Onroad Racing @ Hot Rod Hobbies!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Onroad Racing @ Hot Rod Hobbies!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Onroad Racing @ Hot Rod Hobbies!

That's right....Onroad racing is back @ Hot Rod Hobbies starting this Saturday morning (February 5th) starting at 10am. Practice starts at 8am. Please post any and all questions here or call (661) 255-2404. All classes electric or gas welcome!
Old 01-31-2005, 06:54 PM
TLRacing

JB-What's the plan for saucing the track??
Old 01-31-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

two gallons of BBQ sauce. Todge, you don't need no stinkin sauce!!

When's the car available???
Old 01-31-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Im there.......
Stephen <><
Old 01-31-2005, 09:53 PM
TLRacing

Scott-Sup...the new JRXS will be available at the end of the February.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Todd - I don't know what to do as far as what to put on the track. I am open to suggestions! I was gonna run it dry to start but if you have any ideas call me!
Old 02-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Root beer..shasta seems to work well,Their are a few other traction compounds out their but they cost to much $$ and dont work much better than the root beer.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

....I wont be able to make this one...Got to go and take a test for a school....lol....Have fun.......
Old 02-02-2005, 07:38 PM
TLRacing

Yo JB, at the ROAR Onroad Nats this past year in Portland, OR they sprayed the track with VHT. This is a sauce that a lot of the gas tracks use to bring grip up immensely. At Crystal Park we sprayed the track with a mixture of 1 gallon of VHT to 2 gallons of gas(I think it was 2). Also at the Nats in Portland it was nice not to the feel the difference of new vs. used tires. VHT has minimal tire wear. This has awesome grip however if the dust blows over the track...it may create some problems. When there was onroad racing at HRH we sprayed the track with Rootbeer and the track was loose...not sure why?? It was actually better with no sauce.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:41 PM
R/C Tech Founder

If you're willing to pay for it, go with the VHT as Todd suggested; that stuff offers more grip than anything else, but is more expensive than the soda route.

When I used to operate a track on smooth, unsealed asphalt, we had experimented with a lot of different cheap liquids and the best we found was Mountain Dew. Root Beer, colas and anything Diet were not as good as the Dew. Before a race day, we'd pick up about 14 2-liter bottles of Dew and lay down a coat in the run line, mostly in the corners, sweepers and anyplace else where traction figured to be an issue.

VHT was better, but the Dew was cheap!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
If you're willing to pay for it, go with the VHT as Todd suggested; that stuff offers more grip than anything else, but is more expensive than the soda route.

When I used to operate a track on smooth, unsealed asphalt, we had experimented with a lot of different cheap liquids and the best we found was Mountain Dew. Root Beer, colas and anything Diet were not as good as the Dew. Before a race day, we'd pick up about 14 2-liter bottles of Dew and lay down a coat in the run line, mostly in the corners, sweepers and anyplace else where traction figured to be an issue.

VHT was better, but the Dew was cheap!
out in corona they sprayed the track with VHT.. it was an asphalt track that had a thin slurry seal. the VHT actually helped because the slurry seal offered no traction (esp. since this slurry seal was starting to peel)

VHT will get those cars STUCK.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Yea the VHT is the best,but it does cost some coin and it only comes in 55 gal drums..at least the last time i checked it did.futureal i never could bring my self to spray Mt. dew on a track..I love that stuff..
Old 02-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default spray

As others have mentioned, Vht works well but is $$.
Portland was a blast, hardly any tire wear and traction was awesome......For it being a parking lot track, it was the most traction my car had seen other than carpet!!!

Last edited by dal bains; 02-02-2005 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey folks, just happened to take a look at this thread as anything on road interests me.
VHT is available by the gallon. Any performance auto parts shop should be able to get it for you. Typical way to "thin" it out is to mix it with mineral spirits although there may be other ways.
Superior Hobbies down here in Florida uses VHT on the parking lot track. Feel free to give Rob or Michael a call. I'm sure they could help. www.superiorhobbies.com
Old 02-03-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Jimmy,
I kow I am no pro but the Santa Ana's are blowing this week and we all know what happens when desert + Wind + Traction componds do. When I was there a few weeks ago to practice I found just abbout three to five minutes of Paragon and I had enough grip, Granted I am not pro level driver so at the speeds you guys can put down I say lets try it dry this week and see.
Also when I was out at 4FUN a couple weeks ago Scott said he was using sugar water and I was getting super traction as that I needed no Paragon.
Just my Two Pennies,
Stephen <><

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.