Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
HAWAII Pavement Pounders >

HAWAII Pavement Pounders

HAWAII Pavement Pounders

Old 02-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Default HAWAII Pavement Pounders

Hey All. Thought I'd start this thread dedicated to the pavement racers and parking lot bashers. Monster trucks, drifters, ovals, road cars, sprints, or what ever are more than welcome here. The other Hawaii thread seems to be more for off-roaders and chatters. I hope this thread can be for technical tips, reviews, and the latest in pavement fun whether racing or playing.

To start things off...

This past road race was fun and fast. There was some good battles in all of the mains. Im2lazy had the quickest lap time but just couldn't keep it together in the mains. Was great to see Buggymaster back out there. Although he didn't take the top honors, his car and driving looked the best out there. Looks like Justin is back in form as he gave the usual top dogs a run. Some of the newer guys are really stepping up and racing is getting challenging...and fun. One more race before our championship so hope you guys can make it. Hope you parking lot guys can come out and check it out.

I hear that the Navy Exchange is becoming a great place to be. Kakaako Park is nice and quiet so great for testing and breaking in motors. Not sure what's going on at Costco. Anybody out there can fill in the info.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For those of us who don't know, who are you
Old 02-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Just think of me as the parking lot madman.

I hear the RB 3 chamber is the way to go with the Monster Truck guys. What motors seem to be the best? Is bigger better? Or just get a JP$$$. Post your opinions.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Kakaako Park was nice and quiet last night. Monster truck looked good. The neat thing is that the park is dirty enough to drift a nitro touring car. The bad thing is that the park is dirty enough to drift a nitro touring car. Lots of fun but painful on the conrod.

Gotta check out the Navy Exchange next week. I hear 1/5's are running along with a few 1/8 pan cars. Size, power, and speed. That's what it's all about.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello People....I'm back in action...well sort of...haha...ran my car again after a 9 month hiatus. Amazingly my old motor still fires up! Hehe...sniffed some nitro...got some glue on my fingers...uh-oh bug coming back.... Maybe its time to spend some money. Bleh! Nah just use my motto....run what you brung!
Old 02-25-2005, 08:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey MoChIMaN...
Welcome to the thread. Glad to see you made it back after such a long break. Goes to show that once you got the nitro in the blood, you're hooked. I like your motto "Run what cha brung". I'm like that cause I'm in it for the fun and can't afford to be crazy. If you run on-road, maybe you can make it to the championship race. I think it was March 19 - 20. Maybe someone out there can correct me if I'm wrong or you can just call Hobbietat. If you got friends, bring em out to the races. Maybe they'll get hooked too!
Old 02-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Hehe....KP Racers Unite! Hehe stop wrenching on your car! Just run what you brung!
Old 02-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Drags was pretty cool this past weekend. Saw an off-road style jump over the manhole (by Kent), saw a blow over (by Kent), saw a cross the center line and into the wall (by Kent), saw a copy of the intercept missle trying to go straight up (by Kent), saw a body blow off...twice (by Bobby), saw mid 70's mph by the .21 rails in the 1.9s, saw a funny car back off before the finish line and still run a 1.97, saw the same funny car run the whole 1/4 mile on it's wheelie wheels (lucky it was going straight...no steering with the front tires in the air).

.21s on 40% are the way to go. But the small block .15s should get close. Tires are the big $$$ issue. If you wanna go fast, gotta run the soft stuff. Which means 1 set, 1 day...maybe. I did see some Flintstones style tires...ouch! Lots of traction compound and fuel too!

Last edited by KPRacer; 02-28-2005 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Initiate

KP was nice and quiet last night with fire dancers for entertainment. Sprint and GT were fast but GT ended up head-on into a parked tire. Ended up with 80degree caster. Monster truck with a .28 was testing a 3 chamber pipe. Pretty strong from the bottom to mid. Idles really well too over the 086 pipe. Needs to tune a little more for the top to be comparable to the 086 pipe. 1/8 pan car didn't have enough room to have fun so it was parked. Might be heading to Navy Xchange next week.

On-road race this weekend. Test and tune for the championship.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by KPRacer
On-road race this weekend. Test and tune for the championship.
I'm thinking about trying foam as well as rubber tires this race... I like to race both classes during the championship... more chance for the hardware .

RRR front hubs are great. Tons steering. Going to try kysosho's 1 degree RRR front hubs... something else to play with. But need tires soon... I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be scrounging for more darn tires , but then again, I might just buy some.

I hope championships can be a big as it usually is.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Im2lazy, does hobbitat have the rrr 1 degree front hub? i'm thinking of trying it too. i just got done converting my fw-05r to the rr so i'll be chasing set ups this weekend.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Im2lazy...did you get the conversion or just buy the hubs? Seems to be hard to get the kit at this time. Gotta check out your car next race to see how it works. May the power be with you to keep running through all the mains.

BuggyMaster...I saw the 1 and 2 degree at RC Mushroom and RC Union. Not enough time to get them to test for the championship though.

Glad to see both of you joining this forum. Hopefully you'll be able to shed some technical expertise to all of us novices. See you guys his weekend. Hopefully StepPins will be able to make it too.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

yeah, i saw it there too but i don't have anything else to order. steppins should make it this weekend. maybe freakah too?
Old 03-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Tech Initiate

What is the difference in the RRR hubs? Where is the 1 and 2 degree changes? How do you think it's helping? Just asking for the tech tips. Would it work on the R/RR? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

i don't have any experience with the r/rr but i do know that the rrr front hubs will have more steering throw than the stock fw hubs. i think the 1 and 2 degree hubs add additional caster respectively. you should get the xxx main chassis setup guide for tuning reference. its a good book to have. i saw it at hobbietat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.