Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Route 106 Race Park in Pembroke New Hampshire >

Route 106 Race Park in Pembroke New Hampshire

Route 106 Race Park in Pembroke New Hampshire

Old 08-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewNicholas
Get enogh participation that we dont have to share the track with the karts.
Did you chat with the property owners?

Perhaps some dates can be worked in the future for rc only events.

What type of turnout do they get for gokarts rentals?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Gonzalez
Did you chat with the property owners?

Perhaps some dates can be worked in the future for rc only events.

What type of turnout do they get for gokarts rentals?

So far, the idea is to run Sunday as there is no kart racing then. Owners are interested :-)

simple cleaning, laying down some boards and figuring out how to set up the loop line. After that.... just race :-)
Old 08-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

This is an awesome place. Would be nice to see with power the cars are making now!!
Old 08-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Man I remember my Veteq going flat out down the straight and still into the sweeper. Love that place
Old 08-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Route 106 Race Park presents the 1st

3 HOUR Short Course Open ENDURANCE RACE!

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 1ST

Get your teams of no less than 3 ready!

At only $60 per team the cost is low and the payout is high!

Winning team will recieve "3" Tekin RS Pro esc's

You can have as many people on your team as you want, but at ALL times:
- 1 person has to marshal
- 1 person has to be in the pits
- 1 person has to be driving

1 CHASSIS: - at a penalty of 5 laps, you can change your chassis, but you must use the same transponder. So if you were to change chassis 3 times, we subtract 15 laps...... could be a tide turner

With a total of 3 hours on the track racing, we will use the following schedule:

- 8am to 10 am: Open Practice

Sign Ups done by 10:30am - Always a helpful atmosphere so call ahead if you are running behind. Otherwise, 10:30am is the deadline to sign up.

**you don't have to TQ this one, but if you miss this,,,, we can't put you in**

11am - 12pm: - CONTROLED practice - i.e. we'll call you up and track times.

12:30pm - 1st Leg of RACING STARTS! Based on controlled practice for starting position

1pm - 5 minute break

1:05 pm - 1:35pm - 2nd leg of Racing

1:35pm - 1:40pm - break

1:40pm - 2:10 - 3rd leg of racing

2:10pm - 2:15pm - break

2:15pm - 2:45pm - 4th leg of racing

2:45pm - 2:50pm - break

2:50pm - 3:20pm - 5th leg of racing

3:20pm - 3:25pm - break

3:25pm - 3:55pm - 6h and final leg of racing!!!!!!

Team with the most laps wins!!!!!

It's SCT-OPEN, so use a 21.5 or a 4.5, nimh or lipo - follow STANDARD rules for gear. No 3 cell, no 10 cell nimh monster you made last night, , , effectively, don't cheat

IF we have more than 10 teams, we will extend the schedule to allow for 2 full heats OR, space permitting, we'll stack drivers on the track. So driving etiquite will be important

PLEASE RSVP by the 20th of August including:
- name of your team
- names of team members
- transponder number

----- $5 off, or a hug, if you RSVP by the 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!! (we pick if it's $5 or a hug)
Old 08-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Someone was trying to get 5th scale back on the track a few years ago, any interest in bringing them back?
Old 08-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Someone was trying to get 5th scale back on the track a few years ago, any interest in bringing them back?
yup. September 1st will not only be the Enduro race, but at 8am that morning the asphalt track is opening up for more testing..... so get your gas guzzlers out!!!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

slight rule chane for Enduro race:

10 TEAMS ONLY!!!!!

Get your teams registered ASAP - if you can't get your own team you can try to hop onto someone elses team, but 10 teams is the MAX for this event....

pm or email me to register..... or what the heck,,, call me: 781-504-6309
Old 08-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

3 Teams have registered so far, only 7 left!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Video of the 'current' layout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ann_h...8&feature=plcp
Old 08-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

update to teams so far:

1st Team to formally register:
- Name: Brawlers
- Team: Joe Brooks, Scott Martell, Casey Rettke
- Transponder: 0348756

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd team
team name=can o whoopass
joe metz,rob leonard,rob sylester
transponder#6139270

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Team -
Team Name - Core
- Mike Hinkle
- John Rounds
- Doug Pearson
- Mark Dawson
- Andrew Moffett
- Scott Horner
Transponder - 6666666

4th Team:
Team Name: Bondage
Team Members:
- Kevin McDanials
- Jim Edmunds
- Mike Mulkahey
- Dylan LaBranch
transponder: 36-24-36

5th Team:
Team Name: To Be Determined
Carl Doran
Evan
Clinton
transponder: 420247
Old 08-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Initiate

new offroad layout complete.

track walk video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRholC1Dbj8&feature=plcp
Old 08-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

and we have 7 of 10 teams signed up for the enduro race!

7 Teams Registered, 3 spots remaining........

1st Team to formally register:
- Name: Brawlers
- Team:
Joe Brooks
Scott Martell
Casey Rettke
Rich Lareau
Nick Powell
- Transponder: 0348756

2nd team
team name=can o whoopass
joe metz,rob leonard,rob sylester
transponder#6139270

3rd Team -
Team Name - Core
- Chad
- Luke Marios
- John Rounds
- Doug Pearson
- Matt Casazza
- Scott Horner
Transponder - 6666666

4th Team:
Team Name: Bondage
Team Members:
- Kevin McDanials
- Jim Edmunds
- Mike Mulkahey
- Dylan LaBranch
transponder: 36-24-36

5th Team:
Team Name: Saucebag Ripdogs
Carl Doran
Evan
Clinton
transponder: 420247

6th Team:
Team Name: Team NESCRA
Team Members: classified
Transponder: classified

7th Team
Team Name: Fetish
Rick
Mark Dawson
Andrew Moffett
Chris Moffett
transponder: xxx

Last edited by The Bear; 08-26-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

That Endurance
race
was .......................................AWESOME!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

too many people to thank, but everyone enjoyed it
- The winning team took home 3 RS Pro ESC's - the last two teams got $60 gift certificates!!!!!!!!!!

OK, looking at the onroad scene......

Gentlemen, this track can be raced on.........................

Before people start fueling up their campers and taking time off etc. we need to be EXTREMELY clear -

THERE ARE NO PROMISES OF A PERFECT TRACK OR A SMOOTH EVENT

This is like the rising of the Phenix from the ashes and it needs an easy, nurturing start to have any chance at lasting. Resources are low and the work load is high. Track preperation will include sweeping..... no compound applied to the track but you can use whatever you want on your tires.

I just have to make sure that expectations are as low as possible, but I would LOVE to see an onroad race on this track. I would not be participating, but I would lend a hand to try and make this happen.

Before "I' commit myself to this, and BEFORE I approach the shop and owners about time/days, I need something of a head count and maybe more importantly at this point your thoughts and opinions.

and if it isn't meant to happen right now.... you should know that it's here... it CAN be raced on.... it's waiting for you.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The issue is timing.

The carpet track is opening up in New Roc and most of the guys are starting to transition to indoors in the next few weeks...the nitro season is starting to wind down. It has always been difficult in the past to get people fired up late in the season...it may result in alot of effort with very little return.

I think getting the Nercar group involved and trying to schedule an early event/demonstration in spring 2013 would be the way to go.

Perhaps this could be a test day for the track and feel out the owner for future events. Try to get a date planned with a possible rain date.

Nitro onroad is somewhat unique and the racers will travel from a great distance to attend events but they must be "trophy" type of events. Club races usually end up with marginal turnout. Racers just wont show if they have to drive many hours and get limited track time.

Two day events are ideal as people will be traveling many hours so if your trying to have good turnout above 10-15 guys this will need to be looked into. ( I see no reason why the race program could not be adjusted and ended on saturday at a time that allows them to race the gokarts in the evening as it looks like they start at around 4pm)

The Nercar guys have all sort of boards, blowers, and other equipment so this would make it a low cost option for the facility. I dont think they would actually need to buy anything to start running/racing onroad.

I think cleaning up the grass/dirt island would be the most important thing to work on short term with the owner.

Without grass planted or something to cover up the dirt the cars and track gets very messy very quickly when cars run off course.

Having a super clean track will always create more grip than spraying solvents all over the place in my opinion. Dirt and dust equal no grip...spraying something on top of dirt/dust doesnt do anything anyway. The oval section looks like it has a ton of grip already. Perhaps discuss with owner about spraying some grape soda on the INFIELD or alternatively get them to run the hell out of the infield with the rental gokarts the night before.

The only other concern would be making some sort of transition to keep cars off the rumble strip while they make the right turn onto the straight. This should be pretty straight forward.

Based on Andrews video and overall comments I think the track itself is fine and looks to have more grip than I would have guessed.

I've been to tracks were it looks like the surface of the moon, traction is low, tire wear is bananas and they still get a good turnout and end up with ok grip by middle of first day...so I would not be concerned with that part.

Having an open discussion and planning as far ahead a possible is going to yield the best result and best chance of meeting track owner expectations.

I previously spoke with Serpent America / Desoto Racing and they are interested in sponsoring an event such as a "Novarossi Challenge." I am more than happy to help out once the ball get rolling.

The most important thing is to keep some the ball rolling no matter how slowly it turns.....

Perhaps starting a facebook page so people can follow any updates,work on head counts, and volunteers to help with things. Easy way to get the word out on the facility and return of possible racing to 106. It also give the track owner something concrete to look at that show interest in the facility in actual numbers.

It will also be important to get a GT class started. These cars are something the hobby shop can actually sell as rtr and go around the track without much difficulty and are reasonably durable. This is best chance to get the local offroad racers and first timers on the track.

Last edited by J.Gonzalez; 09-02-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.