and plenty of SXT sauce to go around. I know there alot of people who have put in a lot of work helping out the past couple weeks and i personally would like to thanks them all and they should know who they are, most of them put in more work in a couple weeks then some (myself) put in throughout the course of a year and without them as well, this track would be what is now. The carpet is smooth, the seems look great! not ripples, plenty of tires, clean boards and new border for the track outline (more forgiving) and the track is ready for action for the 2012-2013 carpet season, so lets all get together and show some support for all the men (and women) that took alot of time out of their own life to drop what they normally do to come and make our great racing facility even better. Gentlemen, get ready to rock because its carpet season in Frederick, MD at "The Coliseum".
Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Can't wait for Saturday after seeing how pretty .it was tonight only makes me want to se it get some cars on it and for the fun to begin
Old 09-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Schedule adjusted please mark your calender.

The track will open Saturday September 8 at 9:00am, come help get the groove started.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Default "Good to know" items for this weekend.

1) Track Address:
919 North East Street
Frederick, MD 21701
(301) 694 - 7395
(Please park in the rear of the building)

2) Directions:
The 'In The Streets' event may impact your drive in the morning. Please see Richard's notes below.

"In The Streets takes up Market Street up to 7th Street which is the normal exit off of 15. An easier way all around to avoid traffic is to go to exit 54 on IH70. there is an East bound exit from either 270 going north or southbound on 15. If you are 70 anyway, it is easy. Exit 54 is East Street/MD 85. Go north from the intersection with IH70 and you are on East Street. go north about 13 blocks and you are there, free from the worst of the traffic.

The other choice is to go north on 15 to Motter Avenue, Go south to 13th Street and turn left. The second stop sign is East Street. turn right and we are two blocks on the right."

3) Doors will open at 9:00AM, registration will close at 12:30PM, and 1st round of qualifiers will start promptly at 1PM. We will run 3 qualifiers, re-sort after each round, and take 15min breaks between each round.

4) David Banks will fill in as the interim race director until Casey joins the program on October 8th.

5) Spec tires for the TC classes will be SWEEP 32 Rubber. (In stock)

6) Spec traction compound will be SXT 3.0. (In stock)

7) Entry fees: (Special for this weeked) 1st class: $10; additional classes: $5

Last edited by John.C; 09-07-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Just bought another PS, thaks to Jhon and dave for the offer
Old 09-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If anyone is interested in running F1 I will have mine at the track tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Carpet was a different experience from the asphalt ... but a difference that was good and POSITIVE!! VTA and 21.5 TC was feeling just fine. Seems weird not getting lots of black marks all over the body...
Old 09-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Super excited for tomorrow can't wait for the first race on the new track .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.