Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hitec Race 2005 Input welcome

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Company Representative

Thanks for all the positive input guys!

Scrapping rookie stock would leave us with only two stock classes. Last year we ran sportsman stock, stock, and expert stock. The new format is basically the same thing.

I know many drivers that ran regular stock just because they felt they didn't have the motors and batteries to compete with the real fast guys,but I can't have these guys run with true rookies. I do think some of those drivers should bump to Expert ( I won't mention names) but I think the real Sportsman drivers will appreciate the lack of backmarkers; this is the same reason for Rooke Nitro.

What about 19 turn? Do we need this? I added Sportsman Open mod so can we ditch 19 turn? I can't separate levels here unless we ditch the Open Sportsman class. What should it be?

Mike.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MikeMayberry
Thanks for all the positive input guys!

What about 19 turn? Do we need this? I added Sportsman Open mod so can we ditch 19 turn? I can't separate levels here unless we ditch the Open Sportsman class. What should it be?

Mike.
ofcourse you need 19t . If ya ditch any class it should be like rookie nitro. last year you had 3 heats of 19t and all the guys that were in it run 19t all year long and some of the guys whinning last year about sportsman mod. well lets just say they dont need that much horse power yet
Old 03-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Mike, I believe there is no need for sportsman mod and expert mod. Just have a sedan modified class and a factory mod class. The fast guys who are not sponsered always run in the factory class anyway, so why have both? 19t is very popular right now and I think it should be kept.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patrick
Mike, I believe there is no need for sportsman mod and expert mod. Just have a sedan modified class and a factory mod class. The fast guys who are not sponsered always run in the factory class anyway, so why have both? 19t is very popular right now and I think it should be kept.
AMEN !!!! Patrick
Old 03-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Company Representative

Ok... so, Open Mod and Factory mod for open motors. But remember that I'm pretty strict on the Factory class entries; it is not open to all.

Then do we keep Open 19 turn or split it into two levels?

Mike.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Two levels!!!! I love running 19T as a second class because it's just a fun class!

Of course, if we CAN'T run 19T, is the Open Micro open to all??? I want to run my brushless 18T in that class...
Old 03-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by eeyan
Dear Mr. Mike Mayberry,

Make sure you put RCDriver in Exp. Stock... I think he sandbagged last year... jas kidding...

(BTW, Gary... Chris is running with me in Exp. Stock so if you want a piece of him... you got to run with us... )
Hey, I'll run whatever you boys run...Don't sing it...BRING IT! LOL, man, and I thought the smack talk would be limited to the TCS thread....GAME ON!!!

Why not do this, instead of an Expert Stock, have those drivers move up to 19T? I'd say just about anyone who would run in Expert Stock should be able to handle a 19T with few problems. Perhaps you can get someone to step up to the plate and even offer handout 19T's as an incentive? I also agree with eliminating a sportsman mod class; you're really doing those guys a favor many times as they either A: can't tune a mod motor to go fast and get discouraged or B: Can't handle a mod motor, break stuff, and get discouraged. Either way you have someone who winds up getting discouraged. The other thing that some races have done is that if you run Modified, you are not allowed to enter a stock class...They did this at the Novak race as an example. But you could run 19T and stock or Mod and 19T, so 19T became the class that you could still have the independent's race against the factory guys. There's so many ways you can do it, but at least you're thinking ahead and getting positive suggestions.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by MikeMayberry
I do think some of those drivers should bump to Expert ( I won't mention names)

Mike.
Mike,

since you wont mention it..... i will... Gary Katzer.. to the expert stock class please.. paging Gary Katzer to the expert stock class.

and yes im running rookie nitro (because i dont know jack about nitro cars) and open micro.. and i wanna see if i can keep up with Tony "RC18T on crack" Phalen

- Chris

PS.. if gary runs.. im already discouraged. he talks too much. (just kidding with you gary!)
Old 03-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Actually, you should have seen Mike Rydwell's micro last year. Holy crap was that thing ballistic.

Hmmm, how about a GT3 class? I'd love to run that
Old 03-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Mike, the one thing I would suggest too is that if someone is leaps and bounds faster, give the race director the authority to bump them into the next higher class in the next round of qualifying. I would say if someone in stock turned in a time that would put them top 5 in ex stock, they need to be moved up.

Ok, so Chris is on board with it, I am sure Ian would be too, and I probably would too..a GT3 class: Mabuchi motors. What do you think?
Old 03-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

He's trying to cut down the number of classes, not add to them. Keep it simple. Fewer classes the better as long as skill levels are seperated properly.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Mike, the one thing I would suggest too is that if someone is leaps and bounds faster, give the race director the authority to bump them into the next higher class in the next round of qualifying. I would say if someone in stock turned in a time that would put them top 5 in ex stock, they need to be moved up.

Ok, so Chris is on board with it, I am sure Ian would be too, and I probably would too..a GT3 class: Mabuchi motors. What do you think?
dont worry jon... we'll run with the novice stock guys.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hebiki
dont worry jon... we'll run with the novice stock guys.
Thought you stopped sandbagging Chris.. Ah yes some things dont change
Old 03-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by howard hudson
Thought you stopped sandbagging Chris.. Ah yes some things dont change
i did... but im running mabuchi in the novice stock. isnt that fair? btw.. YGPM on tires
Old 03-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

you got some back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.