Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 "Kosmic RC Fuel" Shoot Out!! April 27-29

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by d OG black flag
hey DJ thanks for the reply. not a problem i am just happy to have to go and have fun. with my r/c cars. I am getting old or older LOL. "I was fast once just not as fast i was "
It will be fun for sure. Tory has been working hard and things should be great.

See ya there,

DJ
Old 04-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hello all some updates on Hotels!!

We have a 10$/ night discount code at the Super 8 which is : Skyrocket Racing.

Super 8: 302-322-9480 <--- YOU MUST CALL AND BOOK DIRECT!!! YOU CANNOT USE HOTELS.COM OR ANYTHING ELSE TO GET DISCOUNT!!
1x Double bed room is 59.99 +tax w/ our discount

We have a discount in place at the Econo Lodge using Code: Blue Diamond Park saves you 10$ per night.

Econolodge: 302-322-4500 <--- YOU MUST CALL AND BOOK DIRECT!!! YOU CANNOT USE HOTELS.COM OR ANYTHING ELSE TO GET DISCOUNT!!

1 double bed room is 69.99 +tax w/ our code

I drove around both properties and the Super 8 looks like the better of the two and has been recently refurbished. The more people use our code the better your discount gets if you are going to stay USE THE CODE!!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

There WILL be electric racing at the Kosmic race. Details to follow.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

The New Serpent GT car should be at the track on Saturday. If you run GT please come out and check it out!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
The New Serpent GT car should be at the track on Saturday. If you run GT please come out and check it out!!!!
this saturday
Old 04-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
this saturday

The Saturday of the Kosmic race .... Saturday 4/28!!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default GT Racing

Hi Tory and Skyrocket team, please sign me up and my friend for GT.
Names:
Elvin C.
Jose Almonte

Team Los Magnificos Racing(LMR).

Thanks,can't wait to be there.
That is for the Cosmic Race.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Well guys, we are getting closer. Just 1 more week to go and we will be racing. I just found out the Rino will also be there running GT. Paolo is bring the GT and the new 747 for racers to see. It should be fun!! So come out and hang with friends and smell some Nitro

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Outstanding!!! We have a strong Serpent following in these neck of the woods!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

DJ what does the seminar line up look like right now?

I'm always curious when I should change my clutch shoe, like how much wear is too much and how does a short/worn shoe affect your clutch spring settings?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default Tire Choice

Tire choice and Traction for the Blue Diamond racing surface.

So I'm posting this after a huge argument with myself =D and apparently I'm a good arguer cause I won!!

The layout we have coupled with the newly laid down sealer creates a great mix of high speed action along with great grip, however it comes at the cost of tire wear on the left rear. On my 1/10 the left rear took a beating, the other 3 tires had normal wear (front right was 1.2mm over 15 minutes), so I plan to run a 42 or 45 on the left rear during the mains.

On 1/8 please be aware that softer tires will wear the left rear very quickly.

We have 3 sections of the track that are high speed right turns and are currently looking at ways to take some of the load off the left rear while keeping the current character of the layout that people love so much. While we are looking at them, there is no guarantee they will be in place before the Kosmic race.

I am an engineer by trade so I tend to pull things apart to minute detail, it may be overkill, but hey that is part of the reason I joined the other crazy people in this hobby .

These comments are not intended to start any discussions, they are intended to help you be better prepared with tire selection if it's your first time out to the Blue Diamond since we've redone it. Coming unprepared is no fun, and our goal here is to give you everything you need to have fun including information.

Come prepared, bring a set of 45's or 42's for the rear left, or harder tires in 1/8 for your rear left. The grip will be sufficient for you to run harder tires. If you run softs, you may want to practice with staggered spring stiffness this weekend (harder springs on the outside and softer on the inside) or even cutting your tires staggered (larger left rear).

We will have harder 1/10 Contact's, GQ's, onsite for the race, we will also have some 1/8 Contact, Gq's, Xceed and Jaco rears as well.

I'll have a very special blend of Magic tire traction compound for this surface for sale onsite for this event (and only for this event it will not be available online).

Rubber tire GT guys, you should bring some Sweep traction compound or try some of the Magic for Rubber Tires. I found that my electric car w/ rubber tires gripped much better and lasted longer treated than untreated.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YmeBP
DJ what does the seminar line up look like right now?

I'm always curious when I should change my clutch shoe, like how much wear is too much and how does a short/worn shoe affect your clutch spring settings?
-So far I have a Clutch maintenance seminar and will also include a motor maintenance class with this.

-Tire and finals strategy seminar

-Also an all out Q & A session where anything can be asked and I will do my best to answer

This is what I have so far, but we can change it up is needed.

See everyone in a week,

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-19-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
-So far I have a Clutch maintenance seminar and will also include a motor maintenance class with this.

-Tire and finals strategy seminar

-Also an all out Q & A session where anything can be asked and I will do my best to answer

This is what I have so far, but we can change it up is needed.

See everyone in a week,

DJ Apolaro
Any chance of recording the seminars and posting on the Skyrocket & your website DJ? That way those of us that are out of town and cannot make it to the race do not lose out on all of the knowledge?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by godzukihop
Any chance of recording the seminars and posting on the Skyrocket & your website DJ? That way those of us that are out of town and cannot make it to the race do not lose out on all of the knowledge?
I'm not sure if we can get that all worked out with the time we have left I'll try but can't promise. I'll call you a little later today.

Needless to say if anyone is interested in these topics and how to do them better they should make it a point to be at this race next weekend!!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

It looks like for this race the people that are at the event will get the info first hand. I completely understand not everyone can make, even if they want to, but we are not going to be recording the seminars. At least not in full length and not by us the organizers. If someone takes video with their phone we are not stopping you, but it may make it harder to get the info and trying to record it also.

Sorry and hope a lot of racers come out to support Tory and the Blue Diamond crew for all their efforts.

We will be giving away some samples of fuel and Kosmic is also be working with John from the local hobby shop to have fuel available for purchase. His hobby shop is about 10 minutes down the road and I hope the racers support him when ever possible. He will be at the track and I will make it a point to have business cards from his shop to hand out.

Thanks,

DJ Apolaro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.